Post-Game Talk: Pre-Post season Oilers 4, Flames 1

KlefDown

I adore Soli
May 2, 2014
It was an exhibition game after 138 days. Relax
yes but also no
Khaira has been a wreck nearly all season with no signs of improvement. Neal/Chia have been effective PP weapons but have been walked 5v5 all year too

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
Glad we didn’t sustain any injuries (that i know of).

McDavid looks really on. Hes not even trying and he’s dangerous.

Both our goalies look really good. Koskinen was really dialed in. Smith played really hard.

PP still looks good. If we get calls, its going to be tough for the blackhawks.

Its only preseason but I still don’t like our 5 on 5 play much. We just don’t have enough chemistry with the forward lines. If we don’t get multiple lines going, we are in tough against St. Louis, Colorado, Vegas etc.

Cassie Campbell is so awful. I am tired of watching her. I thought it was pretty appalling that she called Hamonic disappointing for opting out. Anthony Stewart also provides zero insight. I don’t consider myself sexist or racist but it just feels like Campbell and Stewart only have jobs because Sportsnet is trying to be politically correct. Its not fair to the actual women and ethnic minorities that have talent.
Cassie Campbell stinks as a colour commentator. Have no idea how she keeps her job. They can certainly do way better.

Oilhawks

Oden's Ride Over Nordland
Nov 24, 2011
If I can find one, maybe.

I’m pretty sure Pro Am Sports can hook you up with one, even if you have to order it. I mean hell, they got Gagner lettered on my 07-08 away Pyjama Jersey. Shipping might be a bit expensive though :D

CanmoreMike

Feb 27, 2002
#YEG
Meh, still an NHLer.. 2 late 2nds who knows.

Hopefully the guy picks it up next year. If not we should still net a 2nd for him.

Watch:

Detroit Red Wings will get the next Patrice Bergeron with one of them and the following year the next Shea Weber and Oilers fans will be up in arms that they gave up too much for him.
Regardless of how Athanasio plays here.

rboomercat90

Mar 24, 2013
Edmonton
Cassie Campbell stinks as a colour commentator. Have no idea how she keeps her job. They can certainly do way better.
I really don’t get why they’re using her at all. Was baffling to me to see her on that panel last night considering how many options Sportsnet has to choose from. She has no broadcasting skills that set her apart from any of her peers. She isn’t very likeable. She’s not very intelligent. She’s condescending without having anything to say. With so many on air personalities out of work due to COVID, I really don’t get how she made the cut.

Reactions: TB12 and harpoon

rboomercat90

Mar 24, 2013
Edmonton
Pretty obvious why he brought up lucic.
I know why he brought up Lucic. It was because I criticized how Neal played. The point is, who cares how Lucic is playing? Oilers fans know he’s useless. I’m concerned about how the guy that’s still playing for the Oilers is doing.

stratedge

My relationship with the Oilers is abusive.
Jul 25, 2007
Calgary, AB
I think you can remove the one that comes with the jersey, remove it, and buy one and tell them to put whatever you want on it.

I think "whatever you want" is constrained to alphanumeric characters. I think the Cree ones they produce will wind up being valuable down the road because it will be hard to reproduce, and probably in demand for Bear fans.

McBeastMode

Dec 29, 2012
Beside my neighbor..
Bettman.... We have to give this guy credit for pulling this off..
During a pandemic and the CBA negotiations, plus the fact that he didn't sell the arena seat coverings, to advertisers..

He also has a great sense of humor, and considers the booing as a sign of admiration...
When asked about the absence of booing, in the cup presentation, he said, he hopes they will add it in, to make it seem more realistic..

Chet Manley

Apr 15, 2007
Regina, SK
Bettman.... We have to give this guy credit for pulling this off..
During a pandemic and the CBA negotiations, plus the fact that he didn't sell the arena seat coverings, to advertisers..

He also has a great sense of humor, and considers the booing as a sign of admiration...
When asked about the absence of booing, in the cup presentation, he said, he hopes they will add it in, to make it seem more realistic..
Maybe the pandemic made everyone involved less of a hard ass in regards to the CBA. Hardly the right time to try to break the will of the other side when goodwill is needed from both sides to make any of these games happen.

Edit: Bettman seems like a better person when his 32 bosses let him be one.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $220.00