Pre-Game Talk: Predators @ Habs, Saturday at 7

Status
Not open for further replies.

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010
I’m neutral about the player, that’s why I can offer an objective analysis about the situation. Your contention is that your angry about the trade and trying to take it out on other posters who don’t think like you.

I was neutral about the players as well until it was made obvious we got ripped off and got the inferior older player. The coverup by the organization was pathetic. Way to many people with ego’s with nothing to back it up with wearing suits within this organization. You can’t just say “my opinion on the player is neutral therefore only myself can offer an analysis.” It’s been a year and a half and the trade has been a complete and utter failure. People are upset for a reason.

The Gr8 Dane

L'harceleur
Jan 19, 2018
Montreal
Subban.GIF

Un jeu individualisse.

This Lars eller to pk play is legendary one of my favorite goals in recent habs history

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
We won't get over the PK trade and we won't get over the Radulov affair and we won't get over the treatment of our beloved General.

Three separate incidents that should never have played out as they did. More concerning in the overall scheme of things is the blatant disregard of the fan. The obvious manipulation of the media to sway the average fan is disgusting. It's amazing how open this organization becomes when it's spin time. A side by side comparison with the Rangers recent release should turn more than a few heads.

To a lesser extent, you could add the Larry Robinson fiasco where Bergevin did everything he could to sidestep him in favor of JJD.

Goodbahd

Dec 17, 2017
I was neutral about the players as well until it was made obvious we got ripped off and got the inferior older player. The coverup by the organization was pathetic. Way to many people with ego’s with nothing to back it up with wearing suits within this organization. You can’t just say “my opinion on the player is neutral therefore only myself can offer an analysis.” It’s been a year and a half and the trade has been a complete and utter failure. People are upset for a reason.

The only ones upset are either his fan club or people that just like to complain for the sake of it.

The trade has not been a complete utter failure, it hasn’t even been a failure.

Weber is still elite, and finished 6th in Norris voting last year. Somehow that just gets forgotten?

Goodbahd

Dec 17, 2017
Your mastery of the language is as abysmal as your posting. Genius is much broader than IQ. Try using a dictionary.

Funny I think you were one of the people laughing at Bergevin for being a high school drop out, but judging by your posts, I wouldn’t be surprised if you dropped out of high school too. Comparing Subban to the intelligence of someone like Einstein, that’s really pathetic at best.

NotProkofievian

Nov 29, 2011
This Lars eller to pk play is legendary one of my favorite goals in recent habs history

I would trade any player on this god forsaken, good for nothing, sack of shit roster for one moment like that. There are no habs anymore. There's just a bunch of assholes wearing the sweater.

Reactions: Doc McKenna

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Montreal used to be a city big enough to house the biggest players in the world. Now management acts so small it can't fit anyone whose ego might rival theirs. It's just sad.

It goes beyond that. As several pundits have stated in the last 5 years, Bergevin is the face of the franchise. I don't know too many hockey organizations where that's the case. The one that comes to mind is when Patrick Roy, but this was about an ex-star NHL player drawing in a junior circuit:

After retiring from the NHL, Roy joined the Quebec Remparts of the QMJHL as vice-president of hockey operations; he also became the owner and general manager, and on September 29, 2005, he was named head coach of the team.

Last edited:
Reactions: Doc McKenna

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010
The only ones upset are either his fan club or people that just like to complain for the sake of it.

Weber is still elite, and finished 6th in Norris voting last year. Somehow that just gets forgotten?

When you do a swap of #1 defenceman like we did and you’re getting the one whose 4 years older and in his 30’s, you can safely assume the trade was made to win now. It doesn’t look too good when the younger player plays a critical role in his team getting to a Stanley Cup final just a year into the trade. The next year he’s on pace to finish to win the Norris while Weber has been nowhere to be seen. Interested how you defend this? Subban donates money to a hospital, he’s bigger then the team. French Canadian Jonathan Drouin does it, and the organization is holding his hand. You don’t see anything wrong with this?

BlackStar

Aug 12, 2010
Subban worked fine. He led the Habs in scoring in the playoffs several times and was Top 3 scorer in the season for the team. He won a Norris Trophy and got nominated for another.

The only people who really had issue with him were in management. Markov has publicly denied all rumours that Subban was a problem in the locker room. But I guess the guy who lived through the Three Amigos era doesn't know what he's talking about.

I mean does everyone forget that in the last Blackhawks Cup, before the playoffs started there were fights in the locker room? It doesn't matter if people don't like each other. It matters if they have the skill to go all the way. That's all. Stop clutching to rumours of bad blood. You know what makes everything better? Winning. You know who stopped this team from being a winner? Bergevin.

I still marvel over the idea that Patrick Kane, despite all his off-ice controversies is considered a "character guy" by the hockey world. And yet, Subban--despite winning an award for his charitable work as a rookie in the AHL, his massive charitable work in Montreal, and the work he's doing in Nashville, which includes "Blueline Buddies", a program to build better relations between Black kids and Tennessee cops---is a polarizing figure and considered by many to have "poor character".

It's astonishing. Black kids are watching (many not anymore), and they are seeing how biased the hockey culture is to their hero.

loudi94

Master of my Domain
Jul 8, 2003
Alberta

Next year Weber plays 82 games and PK is out of the lineup with a herniated disk and the debate pendulum swings again. We won, we lost, we won, we lost....So what? Most of us survived way more lopsided trades than this. Sempre avanti!

PuckSeparator

May 18, 2014
Check Republik
Not that I give much stock in Therrien's diagnosis, but if this is how he felt, Bergy probably felt the same.

Subban said his fate lies in the hands of the Canadiens medical staff, but Therrien suggested it is up to the player to determine when he can return.
"At the end of the day, P.K.'s going to decide when he's going to come back," Therrien said. "Players always decide. They know when they're ready to play."

Subban remains sidelined with neck injury
Here's a good prtion of PK's quote:

"I've still got some symptoms from the injury and they don't want me back here unless I'm 100 percent," Subban said. "My thing is I just want to take it day by day and try to be patient. This is the first time in my career I've ever been out of the lineup for an injury, so every day that passes I get more and more anxious, but that's why we have the best training staff in the world. I trust in these guys."
Subban will travel with the Canadiens to Detroit and take part in the morning skate. He refused to speculate whether he would be ready for the Canadiens' next game against the New York Rangers at Bell Centre on Saturday.
"I've done that earlier, right after my injury I tried to target games and it just didn't work out that way," Subban said. "So for me right now, I have to put my trust in the doctors and let them make the decision for me. Once they see the mobility is at a place where I'm not at risk, I have to go with what they say. It's not really in my hands. I'm not a doctor. I don't know when I'm at risk, when I'm not at risk."

The important imo is in bolded. He let his doctors decide when he wasn't at risk, and I'm guessing that he still was as he didn't play another game that season. I don't really see the big deal here, if anything it sounds like more of the usual Therrien throwing PK under the bus BS, albeit a little more subtle in this case.

How many coaches do you hear sound so disconnected from the player's message, or just say things like that about their best skater in general? Most coaches go to war with the media for their best skater, Therrien was the opposite: he was AT war with his best skater.

Reactions: groovejuice

badi

Jan 21, 2008

Not sure if youre joking
The trade is a big part of this failure and pathétic team

Reactions: Pickles

NotProkofievian

Nov 29, 2011

That's what you do with forgettable performances. You forget them.

Reactions: Pickles

loudi94

Master of my Domain
Jul 8, 2003
Alberta
Here's a good prtion of PK's quote:

"I've still got some symptoms from the injury and they don't want me back here unless I'm 100 percent," Subban said. "My thing is I just want to take it day by day and try to be patient. This is the first time in my career I've ever been out of the lineup for an injury, so every day that passes I get more and more anxious, but that's why we have the best training staff in the world. I trust in these guys."
Subban will travel with the Canadiens to Detroit and take part in the morning skate. He refused to speculate whether he would be ready for the Canadiens' next game against the New York Rangers at Bell Centre on Saturday.
"I've done that earlier, right after my injury I tried to target games and it just didn't work out that way," Subban said. "So for me right now, I have to put my trust in the doctors and let them make the decision for me. Once they see the mobility is at a place where I'm not at risk, I have to go with what they say. It's not really in my hands. I'm not a doctor. I don't know when I'm at risk, when I'm not at risk."

The important imo is in bolded. He let his doctors decide when he wasn't at risk, and I'm guessing that he still was as he didn't play another game that season. I don't really see the big deal here, if anything it sounds like more of the usual Therrien throwing PK under the bus BS, albeit a little more subtle in this case.

How many coaches do you hear sound so disconnected from the player's message, or just say things like that about their best skater in general? Most coaches go to war with the media for their best skater, Therrien was the opposite: he was AT war with his best skater.

There was definitely an issue between management and the player. Our bias determines where to lay the blame on that. 100% - 0%, 50/50, 60/40... we won't know for many years.

All I know is that management was bound and determined to deal PK before his no move clause kicked in.

badi

Jan 21, 2008
Hoping for a big time pasting tonight
7 -0 Preds
Pk with 5 pts
Then l antichambre will say that it was a bad game for Pk ,,,,,,
Lolllll

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010
Next year Weber plays 82 games and PK is out of the lineup with a herniated disk and the debate pendulum swings again. We won, we lost, we won, we lost....So what? Most of us survived way more lopsided trades than this. Sempre avanti!

It’s going to take a lot more then Weber playing 82 games and a PK injury to sway the trade. PK has been apart of three teams that have made it to the ECF or farther, and played a big part each time. For a trade that was suppose to help us in the moment, what exactly has Shea done in the playoffs his entire career? Just because we’ve been hosed in the past doesn’t mean people should throw management a pass on this trade. When the clowns that designed this team get fired, you’ll see many more fans able to move on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad