GDT: Pre-Season game 2 Sharks @ Ducks 7pm on NHL network

SnarkAttack

Registered Loser
Jan 18, 2011
East Bay, CA
I’m assuming you’re talking about Praplan, Suomela, and Radil?

Honestly, how much credit does the Sharks scouting staff really deserve for them? Suomela and Radil both had impressive scoring rates in their most recent seasons and Praplan’s was respectable as well. All 3 of them are no brainer signings if the players are interested in signing.

I think DW deserves more credit for getting them to sign here, TBH.

I think that the scouting deserves credit for finsing the right players, and whoever convinces them the Sharks are a great place to play desreves the rest. I don't pretend to know exactly who does what

TheWayToRefJose

Oct 30, 2017
Radil has to be a lock for the team. He's looked nhl ready for sure. It would be nice to have another skilled winger for the bottom six.

Timo - Joe - Joe
Hertl - Cooch - Kane
LaBanc - Soumela/Chartier - Donskoi
Radil - Goodrow - Sorenson

That's a pretty decent forward group. Only question mark is the 3C.

I would be more comfortable if they'd split up Hertl and cooch or the Joe's to have a solid 3C, but that will never happen.
Hertl - Cooch - Kane
Timo - Jumbo - LaBanc
Donskoi - Pavs - Radil
Sorenson - Chartier/Soumela - Goodrow

Last edited:

Maladroit

May 9, 2018
Berkeley, CA
Radil has to be a lock for the team. He's looked nhl ready for sure. It would be nice to have another skilled winger for the bottom six.

Timo - Joe - Joe
Hertl - Cooch - Kane
Radil - Soumela/Chartier - Donskoi

That's a pretty decent top 9. Only question mark is the 3C.

Radil is not better than Labanc. Not even close.

Maladroit

May 9, 2018
Berkeley, CA
This is what the final roster should look like unless Gambrell really steps it up in the last four preseason games:

Kane - Thornton - Pavelski
Hertl - Couture - Labanc
Meier - Suomela - Donskoi
Sorensen - Chartier - Goodrow
Karlsson, Radil

Vlasic - Karlsson
Ryan - Burns
Dillon - Braun
Heed

Jones
Dell

TheWayToRefJose

Oct 30, 2017
This is what the final roster should look like unless Gambrell really steps it up in the last four preseason games:

Kane - Thornton - Pavelski
Hertl - Couture - Labanc
Meier - Suomela - Donskoi
Sorensen - Chartier - Goodrow
Karlsson, Radil

Vlasic - Karlsson
Ryan - Burns
Dillon - Braun
Heed

Jones
Dell
I'd prefer radil to either Sorenson or Goodrow. He looks like a very good 3W. His nhle points estimate him to be good for around 40 points a year and the eye test says that's definitely possible.

Maladroit

May 9, 2018
Berkeley, CA
I'd prefer radil to either Sorenson or Goodrow. He looks like a very good 3W. His nhle points estimate him to be good for around 40 points a year and the eye test says that's definitely possible.

I haven't been all that impressed. He's certainly a big dude with good hands but he's not a great skater and doesn't seem to have much vision or much of a shot. I'd put him on the final roster only because he's a 28-year-old KHL vet so it's not like he's going to develop any further playing for the Cuda so I'd rather send someone else like Gambrell who could actually benefit from AHL time down.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
If Radil isn't in the starting lineup, he's going to be sent down to the Barracuda. I don't think the Sharks will keep an extra beyond those who are waiver eligible.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad