Post-Game Talk: Pre-Post season Oilers 4, Flames 1

NeverForget06

Here we go again !
Jan 7, 2013
Edmonton
How about PRussell’s goal though?

You boys remember how snake bitten he was? Then he gets a dirty one on No Save Dave. The guy does a lot of little things right, I think he might even get a few games these playoffs.

I think PRussell is better built for playoff hockey when things get more physical in the Western Conference (i.e. if we match up against the Blues, Knights, Stars, or Preds should we go on a run).
In my opinion PRuss, Archibald, Haas, Sheahan, Nygard bring something that we had been missing for so long on this team. Totally different from the 4th liners we used to have - Arcobello, Acton, Joensuu, Klinkhammer, Parkiarinen, Aberg, old Brodziak, old Gagner, Currie, Gambardella.

Reactions: Oilhawks and snipes

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
In my opinion PRuss, Archibald, Haas, Sheahan, Nygard bring something that we had been missing for so long on this team. Totally different from the 4th liners we used to have - Arcobello, Acton, Joensuu, Klinkhammer, Parkiarinen, Aberg, old Brodziak, old Gagner, Currie, Gambardella.

Agreed.

Especially Sheahan and Archibald. Those two have good chemistry and Sheahan is a beast on the PK. Depth isn’t really an issue as much for as it used to be in the bottom 6 after a slow start.

Aerchon

Jul 20, 2011
As silly as it is I think I would be trying this just overreacting to elements of the game.

RNH McDavid Patrick
Ennis Draisaitl Yamamoto
Kassian Sheahan Archibald
AA Kharia Chaisson

I thought Neal was ok but off a bit. Liked Patrick on the top line and hated Kassian there. AA on that last line provides some much needed speed.

TopShelfGloveSide

Dec 10, 2018
As silly as it is I think I would be trying this just overreacting to elements of the game.

RNH McDavid Patrick
Ennis Draisaitl Yamamoto
Kassian Sheahan Archibald
AA Kharia Chaisson

I thought Neal was ok but off a bit. Liked Patrick on the top line and hated Kassian there. AA on that last line provides some much needed speed.
I loved PRs game last night but scratch a 20 goal scorer for him? Top line? The guy in a regular game is a black hole offensively.

Reactions: Aerchon

Gordian Knot

Jul 3, 2016
AA McDavid Neal
RNH Draisatl HB
Ennis Sheahan Archie
Chaisson Khaira Kassian

Rotate 97 every 3rd shift onto that 4th line.

Make it happen Tip.

With flying line changes use 97 centering 4th line, if DT can make 3 lines which can score, it will be nightmare for CHI to match.

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
IMO Pakarinen was a better version of Prussell.

Same qualities, but with a much much better shot.

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
The good . Our goalies , McDavid taking it easy was still the best player and Bear .

The bad never played a complete game . I get it is a meaningless game but it seems to be a pattern with the team .

What happen to Button ? He seems to be singing the Oilers praises . Must have develop Alzheimer’s and can’t remember which team he bashed regularly

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
A little surprised to see gaudreau played 15 minutes in this game, heard his name once all game.

That because Lucic took him under his wing . Got to protect him from all the criticism after he fails to produce . Johnny will bolt from the Flames quicker then a $2.00 whore As soon as he can .

I think back and can’t help but to laugh at Flames fan saying McDavid will be cm lucky to be as good . Good times !

Homesick

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 2, 2005
Calgary
The good . Our goalies , McDavid taking it easy was still the best player and Bear .

The bad never played a complete game . I get it is a meaningless game but it seems to be a pattern with the team .

What happen to Button ? He seems to be singing the Oilers praises . Must have develop Alzheimer’s and can’t remember which team he bashed regularly
The Oilers now deserve praise whereas in the past they deserved to be bashed.
No participation medals in the NHL

Oilers in NS

Oct 11, 2017
the Blues and Avs are the class of the West, with the Knights not far behind. I don't like our chances if we pull one of those three. The Stars I think we can take.

Chicago took care of St Louis last night. I didn't watch game but it makes one wonder. We could be in tough

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
Chicago took care of St Louis last night. I didn't watch game but it makes one wonder. We could be in tough

St Louis did not show up whereas Chicago needed to play hard. I have watched all 9 games and St Louis effort and execution was by far the worst of any of the 18 teams who have played thus far, even worse than Montreal or Florida.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
St Louis did not show up whereas Chicago needed to play hard. I have watched all 9 games and St Louis effort and execution was by far the worst of any of the 18 teams who have played thus far, even worse than Montreal or Florida.
They looked like a team that was going through the motions. Lots of sloppy play in their own zone and transitioning the puck.

There were ever a few times where Binnington had people coming in on him and he was playing as if it was EA Sports. Meaning if the puck comes near the goalie the goalie has complete control of the puck. I actually had to check to see if it was EA Sports as I know they were showing EA Sports basketball games on Sportsnet in the past couple months

Reactions: 5 Mins 4 Ftg

Frank the Tank

The Godfather
Aug 15, 2005
Chicago, IL
One big question for me is will Toews be allowed to "Kesler" McDavid - pin him along the boards for 5-10 seconds after the puck leaves? interfere with him in the neutral zone so McDavid can't pick up speed and enter the attack at full speed? If so, we may be in for another frustrating display of reffing.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
One big question for me is will Toews be allowed to "Kesler" McDavid - pin him along the boards for 5-10 seconds after the puck leaves? interfere with him in the neutral zone so McDavid can't pick up speed and enter the attack at full speed? If so, we may be in for another frustrating display of reffing.

This will absolutely be happening.

I fully expect to have to replace at least one television set during this playoffs after I whing a full beer stein at it in extreme frustration.

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
of course that will be allowed. The most we can ask for is that the refs and league don't allow blatant goalie interference like Kesler and Perry on Talbot.

And btw, not to press the issue, but that one goal the Flames scored was total goalie interference, with again Nurse pushing the guy towards the goalie, and the guy (Tkachuk?) just accidentally-on-purpose tackles the goalie. It was like Kesler on Talbot all over again

But I liked that that happened just so Nurse remembers that that's a thing.

StupidGenius

Apr 1, 2013

I distinctly remember a sequence from the third against Calgary while it was still 2-1 where McDavid -completely devoid of the puck- tried to cut to the net. The Calgary defender was allowed to firmly plant an open hand into McDavid's chest and completely impede his progress for a good fifteen feet of skating.

Connor's learned that he's just going to have to deal with that stuff and I'd suggest we'd be best to do the same.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
I think the issue with trying to balance the top 6 is that no matter what happens, Chicago is going to focus hard on McDavid.
Toews and Keith will be stapled to him from the first minute. Think we should load back up Draisaitls line so they can feast on Strome or Dachs line

Todd Parchment

Apr 5, 2018
Starting to get worried about Andrew Ethanseiou. He’s done nothing so far!!!

Our tenders will carry us to the cup.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->