TSN: Predators Exploring Possibilty of Moving a Center

DemidovSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
Reactions: DATSOMATIC13

Rob Brown

Way She Goes
Dec 17, 2009
I would assume it would be Bonino or Turris if they can find a taker with some salary retained. Can't see them moving Duchene or Johansen, unless Johansen is just to shake up the locker room.

voyageur

Hockey fanatic
Jul 10, 2011
I think Duchene to the Rangers. He hasn't panned out.

Could get Strome back, and a 1st (22), and a prospect.

Duchy had a good run with Panarin in Columbus. That would load up the Rags top lines.

I get the sense with no fans, that Nashville is going to be a budget team this year, rebuild their core.

Soundgarden

Jul 22, 2008
Spring Hill, TN
I think Duchene to the Rangers. He hasn't panned out.

Could get Strome back, and a 1st (22), and a prospect.

Duchy had a good run with Panarin in Columbus. That would load up the Rags top lines.

I get the sense with no fans, that Nashville is going to be a budget team this year, rebuild their core.

Hasn't he though? :dunno: I mean, he was a PPG or close to it through December or January and this was his first year here.
I'd rather see how he plays in a full season with one head coach and without Granlund and Turris than move him before we even give him a chance.

Reactions: 1FreakZilla3

voyageur

Hockey fanatic
Jul 10, 2011
Hasn't he though? :dunno: I mean, he was a PPG or close to it through December or January and this was his first year here.
I'd rather see how he plays in a full season with one head coach and without Granlund and Turris than move him before we even give him a chance.

I don't know what is wrong with the Preds. With Duchy, Forsberg, Johnasen, I would have thought they would have taken off.

I'd like Turris on the Jets. I'd make an offer of a 7th round pick, if you retain $2 million on his salary for 4 years. Saves having to pay him for 8 years, on a buyout. He's another guy that I don't know what went wrong with his promising career. Maybe it's that Tennessee whiskey?

cwede

Sep 1, 2010
I think Duchene to the Rangers.....
not for 6 more years at $8M, nope
are you proposing Preds retain?
NYR already have Bread, Trouba and Kreider contracts, Cap tightness for '20-21 with excessive dead space, numerous RFA/UFAs, then Zib will need re-signing and multiple key ELCs will run out

sorry NYR can't solve that problem for Preds
NYR more likely to look for lesser Cap Hit, B/B+ C, like a Haula

Reactions: bernmeister

Trxjw

Retired.
May 8, 2007
Land of no calls..
In this cap climate I have a hard time seeing teams rolling the dice on guys who aren't producing in a manner commensurate of their contract. Not unless they come cheap and with the exception of Turris I can't imagine Nashville goes that route.

Most shocking thing here is somehow Nashville has quietly amassed a really solid group of talent without having to dish out trade protection. That's damn impressive.

Reactions: Apocalypse Dude

voyageur

Hockey fanatic
Jul 10, 2011
not for 6 more years at $8M, nope
are you proposing Preds retain?
NYR already have Bread, Trouba and Kreider contracts, Cap tightness for '20-21 with excessive dead space, numerous RFA/UFAs, then Zib will need re-signing and multiple key ELCs will run out

sorry NYR can't solve that problem for Preds
NYR more likely to look for lesser Cap Hit, B/B+ C, like a Haula

Jeez when you have all that talent on the wing, you wouldn't want another #1 centre, because Strome and Chityl are not that.

I don't know how it would work, but you have to give the Rangers credit, I suppose, no one else would be paying $13 million in buyouts this season.

cwede

Sep 1, 2010
Jeez when you have all that talent on the wing, you wouldn't want another #1 centre, because Strome and Chityl are not that. I don't know how it would work, but you have to give the Rangers credit, I suppose, no one else would be paying $13 million in buyouts this season.

HFBoards is an impatient place, but NYR aren't targeting '20-21 to contend.
Aside from Cap concerns, they have almost a dozen key prospects this season they hope to learn alot about, that are in position to distinguish themselves.

NYR have 1-1/2 years, or more, to figure out 2C. No rush to make another big bet.

Soundgarden

Jul 22, 2008
Spring Hill, TN
Every GM calls Nashville and this is how it will go:

Other GM: "Hi, I hear Bonino might be available?"

NSH GM: "No, only Turris is available"

<click>

NSH GM: "Hello???"

I think that Bonino could definitely be had. Would give Turris a place in the line up and hopefully some stability.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
Lol the classic Duchene argument. He choose two-three months every year to play like that. Consistency (and his mentality) have been his issue throughout his entire career.

Reactions: Avs71

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->