GDT: Powerstance Goes Bird Watching - Oilers @ Ducks 8:00 pm MST

Status
Not open for further replies.

TB12

Apr 5, 2015
Going to echo the sentiments of others saying I hope they win tonight, otherwise the reaction in here will be biblical. 3 new Fire Holland/Woody threads, sarcastic likes, shames fans showing their ugly faces, McDavid wants out threads started, trade Drai threads.....human sacrifice, dogs and cats living together, MASS HYSTERIA.

Ibanez

Dec 1, 2014
Lose tonight and you might as well just delete HFOil
New section at least. Tagged “Loilers”

Going to echo the sentiments of others saying I hope they win tonight, otherwise the reaction in here will be biblical. 3 new Fire Holland/Woody threads, sarcastic likes, shames fans showing their ugly faces, McDavid wants out threads started, trade Drai threads.....human sacrifice, dogs and cats living together, MASS HYSTERIA.
Bill Murray approves of this message

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Not sure if you caught my recent "reaction here is biblical" comment. But yeah.

I expect the Oilers to win,

because this is the Oilers thing,

When fans are most blue,

saying the piper is due,

Everything is reborn anew.

fin

ps Watch what happens to comments here if the Oilers even put a couple wins together.

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
Don't even think that. Its already hard to be on hear after a loss. Twice to the Ducks would be anything but entertaining.
I want to see the world burn Fourier ;)

It was more tongue-in-cheek. I always want the Oilers to win of course but can you imagine this place if they lose to Eakins for a 2nd time which spirals them even closer to .500 as Holland continues to twiddle his thumbs in the pressbox? Oof, it's going to be armageddon HFOil style and in a sadistic way, would be entertaining. We're going to need to be here for each other tonight and tomorrow if they lose tonight so....hold on to your butts everybody, could be a crazy ride the next 24 hours if they lose.

Yep haha. Pretty much

Last edited:
Reactions: TB12

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
BE CAREFUL, I JUST GOT WARNING FOR MAKING A JOKING COMMENT ABOUT SOMETHING BARE.
1673469368483.png

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
What bugs me about this team is that they embarrass Nashville at home and you just KNOW that Nash will bring it to the Oil next game. Pride and all that…and they did.

But can anyone confidently say that the Oilers will come out swinging tonight with a chip on their shoulder after getting beat by the Ducks at home last time they played? I certainly can’t. And that bothers me.
I think Drai could go duck hunting. There is that.

Reactions: TB12 and Oilhawks

Fourier

Dec 29, 2006
Waterloo Ontario
Good luck tonight Oilers. I’m extremely excited to see McDavid finally. I’ll be at the game tonight.

I’ve seen Crosby, Ovechkin, and finally Mcdavid. Super stoked for this game. It’s not every day you get to watch a generational talent.

What a treat for us Californians attending the game. I’m excited!

Seeing him in person is something else especially if you are close to ice level. When I go to games in Edmonton now I always sit in the lower bowl just to watch McDavid. It's not just his skill but how incredibly fast he is. I first saw him when he was 16 from a few rows off of ice level. I had never seen any junior player move like that.

I was a season ticket holder in the 80's with the Oilers and watched Gretzky and Coffey at the height of their games. As amazing as they were McDavid is on another level in terms of dynamics when he gets flying. It's just unreal. Watch his hands in warm-ups if you get a chance. It's really fascinating. Never seen a player like him. People say Bure who I also saw live on multiple occasions, but to me McDavid does things that Bure could not do.

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
Not sure if you caught my recent "reaction here is biblical" comment. But yeah.

I expect the Oilers to win,

because this is the Oilers thing,

When fans are most blue,

saying the piper is due,

Everything is reborn anew.

fin

ps Watch what happens to comments here if the Oilers even put a couple wins together.
I think they win these next 2 and nearly everyone will settle down. And then they'll shit the bed at home for the following pair. So very Oilers.

Rengorlex

Aug 25, 2021
I think they win these next 2 and nearly everyone will settle down. And then they'll shit the bed at home for the following pair. So very Oilers.
Agreed, though I have a bad feeling they may already lose against Sharks.

KlefDown

I adore Soli
May 2, 2014
yeah because that is SO MUCH WORSE than false optimism crowd who are content with being stuck in eternal mediocrity while we watch our two generational talents get run down into the ground with no support putting up another futile 100 point seasons in their primes preaching patience to the rest of the fan base who want action

JlindiesANA

Dec 15, 2022
Seeing him in person is something else especially if you are close to ice level. When I go to games in Edmonton now I always sit in the lower bowl just to watch McDavid. It's not just his skill but how incredibly fast he is. I first saw him when he was 16 from a few rows off of ice level. I had never seen any junior player move like that.

I was a season ticket holder in the 80's with the Oilers and watched Gretzky and Coffey at the height of their games. As amazing as they were McDavid is on another level in terms of dynamics when he gets flying. It's just unreal. Watch his hands in warm-ups if you get a chance. It's really fascinating. Never seen a player like him. People say Bure who I also saw live on multiple occasions, but to me McDavid does things that Bure could not do.

Tickets are very expensive. Everyone wants to see McDavid. It’s like Gretzky came to town. Luckily I got a ticket for 15 bucks from a friend.

I wouldn’t miss this opportunity if my life depended on it. I’m in the 400s nose bleeds. But I don’t care. I want to see the generational talent with my own two eyes.
😂

And that’s before my time. I only got to see Gretzky on the television. Never had a chance to see em in person. And Coffey is before my time as well. I still have his stick blades when I played hockey myself. Guys a legend.

But anyways, us Anaheim fans is in for a treat tonight. Everyone can’t stop talking about McDavid in Anaheim tonight on social media hehehe

Last edited:

Fourier

Dec 29, 2006
Waterloo Ontario
Tickets are very expensive. Everyone wants to see McDavid. It’s like Gretzky came to town. Luckily I got a ticket for 15 bucks from a friend.

I wouldn’t miss this opportunity if my life depended on it. I’m in the 400s nose bleeds. But I don’t care. I want to see the generational talent with my own two eyes.
😂

And that’s before my time. I only got to see Gretzky on the television. Never had a chance to see em in person. And Coffey is before my time as well. I still have his stick blades when I played hockey myself. Guys a legend.

But anyways, us Anaheim fans is in for a treat tonight. Everyone can’t stop talking about McDavid in Anaheim tonight on social media hehehe
I hope he puts on a show for you!!! Enjoy the game.

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
We lose tonight? I will be taking a break from the board fir awhile. It will be a shit show

JlindiesANA

Dec 15, 2022
I hope he puts on a show for you!!! Enjoy the game.

Oh I definitely will. I have about 15 friends going with me spread all over in the 400 section.

I just hope Anaheim doesn’t freeze up in shock. I remember when Ovechkin just broke into the NHL? And our goalie J.S Giguere was shocked at who was on the ice. And he left in some softies. Never forget that game at Arrowhead Pond.

I was there for that one 🤣

Reactions: Ginger Papa

bone

5-14-6-1
Jun 24, 2003
Edmonton
Visit site
I'm expecting the Ducks to start their ECHL backup goalie and he then proceeds to look like Hasek tonight and then never plays in the NHL again.
Makes sense, but they won't be. Expect Stolarz, he of 1 quality start in 8 attempts this year, and him getting his second. Campbell lets in 6.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad