Predators Fantasy Hockey Thread

utmfisher19

Nov 29, 2005
Nashville, Tn
I'm bored and haven't played fantasy in years. I suppose if there's room, I'm in.
Check your PMs :) You're in.

I still have room. Everyone in Leagues 1-5 are confirmed and have joined. In League 6, I am short 2 people. And in League 7, there are still 6 spots open.

This means we currently sit at 90 people throughout HFBoards, NP.com boards, OtF boards, and friends of people on these 3 sites.

mollymcdeath

I'm drunk.
Jan 4, 2011
Nashville
I'd really like to give fantasy hockey a try. I've played fantasy football on ESPN for a few years and would really dig playing a fantasy sport I actually follow closely. So if anyone is recruiting for newbies, I'm game.

utmfisher19

Nov 29, 2005
Nashville, Tn
I've never done this before, should I try?
It is now or never, I think...

Reason why:

• A lot of new people are also in your league
  • There are over 90 other Preds fans in it
  • Fun way to learn more about other players across the league
  • If you have any questions, I am 100% willing to answer ANYTHING you want to ask about fantasy sports/hockey.
  • Lastly, it is a great way to make friends with other fans that are just as passionate about hockey/Preds as you are.

So i'd say yeah :)

token grinder

Facts Get Deleted
Sep 29, 2009
Alleged Mod Abuser
espn has activated their fantasy leagues. this thread, at least at the outset will be for recruitment for leagues run by pred fans. utmfisher runs a 5 tier premier league like league, and I am sure he will post details for you all.

I have a league with 4 openings. It is a dynasty in the 2nd year. There are a few quirks for the league, the biggest being that prospects are protected for the 16 teams in the league until the player plays ten games. for example, the preds owner can leave ryan ellis in the FA pool until he finishes game 10. At that point, he is fair game for anyone to pick up. So, having a deep prospect pool helps reload even if your teams stink. only 8 teams make the championship playoffs (the top two from each division)

The teams I have available are colorado, san jose, vancouver, and toronto

have a look at the settings, let me know if you are interested. once the teams are filled, we will hold an offline 1 round draft to draft in players from the previous entry draft.

http://games.espn.go.com/fhl/leagueoffice?leagueId=204

I also have the St. Louis franchise available in this league along with Colorado, San Jose, Toronto, and vancouver if anyone is interested.

Orange and Black

Dec 13, 2006
Philadelphia
Looking for one person to join a 10 team Roto League. Its an ESPN league and its free to join. The live draft is Saturday, October 1 at 10 AM EST.

Scoring Categories: Goals, Assists, +/-, Special Teams Points, Shots, Hits, PIMs, and Defensemen Points

Goalie Categories: Wins, Shutouts, Save %, and GAA

If you're interested, message me.

Thanks!

utmfisher19

Nov 29, 2005
Nashville, Tn
Check your PMs :)

To everyone else: There are between 3-5 spots remaining. First come, first serve.
UPDATE:

Leagues 1-5 are completely full. League 6 has 12 teams (which is enough to get started and have a draft), but can have 2 more teams join if anyone is still interested. Less than 3 days left to join!

TootooTrain

Sandpaper
Jun 12, 2010
Season starts tomorrow. Good luck everyone! Thanks again utmfisher for organizing the leagues.

Chazz Reinhold

Sep 6, 2005
The Stanley Cup
This seemed like a good enough thread to post this in: Where is it looking like Geoffrion will play this season? What do you think are reasonable stat projections for him?

utmfisher19

Nov 29, 2005
Nashville, Tn
This seemed like a good enough thread to post this in: Where is it looking like Geoffrion will play this season? What do you think are reasonable stat projections for him?
Right now he is projected to start out as the 4th line center. I do expect him to be sent to be sent to Milwaukee at some point IF everyone gets healthy (Fisher). With that being said, I'd expect 60+ games played with 12-15 goals and 10-12 assists.

This article sums it up pretty well from OnTheForecheck: http://www.ontheforecheck.com/2011/9/29/2457186/blake-geoffrion-2011-2012-season-preview. In that article, you can see that Geoffrion's numbers are SLIGHTLY skewed due to the high shooting%. I wouldn't expect him to score at a 0.3 goals per game clip, but I also don't think he would fall below 0.25 points per game either.

Hope that helps.

utmfisher19

Nov 29, 2005
Nashville, Tn
To continue to improve the Preds Fantasy Hockey Leagues, I'm officially making these changes:

Changes for Fantasy Hockey Leagues 2012-2013:

1.) We will be adding a points category for all skaters.
2.) We will be removing SA (Shots Against stat for goalies). This will bring offensive/defensive stats to 13(68%) and goalie stats to 6(32%).
3.) We will limit the number of goalies on 1 team, aka the max, to 3.
4.) We will decrease 1LW&1RW spot and add 2W (generic) wing spots.
5.) We will not allow trading of any non-keeper players post-trade deadline. Aka, you can only trade keepers for other keepers or draft picks.

Changes for Fantasy Hockey Leagues 2013-2014:

1.) We will put a limit on the number of goalies you can have as keepers, aka the max, to 2.
2.) We will change U25 to U23 (from your 12/13 roster).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad