Post-Game Talk: Pre-Post season Oilers 4, Flames 1

94 Oil Drops

McHy is the new McDrai.
Sep 19, 2019
Alberta
Thats actually hilarious, just like Backlund and Tkachuk teaming up on a 19 year old playing his first game in NA :laugh:

I know its said around here a lot but i really can't get over how fake tough the Flames are, it's insane.

Thanks to whoever posted Nurse pounding Andersson into the ice, never gets old.
I would say that this modern Flames team is the reincarnation of the 2011 Canucks... but then I remembered that the Canucks could actually win games in the playoffs.

harpoon

Dec 23, 2005
I know why he brought up Lucic. It was because I criticized how Neal played
I didn’t think Neal was bad at all yesterday. He was physical and had some good puck possession moments. I’m not convinced about Tippet’s choices for that line. Hopefully it was just an experiment. To be honest I wasn’t a fan of any of the line combos.

Reactions: Oilhawks and Duke74

bellagiobob

Jul 27, 2006
I really don’t get why they’re using her at all. Was baffling to me to see her on that panel last night considering how many options Sportsnet has to choose from. She has no broadcasting skills that set her apart from any of her peers. She isn’t very likeable. She’s not very intelligent. She’s condescending without having anything to say. With so many on air personalities out of work due to COVID, I really don’t get how she made the cut.

Two reasons, and we all know what they are.

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
I know why he brought up Lucic. It was because I criticized how Neal played. The point is, who cares how Lucic is playing? Oilers fans know he’s useless. I’m concerned about how the guy that’s still playing for the Oilers is doing.
Neal looked fine last night. His line not so much.
Neal has the jump like he had at the start of the season. If anything we should be moving up to the top line with McD and Kassian or even replacing Kassian.

Reactions: Duke74

29Beast97Mode

Jul 25, 2020
Vancouver
hfboards.mandatory.com
Screenshot_20200729-193314_Samsung Internet.jpg

Feels good after being so bad for so long

StupidGenius

Apr 1, 2013
God I wish we play the Flames in the postseason.

If all four of St. Louis, Colorado, Dallas and Vegas manage to lose in the first round, we'd draw Calgary in the second round (assume both teams win the qualifiers and the first round). Otherwise it'll have to be the Western Conference finals.

Homesick

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 2, 2005
Calgary
I really don’t get why they’re using her at all. Was baffling to me to see her on that panel last night considering how many options Sportsnet has to choose from. She has no broadcasting skills that set her apart from any of her peers. She isn’t very likeable. She’s not very intelligent. She’s condescending without having anything to say. With so many on air personalities out of work due to COVID, I really don’t get how she made the cut.
Bring back Kypreos

BigFuzzyDice

the giant Kane in your azz
Jul 8, 2016
If all four of St. Louis, Colorado, Dallas and Vegas manage to lose in the first round, we'd draw Calgary in the second round (assume both teams win the qualifiers and the first round). Otherwise it'll have to be the Western Conference finals.

Your math is bad. The only way edmonton gets a Calgary matchup its first round next year. The flames never play more than 5 playoff games per season so all the mights n maybe are meaningless. .

rboomercat90

Mar 24, 2013
Edmonton
I didn’t think Neal was bad at all yesterday. He was physical and had some good puck possession moments. I’m not convinced about Tippet’s choices for that line. Hopefully it was just an experiment. To be honest I wasn’t a fan of any of the line combos.
I thought he was in the way of his line mates a lot last night. To me, that suggested he was out of position or just lost out there. I’ll concede it may not have been all his fault.

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
How about PRussell’s goal though?

You boys remember how snake bitten he was? Then he gets a dirty one on No Save Dave. The guy does a lot of little things right, I think he might even get a few games these playoffs.

I think PRussell is better built for playoff hockey when things get more physical in the Western Conference (i.e. if we match up against the Blues, Knights, Stars, or Preds should we go on a run).

oilexport

Aug 29, 2010
AA sucks. He's better then what we have seen in Edmonton. No wonder Stevie traded him.

McDrai

Mar 29, 2009
AA sucks. He's better then what we have seen in Edmonton. No wonder Stevie traded him.

I was hoping he would have fit in alongside McDavid but that didn't really work out. Hopefully he can find his mojo in the bottom 6.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad