GDT: Pre-Season game 2 Sharks @ Ducks 7pm on NHL network

Makoshark

Sep 19, 2018
Humboldt County
I'm hoping to see a good performance from the euros we brought in vying for that third line center position. I want to see Suomela stand our much like Donskoi did in his first camp.

Also looking forward to see some crazy playmaking from Merkely.

Lebanezer

I'unno? Coast Guard?
Jul 24, 2006
San Jose
This is what I don't get. You send Chekhovich back but still continue playing Merkley.
I think keeping Merkley around Karlsson, Burns and Vlasic for a little while is good for his maturation.

Why isn’t Chmelevski getting into a game? Unless he’s got a legitimate shot at the 3C in the organization’s mind, shouldn’t he get into one of these early games?

Solmors

<3 Data
May 3, 2010
San Jose
This is what I don't get. You send Chekhovich back but still continue playing Merkley.

Maybe its just to give him more time to practice and learn from Karlsson, Burns, and Vlasic? I'd agree that Chekhovich was cut too soon, I'd imagine that last game really boosted his confidence.

Edit: @Lebanezer You beat me to it by a couple seconds :laugh:

Last edited:
Reactions: Lebanezer

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City
My guess... Ivan has shown improvement but not enough to sniff NHL roster spot (especially with other competition). And his junior team could "need" him back sooner than later.

Sasha could be getting a long look as he might have the chomps to fight for roster spot. And/or it's just looking like he could use some more seasoning, but will be heading back within a week. (Or he could be nursing something/injury)

Ryan definitely getting something from playing with Vlasic, Burns, Karlsson, et al.

Reactions: Solmors

Friday

Apr 25, 2014
LA
Hopefully that 3rd line can get going. They didnt look awesome in game 1

Hobocop

ungainly and rambling
Jul 18, 2012
San Jose
Yeah, I saw that Wood was #53 so I was confused when they listed him as #65. I’m just assuming it’s a typo.

They've got both Wood and Karlsson as 65 on the Sharks website for whatever reason. Ducks probably just went off that.

Also no idea why Halbgewachs is listed as having played in two games when he wasn't even dressed for one, that's weird. (EDIT: And two points, but no goals or assists)

Last edited:

Sysreq

Apr 9, 2015
Maybe Chekhovich is part of the leadership group for his team, so they requested him back for the start of camp? But isn’t Merkley as well?

Let me put on my tinfoil hat for a second. Maybe he is a part of a future trade DW has lined up for a 3c and they were afraid of injury...

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
I would've left the #65 on Wood just for the comedy value. Have it be a test for casual fans who will get told to watch for that number but not be able to figure out why the player is so bad.

hockeyball

Nov 10, 2007
I would've left the #65 on Wood just for the comedy value. Have it be a test for casual fans who will get told to watch for that number but not be able to figure out why the player is so bad.

Have Dylan DeMelo show up at camp wearing Karlsson's jersey, Karlsson is nowhere to be found. Pete tries to convince everyone that DeMelo is really Karlsson.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad