Predators Fantasy Hockey Thread

token grinder

Facts Get Deleted
Sep 29, 2009
Alleged Mod Abuser
espn has activated their fantasy leagues. this thread, at least at the outset will be for recruitment for leagues run by pred fans. utmfisher runs a 5 tier premier league like league, and I am sure he will post details for you all.

I have a league with 4 openings. It is a dynasty in the 2nd year. There are a few quirks for the league, the biggest being that prospects are protected for the 16 teams in the league until the player plays ten games. for example, the preds owner can leave ryan ellis in the FA pool until he finishes game 10. At that point, he is fair game for anyone to pick up. So, having a deep prospect pool helps reload even if your teams stink. only 8 teams make the championship playoffs (the top two from each division)

The teams I have available are colorado, san jose, vancouver, and toronto

have a look at the settings, let me know if you are interested. once the teams are filled, we will hold an offline 1 round draft to draft in players from the previous entry draft.

http://games.espn.go.com/fhl/leagueoffice?leagueId=204

Last edited by a moderator:

utmfisher19

Nov 29, 2005
Nashville, Tn
Thanks Ryan, I thought about starting a threat myself, but this works.

Here is some info on my league:

Anyone on here want to join the large fantasy hockey league that I have setup on ESPN? Currently, I have 4 and 3/4 full leagues with over 64 players. The leagues are arranged based on experience and promotions/relegations from these leagues. They are arranged as follows: experts(1) to all-stars(2) to pros(3) to amateurs(4) to rookies(5).

The leagues are complete with 3+1 keepers (3 of any age and 1 U25), a relegation system throughout the 5 Leagues, and is played by a large group of Predators fans (and other fans around the world sprinkled in).

Currently, I am looking for about 3-4 more players to complete the 5th league and 10-12 more players to complete a 6th full league. I believe we can do this this year as I have added 1 full league each of the past 3 years and want to do it again.

We have a large group of the regular poster's from HFBoards on down to the NP.com boards.

If you guys want to know more, let me know either in this thread or PM me. I can give you any info you need; including any questions about how the league is setup, etc. The leagues are not complex. All you need to do is show up, draft, set your roster daily (or once a week... however much you want to check it), and then label your keepers at the end of the year. I take care of the rest.

*Note to those already in the league. The leagues are currently being setup. I will have them up and ready to go within the next 24-48 hours. So check your emails!

Thanks,

Brian Fisher

TootooTrain

Sandpaper
Jun 12, 2010
Hey utmfisher I'd be very interested in joining your league. I have yet to play in a keeper league, but I have about 4 years of fantasy experience with hockey, baseball, autoracing and very active. From that you can decide which group I belong. (I don't mind beating up on the younglings) I've also never used ESPN before for fantasy so I hope it will be an easy transition. Just a couple of questions about keepers and the league in general. Are trades allowed throughout the season, are there any DL spots with FA available, and what are the applicable stats. Cheers!

utmfisher19

Nov 29, 2005
Nashville, Tn
Hey utmfisher I'd be very interested in joining your league. I have yet to play in a keeper league, but I have about 4 years of fantasy experience with hockey, baseball, autoracing and very active. From that you can decide which group I belong. (I don't mind beating up on the younglings) I've also never used ESPN before for fantasy so I hope it will be an easy transition. Just a couple of questions about keepers and the league in general. Are trades allowed throughout the season, are there any DL spots with FA available, and what are the applicable stats. Cheers!
Sweet. I'll put you in the highest league that has an available slot then as it seems you have some good experience. I'll get back to you via PM asking for your email addy and to tell you which league you will be joining at the beginning of next week.

ESPN is very easy to use. They use live stats and the league board is very easy to manipulate and custom create with backgrounds, chat-rolls, etc.

Answers: Yes, you can trade as many times as you want throughout the season. The only restriction is how many players you can add/drop per week (6) and roster spots (3C, 3RW, 3LW, 2F, 4D, 3UTIL, 2Goalies, and 5 Bench spots). There are 3 IR spots available. Unlike Yahoo, cbs sportsline, etc, ESPN allows you to place players that are considered "OUT" for the future games (but not on their NHL team's IR) on the fantasy league's IR. And lastly, the stats are:

Position players: Goals, Assists, +/-, PIM, PPP (PP points), SHP (SH points), FOW, ATOI, Hits, Blocked Shots, SOG, and D-manPoints to total 12.

Goalies: W, SA, SV, SO, GAA, SV%, and Goalie Win % to total 7.

This is setup by Head-to-head matchup by category (aka if you win 10 categories, lose 6, and tie 3 your record is 10-6-3). Hope this helps.

Vegas is better

Mar 4, 2011
Can't wait for your league, UTM.

I don't think I've made any draft but this is the year! I want to win again lol

Look forward to it and good luck, everyone! :)

jlsg

Nov 8, 2006
I'm in. Need to start thinking about keepers. Don't know who I have that's U25

hockey diva

RIP Pred303
Sponsor
May 17, 2010
Beleriand
Fisher, I will not be participating this year. I'm in another keeper league that I want to focus on more this year. So my slot in L4 is open.

utmfisher19

Nov 29, 2005
Nashville, Tn
I might be interested in Hall assuming the price is right. I believe I'm taking a spot in premiere this year.
No... You will probably start at the bottom and work your way up, just like everyone else has/had to. There are 60+ other people that have been working their way up for 4 years that want a shot at the Premier League.

TootooTrain

Sandpaper
Jun 12, 2010
No... You will probably start at the bottom and work your way up, just like everyone else has/had to. There are 60+ other people that have been working their way up for 4 years that want a shot at the Premier League.

Ok, that's fine, I don't have a problem with that. Thanks for the clarification.

glenngineer

Jan 27, 2010
Franklin, TN

Smack down. Ouch. Bet that had to hurt. Hope you make it to the premiere league so we can talk more smack in the future. Good luck this year.

JLSG, I may have a player or two I'd be interested in moving that's under 25 too. I'm open to listening to any offer too so don't think I'm opposed to trading anyone.

token grinder

Facts Get Deleted
Sep 29, 2009
Alleged Mod Abuser
ouch. hope to see you in a few seasons so you can bow to me with fish and glenn.

Again, I have 4 openings in my league (refer to first post) that is a dynasty is any of you are nerdy enough. Different dynamic than fisher leagues, but also fun.

also, any other pred fans that run leagues, please put openings on here.

utmfisher19

Nov 29, 2005
Nashville, Tn
Smack down. Ouch. Bet that had to hurt. Hope you make it to the premiere league so we can talk more smack in the future. Good luck this year.

ouch. hope to see you in a few seasons so you can bow to me with fish and glenn.
I had no idea how to word that post without coming off sounding like a jerk. I really didn't mean anything by it Tootoo Train. I just know there would be some REALLY pissed off people if they were jumped into PL, L2, L3, etc by someone who is brand new.

And everyone should take a look at Ryan's dynasty league. He has put a lot of work into it and it is a lot of fun.

TootooTrain

Sandpaper
Jun 12, 2010
I had no idea how to word that post without coming off sounding like a jerk. I really didn't mean anything by it Tootoo Train. I just know there would be some REALLY pissed off people if they were jumped into PL, L2, L3, etc by someone who is brand new.

Hah, don't worry about it. I got the sense that people have been in this league for years and it wouldn't look too good on you to let the new kid on the block walk in and decimate. :sarcasm: No worries, whatever level you want me in is fine. Cheers.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->