GDT: Pre-Season game 2 Sharks @ Ducks 7pm on NHL network

sampler

Aug 3, 2018
chartier has always had a legit chance to the NHL had he not been clunked on the noggin a few too many times. He was a stud in juniors and nearly point per game in the minors, but just cant stay in the lineup. He'll also be given top 6 minutes in the cuda and has a chance to come up in time bu he needs to stay healthy.

True is a ways away, but he'll be a fun one to watch on the cuda. I wanna see the top 6 of Chartier, Gambrel, Letunov, Halb(etc), True, and then possible praplan/radil. Also should be fun to see if they have anything in Gregor or Kotkov. And, to be honest, watch out for Jonathon Martin. He is a big guy, has some experience, and I like his drive. He could make noise too.

With sorensen, balcers, goodrow, and co all gone from the cuda, they will struggle but the development will be fun to watch...

Alaskanice

Sep 23, 2009
1 1/2 hours away
Damn. I know its preseason but man .. most of the kids look good.

I made the same conclusion. These kids aren’t as bad as some on here make them out to be. There is a good amount of tenacity in their game. Forcing turnovers and continued pressure. Good signs.
Our boys fell back a couple of times then turned it on with good passes and better finishes.
It’s also great to put it to the Ducks again.
Go Sharks!

Dicdonya

Jul 21, 2011
Welp even though Merkley still needs to improve defensively, he clearly was trying much harder this game, and clearly was trying to be more physical. Considering one of the knocks on him was coachability and attitude issues, it’s positive to see him clearly trying. Hopefully he takes this experience with him to juniors and takes big steps there.

I’m also very pleased we have so many center prospects having good camps/games. My anxiety level about our 3/4 center holes is gone. I don’t know which ones will make the team, but we clearly have some kids able to fill those spots.

Reactions: Phu and Phalanx

Alwalys

Phu m.
May 19, 2010
Boy the defense looked pretty bad in this one but it was pretty much all minor leaguers. Good to see Merkley up against some real situations, he handled fairly well considering how overmatched he should be. Didn't panic too bad in some real shitshow situations. Holds that blue line offensively like a champ!

BTW did I see a starfish move from him at one point?

All of our AHL D-men look pretty rough, not very many puck skills to go around.

Nothing will ever beat Michal Handguns.

Michael Handguns!!! I almost forgot about that ...

Makoshark

Sep 19, 2018
Humboldt County
LMAO, I always see everybody here complain about the Ducks announcers when we play them; I never listened to them and so I never knew why.

They just named a Duck the star of the game in a 7-3 loss.

Now I understand.
To be fair Kase played the role of the dominant power forward today and earned that nod for top star.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad