Post-Game Talk: Pre-Season GM 6: Sharks def. Canucks 2-1 (McCann)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Carl Carlson

Jan 7, 2009
No I don't think Willie told Perry all the way from Vancouver to put Prust and Dorsett out there with 2 mins left when we're losing by one.

Maybe Willie had some lines he wanted Perry to run, and specifically told him who he wanted out in key situations.

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
Like who, regular season is different than this pre-season stuff?

Let me see.....McCann for one...that was hard. But it makes too much sense, so why bother, right?

McCann only has two goals in two games...who needs his offensive talents?

Orca Smash

Feb 9, 2012
So the coaching staff never discusses what they want to do in key situations? anyways... back to the game...

Hutton good.

Or he simply was not running the bench tonight. And i doubt he handcuffed pern with all the scenarios you think he did when he left for san jose since he would not even be in the same building.

Get North

Aug 25, 2013
B.C.
Maybe Willie had some lines he wanted Perry to run, and specifically told him who he wanted out in key situations.
Cut the ********. Everyone had the same opportunity to produce in a pre-season game, McCann got even strength ice-time than Prust, Dorsett, Vey. And 4 mins of PP. Nobody is playing favourites in pre-season.

Willie is the last one to screw the team over to play his favourites. All the players love him ever since he first came. Maybe Benning, Weisbrod or Linden will try and make look Vey/Baertschi good with a lot of ice-time but not Willie. He's a players coach.

Mofletz

Aug 28, 2006
I just received a text message from Jim.

" Hutton, McCann sent done like tomorrow."

Breakers

Make Mirrored Visors Legal Again
Aug 5, 2014
Denver Colorado
Edlers Slapshot is embarrassing

It reminds me of Tim Tebow's throw........ It takes so long for both of them to wind up that anyone has more than enough time to block/intercept it.

Duncan Keith and Brent Seabrook both have great quick snappers.

4 blacked shots in the same power-play :shakehead:shakehead:shakehead

Orca Smash

Feb 9, 2012
Pretty happy with the effort from the squad tonight. Going to eventually have to beat jones though, he was by far sharks best player again against us.

Nick Lang

May 14, 2015
I think he still could be used on the PP just not him looking to shoot through screens rather Being loaded up for a clean 1T. Problem being hank is left handed though an we funnel our attack on the left side.

Yeah it's been a problem for too long. :(

Nucker101

Foundational Poster
Apr 2, 2013
Edlers Slapshot is embarrassing

It reminds me of Tim Tebow's throw........ It takes so long for both of them to wind up that anyone has more than enough time to block/intercept it.

Duncan Keith and Brent Seabrook both have great quick snappers.

4 blacked shots in the same power-play :shakehead:shakehead:shakehead
Hello, Classic. ;)

damack

Jan 3, 2014
I don't recall Biega being such an energetic player from his time here last year. He was impressive tonight.

Nick Lang

May 14, 2015
You seriously defending that move?

Let me see.....McCann for one...that was hard. But it makes too much sense, so why bother, right?

McCann only has two goals in two games...who needs his offensive talents?

I must have misread the the thread. I thought you were responding to a joke about, "why play the Prust line", and I thought the answer was, "to score", which obviously that line is not there for, so I replied, "if not them who would be the fourth line", and I tried to imply that that line will be far more valuable, and easier appreciated when the regular season starts.

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
Mckeown doesn't strike me as a benning player, but maybe a guy like Montour

CP

Thou shalt not Tank
Mar 8, 2008
LW is a problem. Sedin will be fine, but the best of the rest has been Gaunce.
Kenins doesn't look as good as last season, seems slower, starts the season in Utica I think. Sven has Masonramonditis, don't think he'll do much this season. Both have had lots of time to show something, but they haven't. Higgins looks like the only other option, which is disappointing. Daniel, Gaunce, Higgins, Prust looks to be the LW depth. Sven may get some time while Higgins recovers, but once he's back, it won't be surprising to see Sven waived.

Virtanen, McCann, and Hutton should make the team. Too bad none are natural LWers.

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
I must have misread the the thread. I thought you were responding to a joke about, "why play the Prust line", and I thought the answer was, "to score", which obviously that line is not there for, so I replied, "if not them who would be the fourth line", and I tried to imply that that line will be far more valuable, and easier appreciated when the regular season starts.

This is going to be a long season on HF, by the looks of this part of your post....

Breakers

Make Mirrored Visors Legal Again
Aug 5, 2014
Denver Colorado
Mckeown doesn't strike me as a benning player, but maybe a guy like Montour

Nice Asset Management by LA on trading Vey for a 2nd rounder

Wasn't Vey a 5th rounder? and they swap him for a 2nd once he dropped down the depth chart.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad