GDT: Pre-Season Game #3: Penguins @ Blue Jackets 2PM EST

Status
Not open for further replies.

66-30-33

Jan 24, 2006
Victoria, BC
Cool i found a replay to make the Marino GIF(yes thats NHL'er Josh Anderson(#77) he's dancing around at center:

ezgif-4-dbd76a537ede.gif

Seen the lineup for tomorrow. Lafferty and Marino are goin' again for game 4 for them.
Player that played in all 6 last season?
Juuso Riikola.

Image don't work.

I wish AJ was not injured, I really like that guys hustle and speed. Imagine inserting AJ and taking out ZAR? We don't really have room for everyone, when the cap really hits us next season I hope we start seeing some of these AHLers on the big. Jugs will be gone making room for Blue for that 3C spot and Simon can try the 4C spot? AJ full time? no idea about Lafferty or DiPauli.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
Going to be frank... as usual.

You are overrating this poor young guy and putting unfair expectations on him. Your history suggests you will turn on guys quickly when they don’t live up to your expectations, so maybe you should be more realistic about his potential.

Lol. I’d like to know what guys I turn on quickly and like I said, I’m happy with Pettersson’s current play at 3-4 mil long term.

All I’ve said is players that have player similar minutes, produced similarly and put up the same possession stats have been players that I named above.

If anyone is getting overrated here it’s you saying Marino is more talented offensively because of a few preseason games. But, I’m sure you watched Harvard the last three years too.

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
Lol. I’d like to know what guys I turn on quickly and like I said, I’m happy with Pettersson’s current play at 3-4 mil long term.

All I’ve said is players that have player similar minutes, produced similarly and put up the same possession stats have been players that I named above.

If MP has a bad season, you’ll turn on him. It’s what you do.

You do you bro.

Light up that doobie, and tell us how he disappointed you.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
If MP has a bad season, you’ll turn on him. It’s what you do.

You do you bro.

Light up that doobie, and tell us how he disappointed you.

Yeah, the person that is consistently defending Letang is going to turn on a defenseman.

Honestly, I can’t think of the last Penguins player I’ve been upset with that wasn’t JJ or Hunwick and even then it was because people tried to do exactly what you are saying and act like those contracts weren’t 100% albatrosses. I was one of the people around here defending “broken down” Maatta during the 17-18 season.

If Petts has a down season next year it actually helps us cap wise.

Last edited:

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
Rather than waxing about points, we should talk about players in terms of roles.

Petts looks like a guy who could be a defensive complement to a legit offensive defenseman in the top 4. He has some offense of his own, but I wouldn't want him to be the primary offensive defenseman on the top 2 pairings.

There's been some talk of him playing opposite Guds on the 2nd pairing next year, where he'd obviously have the bulk of the responsibility for creating. That's something to actively avoid.

I mean, he essentially was that from Dec - April given how Schultz and Letang’s injuries matched up and we were fine for it.

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
Yeah, the person that is consistently defending Letang is going to turn on a defenseman.

Honestly, I can’t think of the last Penguins player I’ve been upset with that wasn’t JJ or Hunwick and even then it was because people tried to do exactly what you are saying. I was one of the people around here defending “broken down” Maatta during the 17-18 season.

If Petts has a down season next year it actually helps us cap wise.

upload_2019-9-21_21-30-15.gif

UnrealMachine

Jul 9, 2012
Pittsburgh, USA
I like Petts a lot, but he has a bad shot and his slight build has him taking a ton of hits. It may actually be his puck handling skills that are more detrimental to him carrying the puck that his skating? If he can be a Paul Martin type that would be ideal, but he didn't even average 0:40/game of 4on5 PK for the Pens last season. He needs to be a reliable PK presence this season or we'll be stuck with Schultz or JJ having a more prominent than desired role there.

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
I mean, he essentially was that from Dec - April given how Schultz and Letang’s injuries matched up and we were fine for it.

We were fine for a playoff run without Letang too. Not something I want as the de facto 2nd pair when we're healthy.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
C’mon Cole, don’t act like you didn’t see the BS post that took a low blow dig at me. I know you are too good a mod not to have seen it.

Dude does it all the time and I have let it slide 99 out of the last 100 times, so I’m not going to pretend to feel badly for taking a dig back.

You think he’s a 40+ point guy up there with any of these guys:

2018‑2019 NHL Defensemen Scoring Leaders

I'm going to be honest. I didn't read the post of the other person because I skim to those I want to read. :laugh: And I typically stop at all of yours. You are very knowledgeable of the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad