Status
Not open for further replies.

MrBurghundy

I may be older but I'm never forgetting #47 & #41
Oct 5, 2009
I Love Scotch
Got you...

MARINO2.gif
Is it just me or is this a stationary miniature picture for other people?

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
Have you been watching these kids play?
They are on a different level of prospect.
They are like better MP's coming into the fold where they know they can help right away but are gonna season them in the A to start.
For how long....will be seen.

Yes I've seen them.

I don't agree for one moment that they look like better MPs. Maybe they'll turn out that way but right now, based on what I've seen and what their histories are, they're not guaranteed to be better than the guy who was a top 4 dman in terms of results for us last year. Nowhere near. Pettersson played two years in the SHL and a half-season in the AHL before we got our hands on him. I like POJ and Marino a lot but this comparison doesn't begin to make sense to me. It's far too early.

The fact you're highlighting Riikola's 6 games last year should be a huge red flag that it's too early. If Marino is Riikola this year, they won't want him in the NHL.

Also, when talking callups, you've got to consider Marino's trying to get into a very solid block of dmen as a right hander - he needs injuries or bad seasons from Schultz/Gudzilla. POJ has a far easier task as a leftie but is clearly not attracting the same levels of interest from the coaches. Their handedness means they're not interchangeable.

I don’t see zombie Kunitz. ZAR isn’t visibly lazy or unable to do things he wants to, he’s just around being dull and effective enough. He doesn’t have the remaining puck skills Kunitz could still use. He’s just a very vanilla and generic player most of the time. I question his IQ. You see him being slow to react to things fairly often but the production makes me think I’ve underestimated it. He gets a lot of ugly and “lucky” goals but the puck is going in and he’s at least not passing it.

Frustrating is a good word for ZAR. He’s absolutely had games where he was great and making things happen. He just doesn’t keep it up either because of injury or not being able to. At this point I’m not sure his body can handle his best play or that he has the motor for it. I could see him doing well on another team and making the Pens looks stupid, though. He’s not waiver material because of that. You at least get a pick and if you’re lucky something like a conditional 3rd.

I feel like the end results are the same though :laugh:

You hit the nail on the head with whether his body/motor can handle his best play. I'd kinda like to find out whether it can, but if they like other players more, I'm happy getting that 3rd/4th.

Reactions: CascadiaPenguin

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
Yes I've seen them.

I don't agree for one moment that they look like better MPs. Maybe they'll turn out that way but right now, based on what I've seen and what their histories are, they're not guaranteed to be better than the guy who was a top 4 dman in terms of results for us last year. Nowhere near. Pettersson played two years in the SHL and a half-season in the AHL before we got our hands on him. I like POJ and Marino a lot but this comparison doesn't begin to make sense to me. It's far too early.

The fact you're highlighting Riikola's 6 games last year should be a huge red flag that it's too early. If Marino is Riikola this year, they won't want him in the NHL.

Also, when talking callups, you've got to consider Marino's trying to get into a very solid block of dmen as a right hander - he needs injuries or bad seasons from Schultz/Gudzilla. POJ has a far easier task as a leftie but is clearly not attracting the same levels of interest from the coaches. Their handedness means they're not interchangeable.

What i'm saying is their POTENTIAL is possibly better than MP's.

They were also developed on N.A. ice and their transition to pro will be much smoother than MP's imo.

I agree with Jiggy that peeps overrate MP around here.
Say that P-O or Marino CAN be better than him and the defense mechanisms come out in full force.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad