TSN: Predators Exploring Possibilty of Moving a Center

Bringer of Jollity

Oct 20, 2011
Fontana, CA
Lol the classic Duchene argument. He choose two-three months every year to play like that. Consistency (and his mentality) have been his issue throughout his entire career.
He's right at home with Johansen, who is now skating by for the fanbase solely based on his playoff production. Looking forward to 6 years from now when Duchene flirts with PPG in his contract year though.

I cannot express enough disappointment in Poile not bringing in Daryl Sutter to kick these guys' asses.

IranCondraAffair

Mar 10, 2006
Moving them huh? Has anyone tried calling United Van Lines or something?

Seriously though, what exactly are they taking back? Not a lot of movable contracts these days.

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
In order of disappointment last season, most disappointing to least...
1. Duchene
2. Johansen
3. Turris
4. Bonino

Bonino was actually the best of them last season. Granted, it's just 1 season. But I think that kind of poor performance by the other big salaries should definitely open the door to the consideration of trading Duchene or Johansen instead, if there was any decent market for them. Turris would have outscored either of them if he had the same opportunity. But Turris has other warts (softness, basically). He isn't a player who should be bought out. And Bonino for all that he was the best last season is an impending UFA. So with all the variables, they should definitely listen on them all.

780il

edm
May 29, 2018
Edmonton AB
Lot of Preds fans are nostalgic for Neal and want to make that type of deal but I feel like bringing Neal will just exacerbate the lazy play from some of our core players (especially Johansen).
Fair enough. Even with retention that’s a really hard trade for us to consider because of the extra year on Turris.

pld459666

Feb 27, 2002
Danbury, CT
I think Duchene to the Rangers. He hasn't panned out.

Could get Strome back, and a 1st (22), and a prospect.

Duchy had a good run with Panarin in Columbus. That would load up the Rags top lines.

I get the sense with no fans, that Nashville is going to be a budget team this year, rebuild their core.

Pass on Matt D. - will be 30 in January with 6 years left. Nope.

I'd rather take the other 2nd line center in Johansen. ;), just turned 28 with 5 years left. same money, less term

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
In order of disappointment last season, most disappointing to least...
1. Duchene
2. Johansen
3. Turris
4. Bonino

Bonino was actually the best of them last season. Granted, it's just 1 season. But I think that kind of poor performance by the other big salaries should definitely open the door to the consideration of trading Duchene or Johansen instead, if there was any decent market for them. Turris would have outscored either of them if he had the same opportunity. But Turris has other warts (softness, basically). He isn't a player who should be bought out. And Bonino for all that he was the best last season is an impending UFA. So with all the variables, they should definitely listen on them all.
Eh Duchene wasn't great but just like Turris it's hard to put it all on him. He started out fine and then due to injuries Lavi started throwing stuff at the wall and never really stopped. Much like with Turris he was bounced all over the place and his linemates as well.

It wasn't a first good season, but outside of the 3rd line no one else was either. There is a reason we made a coaching change.

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
Bonino is the easiest to move.

Turris...need to retain 50%
RyJo...some retention us needed or cap hit coming back that has 3 yrs left.

herzausstein

Aug 31, 2014
West Virginia
Trade Bonino and gain 4M (that's the amount that would be gained this season with a Turris buyout)
Put Turris at 3C and see if he rebounds
If he doesn't, buy him out next offseason or see if The Kraken will take him

DesertPenguin

Apr 22, 2015
Send Bonino back to Pitt where he belongs. If we can move JJ without retention I think we can fit him.

GoldOnGold

Mar 27, 2016
Nashville, Tennessee
I don't know what is wrong with the Preds. With Duchy, Forsberg, Johnasen, I would have thought they would have taken off.

I'd like Turris on the Jets. I'd make an offer of a 7th round pick, if you retain $2 million on his salary for 4 years. Saves having to pay him for 8 years, on a buyout. He's another guy that I don't know what went wrong with his promising career. Maybe it's that Tennessee whiskey?

Deal, no takebacks.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
Any logic behind a Turris for Stralman swap?

Bonino is probably the one moved he can also be retained since he's only owed 2.4M this season. I could also see RyJo being shopped of they think Tomasino can jump into a top 6 center role in a year or 2

Was just going to say Turris for Stralman makes some sense. Nashville needs more competent depth D and Florida needs a 2C. Doesn't save Florida any cash and actually adds some as well as the two additional years so an add would be needed. I also think a Turris for Nielson deal might make sense? Detroit gets the far superior player while Nashville gets out from the last two years.

Ricky Bobby

Aug 31, 2008
Turris (6M cap hit for 4 year, real dollar total: 24M) to Detroit for a deal around Abdelkader (4.25M cap hit for 3 years, 9.5M in real dollars).

For Detroit: Turris would slot in as the # 2C right away and bridge the gap till they find someone longer term to fill the role. No quality UFA centre is choosing Detroit without a massive overpayment till they're a good team which is at least a few years away.

For Nashville: they pay a lower cap hit with 1 year less term and with Covid the real dollars make a big difference - Abdelkader had his deal front loaded unlike Turris.

Soundgarden

Jul 22, 2008
Spring Hill, TN
Turris (6M cap hit for 4 year, real dollar total: 24M) to Detroit for a deal around Abdelkader (4.25M cap hit for 3 years, 9.5M in real dollars).

For Detroit: Turris would slot in as the # 2C right away and bridge the gap till they find someone longer term to fill the role. No quality UFA centre is choosing Detroit without a massive overpayment till they're a good team which is at least a few years away.

For Nashville: they pay a lower cap hit with 1 year less and with Covid the real dollars make a big difference - Abdelkader had his deal front loaded unlike Turris.

Abdelkader had 3 points this year, Turris had 31 while in and out of the lineup. You're vastly underrating Turris, he's overpaid by 2-3 million, he's not a 13th forward.

Reactions: Guttersniped

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad