WJC: Pre-Game Talk • CAN/RUS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sentinel

May 26, 2009
New Jersey
www.vvinenglish.com
It's funny how Canadians accuse Swedes of being arrogant. There is nobody as arrogant as Canadians when it comes to hockey. Swedish players are usually models of humbleness and modesty. Lidstrom vs. Pronger. /discussion

Stats01

Jul 12, 2009
Toronto
Remind us all again what position you play for Team Canada.

Since Jaden Schwartz is out, I have two words for ya.

Go.

Russia.

We as in Canada. Me being Canadian, we as a team. As fans we play a huge part in giving Canadian momentum during games. It's quite obvious when you look into the stands. What the heck do you want me to say.. they? I may not play a position on the team but we as fans are the 6th man for Canada ;)

CarlWinslow

@hiphopsicles
Jan 25, 2010
Winnipeg
It's funny how Canadians accuse Swedes of being arrogant. There is nobody as arrogant as Canadians when it comes to hockey. Swedish players are usually models of humbleness and modesty. Lidstrom vs. Pronger. /discussion

Yep. One Swede vs. one idiotic player that many Canadians hate ends the discussion for this guy.

What an analysis... :handclap:

MOGiLNY

Jul 7, 2003
Toronto
Visit site
Probably something pretty insignificant as only Nemeth (if I'm correct?) got a bit angry. I'm guessing it's a misunderstanding, like a russian pointed at one of his teammates and Nemeth thought he pointed and laughed at him..

Only thing I can think of is Golubevs celebration after the shootout goal but I don't think he meant anything by it..

HTFN

Feb 8, 2009
i'm a sens fan, but i'm still not convinced that was as intentional as it was made out to be.

I always thought it was deflected, but I haven't seen the replay in years.

Canada fans, how have you felt about Eakin throughout the tourney?

lopper

Oct 22, 2006
AB
Canada vs Russia should be a real barn burner of a game. Russia riding the emotional high of their two come back wins will need to score first to quiet the crowd and build some momentum to have a chance. Hoping for a real shootout.

Canada 6 Russia 5

Hope the USA crushes Sweden for Bronze.

danishh

Dec 9, 2006
YOW
well, there is ~12hs left and all i can say is that canada remains the favorites. This game will come down to grit and will, and canada is far ahead any country in those categories.

hammerwielder

Jan 6, 2008
Canada
Probably the worst post ive read on HF in three years. It reaks of misinformation, lies and arrogance.

Anyway, i expect Canada to win. I don't care about the bronze game. USA will probably come out on top.

What lies? If you are going to call me a liar, you had better back it up.

paradeofwolves

Jun 30, 2010
Toronto
This whole thread, man. :facepalm:

Anyway, I don't expect an easy win for Canada. Russians will make it difficult, but I think Canada can take it. I'd like for the US to take the bronze, but I feel Sweden will probably win.

Alessandro Seren Rosso

Jun 21, 2004
Europe
thehockeywriters.com
well, there is ~12hs left and all i can say is that canada remains the favorites. This game will come down to grit and will, and canada is far ahead any country in those categories.

While Canada is definitely the team to beat, I don't agree. Yeah it comes down to will, but grit? If we are 3-3 and Kuznetsov dekes past half of Canadian defense and scores like he did with Finland, then skills might decide a game too.
However, Canada is the team to beat, but this doesn't mean that the game starts with Canada up by 5 goals by default like some posters keep on saying.

lakai17

Aug 10, 2006
While Canada is definitely the team to beat, I don't agree. Yeah it comes down to will, but grit? If we are 3-3 and Kuznetsov dekes past half of Canadian defense and scores like he did with Finland, then skills might decide a game too.
However, Canada is the team to beat, but this doesn't mean that the game starts with Canada up by 5 goals by default like some posters keep on saying.

Its going to be a great game, Im Canadian and I know the Russians can never be underestimated plus they usually start slow in tournaments then are pure fire til the end. I'm hoping this one gets nastier than the States game.

Davebo*

Something a Russian coach told me after watching a game once- "Sometimes, it's not how the team plays, its how the other team lets them play..."

I highly doubt after watching this Russian team, that they will let the Canadians walk all over them. Whether its physically, psychologically or otherwise.

I do like all the Canadians underestimating the Russians- they thrive on being underdogs and surprising. Keep up the talk - Canada 5 - 0 Russia! It worked out great for Finland, Sweden

We're not Finland or Sweden, however, as you well know. ;) Kudos to Russia for coming back and doing well at this tournament. :)

Pyke*

Russians have probably the best offence in this tourney

Errr, by what metric? Canada has scored 9 more goals by my count (10 if you take away the SO goal for Russia in the Semis). Canada also has more players in the top scorers list.

CaptPantalones

Oct 8, 2006
Buffalo, NY
Should I list other Swedish players vs. Canadian? Alfredsson? Sundin? Forsberg? Zetterberg? All -- real classy athletes. I can only name two Canadian players that would be on that level of classiness: Yzerman and Sakic. I think, all in all, Swedes are a dozen notches above average Canadian players. Let alone Canadian fans.

youve obviously never met Yzerman lol

Sentinel

May 26, 2009
New Jersey
www.vvinenglish.com
Probably the worst post ive read on HF in three years. It reaks of misinformation, lies and arrogance.

+1. Can't believe somebody wrote something like that. I haven't seen Swedish players complain to the ref as frequently as Crosby either.

Again, even though I'm far from being a Sweden fan (Russia and, to lesser degree, US here), but IMO Swedish players as a whole have much more class than Canadian. Other than Ulf Samuelsson, name me any Swedish player who would be like Avery, Tucker, Marchment, Fleury, etc.

Le Golie

Jul 4, 2002
Russians have probably the best offence in this tourney

How anyone could think that is puzzling. Despite the media reports and misguided stereotypes associated with each nation, Canada is better offensively and more skilled than Russia.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad