WJC: Pre-Game Talk • CAN/RUS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Novak Djokovic

#24 and counting... #GOAT
Dec 10, 2006
Russian speed from the outside is DANGEROUS. Look for the Canadians to physically target Tarasenko and Kuznetsov. (i.e. Ovechkin 05, Malkin in 06)

Jesus Christ Horburn

Aug 22, 2008
Russians matched Canada every step of the way in the Boxing day opener. Now they're on an emotional high after coming back to beat Finland and winning a shootout against Sweden.

I think this will be the nail-biter that we all expected CAN-USA to be.

VOB

Feb 27, 2002
Michigan
Visit site
Russians matched Canada every step of the way in the Boxing day opener. Now they're on an emotional high after coming back to beat Finland and winning a shootout against Sweden.

I think this will be the nail-biter that we all expected CAN-USA to be.

For sure, coupled with the fact that Russia also has some big bodies that love to play physical as well.....this one should go right down to the wire.

Humphrey*

wouldn't be surprised if Canada has a letdown after their big win today. I'm just hoping for a good gold medal game.

Klaus

Teemu!
May 8, 2010
Winnipeg, MB
Can't wait for this. I hope Canada takes it.

Hopefully the US gets it done against the Swedes.

Last edited:

HuGo Sham

MR. CLEAN-up ©Runner77
Apr 7, 2010
Montreal
canada won't have a let down playing essentially a home game...canada get's up for its games with russia. will be an interesting contrast of styles. Russia's resiliency impressed me vs. the Swedes - and the finns

TimeZone

Make the pick
Sep 15, 2008
Lost
People still aren't giving the Russians enough credit. They completely won me over earlier today....they're such a talented team and anyone saying Canada is going to "destroy the Russians" is in for a real surprise..

FanHabtic*

As a Canadian i am cheering for the US to win bronze. The Swedes can't shut up after a win and are even more mouthy after a loss. I hope the US shuts them up once and for all.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
I don't know, Canada are definitely the favourites, but I have a feeling that Russia will win this one.

Could care less if US wins a medal or not, they don't deserve it after they played tonight.

Jesus Christ Horburn

Aug 22, 2008
After the way the Russians came back in dramatic fashion to win the last two games, they have to feel like they can conquer any obstacle.

They have to feel invincible.

Nakawick

Minty Fresh
Apr 5, 2010
The Range
Canada vs Russia is going to be a good game. Russia is showing it is motivated. Canada should be able to get it up again in 2 days.

I think the US vs Sweden will be an interesting game. That could certainly boil down to who wants it more. It should be a fast paced game. I think the crowd will thank our hosts by supporting the home team. It will be a nice feeling for the team USA kids to have a full building cheering them on with the USA chant.

dmacgreg37

Dec 11, 2007
British Columbia
As a Canadian i am cheering for the US to win bronze. The Swedes can't shut up after a win and are even more mouthy after a loss. I hope the US shuts them up once and for all.

Yup. I can not remember cheering for a Russian or American team in International Hockey other than when they played each other, or when it affected Canada's chances for anything. I was really cheering hard for Russia today and may find myself doing the same for the US on Wednesday.

Prior to the last few WJHC, I have always supported the Swedes 2nd most behind Canada (as a Canucks fan, we have had a LOT of them over the years), but that is changing quickly.

I also feel pretty bad for the American kids just in terms of it probably being a huge letdown to go into their games after knowing they were hosting and having huge Canadian crowds (more Canada colors at any US game than American). A lot of US teams have been "favorites" or close to over the past 6 or 7 years and have just self-destructed, but this is the first time I've actually felt a little bit bad for them as they just weren't good from the beginning in terms of what they showed. They also didn't come across as the cocky, we're the best kind of kids that the Kessel/Johnsons/Mueller teams seemed to be.

ronnyweed

Aug 7, 2008
Ontario
People still aren't giving the Russians enough credit. They completely won me over earlier today....they're such a talented team and anyone saying Canada is going to "destroy the Russians" is in for a real surprise..

did you watch the canada-russia game? they arent going out on a limb, it was last week

CarlWinslow

@hiphopsicles
Jan 25, 2010
Winnipeg
I'm cheering for the US to win bronze too. If you listen to the Swedes the game should probably not even be played because they will get screwed by the refs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad