TSN: Predators Exploring Possibilty of Moving a Center

Ricky Bobby

Aug 31, 2008
Abdelkader had 3 points this year, Turris had 31 while in and out of the lineup. You're vastly underrating Turris, he's overpaid by 2-3 million, he's not a 13th forward.

And in real dollars, Abdelkader makes almost exactly 3M per year (with 1 year less term).

Roman Yoshi

Aug 16, 2009
Franklin, TN
Turris (6M cap hit for 4 year, real dollar total: 24M) to Detroit for a deal around Abdelkader (4.25M cap hit for 3 years, 9.5M in real dollars).

For Detroit: Turris would slot in as the # 2C right away and bridge the gap till they find someone longer term to fill the role. No quality UFA centre is choosing Detroit without a massive overpayment till they're a good team which is at least a few years away.

For Nashville: they pay a lower cap hit with 1 year less term and with Covid the real dollars make a big difference - Abdelkader had his deal front loaded unlike Turris.

I actually don't hate this. You then buy him out or convince him to go to LTIR. Add in a 6th and I think that is doable.

HawkeyTalkMan

Jun 23, 2015
we go live to Poile who is addressing the media:

EmbarrassedPepperyAmericanriverotter-small.gif

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
How much money would the Preds be willing to eat on the Turris deal do you think?

If he was in the 3-4M range he would be an interesting 3C reclamation project

Chayos

Mar 6, 2003
Winnipeg
Neal 3 x $5.75m, Turris 4 x $6.0m Name me one reason why Nashville would be retaining on Turris? It's basically a wash here.
I tend to agree. This is a straight up deal of 2 players that would fit the other teams needs better. The oilers need a 3 c and the Preds need a winger and to lose some term as well.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
I think Duchene to the Rangers. He hasn't panned out.

Could get Strome back, and a 1st (22), and a prospect.

Duchy had a good run with Panarin in Columbus. That would load up the Rags top lines.

I get the sense with no fans, that Nashville is going to be a budget team this year, rebuild their core.

not for 6 more years at $8M, nope
are you proposing Preds retain?
NYR already have Bread, Trouba and Kreider contracts, Cap tightness for '20-21 with excessive dead space, numerous RFA/UFAs, then Zib will need re-signing and multiple key ELCs will run out

sorry NYR can't solve that problem for Preds
NYR more likely to look for lesser Cap Hit, B/B+ C, like a Haula

Pass on Matt D. - will be 30 in January with 6 years left. Nope.

I'd rather take the other 2nd line center in Johansen. ;), just turned 28 with 5 years left. same money, less term

Total no on Duchene. Not a fit in multiple areas.

RyJo not a true fit but workable at half.
We could use NY $ and flip him when the financial environment improves post covid, or if/when opportunity strikes and injury forces a team to a move.

Just to be clear:
RyJo 5 years at 8 MUST be full retained to half.
NY can include both Strome and Buch which is gonna be ballpark that for next season, provide you w/2C regardless of if Turris traded or not, prob makes that easier to facilitate, and you still have a top 6 W.
Unfortunately, Hank has been bought out, cuz, would have been good for us to send him to you on expiring 4.5 which no one likes paying for insurance but Rinne is not a spring chicken either.
You would have to add to your 1st, Devils 2020 2nd almost does it if you add a 2021 2nd.

Spitballin, but somethin like that.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
I think Duchene to the Rangers. He hasn't panned out.

Could get Strome back, and a 1st (22), and a prospect.

Duchy had a good run with Panarin in Columbus. That would load up the Rags top lines.

I get the sense with no fans, that Nashville is going to be a budget team this year, rebuild their core.

They didn't play on the same line.

I think it was tried for a few games after the trade and then abandoned.

Both guys need the puck a lot to be effective.

Reactions: Viqsi

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad