Predators Fantasy Hockey Thread

utmfisher19

Nov 29, 2005
Nashville, Tn
Just had someone drop out on me 4 days before the draft is set to begin. The drafts don't run unless the leagues are full. So if you or anyone else you know would like to join/play, please let me know. Either PM me or send me an email to [email protected]

Thanks!

(P.S. if no one comes forward, I know Ryan, you will take over a team in the bottom leagues and not be eligible for promotion -- but let's hope it doesn't come to that)

Predarat

Aug 16, 2005
Feel free to throw me as well in if someone backs out and you need an emergency replacement in the bottom leagues, even if I have to Auto Draft. My team is the Tallahassee Warthogs in L2, Like you day hope it does not come down to that.

token grinder

Facts Get Deleted
Sep 29, 2009
Alleged Mod Abuser
I would like to congratulate myself on out drafting every team in the premier league. (not that it has any indication of how my team will perform) but it is damn sexy on paper

utmfisher19

Nov 29, 2005
Nashville, Tn
OK, I have to be the Cynic. You have plans for a CHL draft?
Good idea! Is there such a thing available?

I would like to congratulate myself on out drafting every team in the premier league. (not that it has any indication of how my team will perform) but it is damn sexy on paper
You vs Me:

1st line you: Taylor Hall - Plekanec - Callahan
1st line me: Ovechkin - Elias - Gaborik

2nd line you: Evander Kane - Benn - Erat
2nd line me: Dustin Brown - Henrique - Cole

3rd line you: Krejci - Stastny - Hemsky
3rd line me: Ott - Stepan - Stepan

4th line you: Couturier - Anisimov - Carter (Matt Martin)
4th line me: Glencross - Duchene - Ryan Malone (Chris Kelly)

1st line D you: McDonagh - Hamhuis
1st line D me: Chara - Girardi

2nd line D you: Myers - Hedman
2nd line D me: Dennis Seidenberg - Robidas

3rd line D you: Schenn - Boychuk (Marc Staal/Gardiner)
3rd line D me: Coburn - Orpik (Brewer/Gleason)

G you: Lundqvist (Fleury and Price)
G me: Ryan Miller (Hiller and Theodore)

token grinder

Facts Get Deleted
Sep 29, 2009
Alleged Mod Abuser
I see alot of similar characteristics, but I like my goalies better as JT will not be a consistant starter this year either due to trade or Markstrom. D is about a wash. I drafted minute eating, shot blocking, hitting, plus minus machines. I figure every week I will forfiet D points and forward G. My forwards are deeeeeep. When the Cup champions top wing is on my 4th line, I have something going here. they all hit and play big minutes other than martin who is the new clutterbuck

in other words...I like my team more.

Predarat

Aug 16, 2005
My team sucks, they will get defeated multiple times. Lucky this is a non relegation season or I would be knocked down to L5.

utmfisher19

Nov 29, 2005
Nashville, Tn
Leagues have been reactivated! It's that time! However, I do not have the time right now to setup the League Front-Page. I will get started on that this weekend/beginning of next week. PLEASE let me know if you are in/out for this season -- and if you are out, please let me know ASAP so I can fill your spot.

Keepers are due September 20th and the draft will be 7-14 days after that.

Hope to hear from you all. Thanks!

TootooTrain

Sandpaper
Jun 12, 2010
When will promotions be announced?
obama-deal-with-it-phone-smug-mobile-1351855080z-300x205.jpg

utmfisher19

Nov 29, 2005
Nashville, Tn
Which reminds me: We are looking to add new players. Whether you are new to fantasy hockey or experienced, this is a good league to start.

Why? Because there is a promotion/relegation system that brings all the top/veteran/intense fantasy players in the higher leagues and keeps all the lower/newer/laid-back fantasy players in the lower leagues.

What are the rules?
You play against someone in your league head-to-head to see who wins the most point categories. The point categories are: G, A, Pts, +/-, PIM, FOW, A-TOI, SOG, HITS, BlockShots, Def Pts, PP Pts, SH Pts, Goalie Wins, Saves, Shutouts, GAA, SV%, and Goalie Win%
It is a Keeper league. Which means if you draft someone that you want to keep next year, you are able to. If not, you can draft someone else in the first few rounds of the draft instead of keeping someone you aren't fond of. At most you can keep 3 players of any age and as a benefit to you, you can keep one Under23 year old that counts as the very last pick in the draft.

How many players are on a roster? Just like real NHL rosters, your team consists of 20 starting players and 3 bench players to total 23. We currently have it setup like this: 2LW, 2RW, 4C, 3F, 4D, 3Util, 2G, 3Bench and if you have players hurt, up to 3IR spots.

This is overwhelming, how can I keep up with all of this? Actually, ESPN and myself do all of the work for you. If you don't know if a players is LW or RW, ESPN has it listed for every player. And then you are only allowed to add that player to the position he is eligible for. I usually only check/change my roster once or twice a week (pretty much the same as I do my fantasy football team), so this isn't something that you'd have to be checking 5-6 times a week (unless you want to).

And as always, smack talking is VERY welcomed.

Let me know if you guys are interested and I can help answer any questions. Don't be afraid to join. It is never too late to start!

utmfisher19

Nov 29, 2005
Nashville, Tn
Still 2-4 spots left that need to be filled. If there are more than 4 requests, we can add one more league and can fill up to 14 more spots. The draft is on Saturday the 21st, so get in before this weekend so you can have time to prepare!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad