It can't be done
It can't be done (done) no more!
It can't be done
It can't be done
It can't be done
It can't be done
It can't be done
It can't be done (done) no more!

Hey, who doesn't like bare naked ladies? I wrote these lyrics while listening to the Kings game on the radio Monday night and realized it would be fun to use them as content for a GDT. Enjoy boys and girls! If things start looking ugly in this one, guess I’ll turn on Netflix and watch anime.

bone

5-14-6-1
Jun 24, 2003
Edmonton
Visit site
Teams playing Anaheim this year have gone 29-4-8 earning 66 of an available 82 points (.804). 2 of the lost 16 points were from a rare Anaheim regulation win in Edmonton in December, something that has only happened once since that game (9 games played). Only 4 times in 41 games has team come out of a game vs. Anaheim without any point, Edmonton was one of those 4 times.

Anything less than 2 points is a fireable offense tonight.

Last edited:

Oilers333

Jul 8, 2022
Ducks are playing much better now. When we lost to them earlier we were only their 2nd regulation win 28 games in. There is no such thing as a gimme game for this team.

bone

5-14-6-1
Jun 24, 2003
Edmonton
Visit site
Ducks are playing much better now. When we lost to them earlier we were only their 2nd regulation win 28 games in. There is no such thing as a gimme game for this team.
1 regulation win in 9 games since they beat us. Opposition has earned 14 of 18 available points over that stretch (6-1-2) outscoring them 34-17.

No, they aren't much better. I don't care how they win (regulation or OT), but Edmonton better win.

fuswald

I'd Be Fired
Dec 10, 2008
Edmonton
Loose this one and we will be should be sellers.

I don't blame management. This team on paper is bettercthan last year.
Too many sophomore slumps and regression of Puljujarvi Yamamoto Foegele
Holloway is looking good so there is that.

Points a bit to coaching but players have regressed (except top 4 forwards)

Team gave away way too many winnable points this year.

Maybe we need a team meeting

TB12

Apr 5, 2015
What bugs me about this team is that they embarrass Nashville at home and you just KNOW that Nash will bring it to the Oil next game. Pride and all that…and they did.

But can anyone confidently say that the Oilers will come out swinging tonight with a chip on their shoulder after getting beat by the Ducks at home last time they played? I certainly can’t. And that bothers me.

bone

5-14-6-1
Jun 24, 2003
Edmonton
Visit site
Over the next 12 games, Edmonton only has 3 games vs. teams currently in a playoff spot and all 10 games vs. non-playoff teams are vs. teams currently in the bottom 10 for the entire league. So far this season, Edmonton is 5-2 vs. the bottom 10 teams (started off winning the first 5 but have lost the last 2).

This is where they need to make a run where they pull out 17-20 points in 12 games if they want to have a reasonable shot at playoffs.

Who thinks they'll do it?

Reactions: Ginger Papa

bone

5-14-6-1
Jun 24, 2003
Edmonton
Visit site
What bugs me about this team is that they embarrass Nashville at home and you just KNOW that Nash will bring it to the Oil next game. Pride and all that…and they did.

But can anyone confidently say that the Oilers will come out swinging tonight with a chip on their shoulder after getting beat by the Ducks at home last time they played? I certainly can’t. And that bothers me.

To be fair, Edmonton had embarrassed Nashville pretty much 8 straight games, so it should be no surprise they put their all into that game.

As for the second paragraph, I actually think they will, but less because of the Anaheim game but moreso because of losing 2 in a row, and that LA game showed signs of the team finally being pissed off about it, throwing borderline hits and fighting.

CookiesAndMilk

Generational Backhand Pass
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2016
Kyoto
Over the next 12 games, Edmonton only has 3 games vs. teams currently in a playoff spot and all 10 games vs. non-playoff teams are vs. teams currently in the bottom 10 for the entire league. So far this season, Edmonton is 5-2 vs. the bottom 10 teams (started off winning the first 5 but have lost the last 2).

This is where they need to make a run where they pull out 17-20 points in 12 games if they want to have a reasonable shot at playoffs.

Who thinks they'll do it?
Heart says "Yes they can do it", head says "Lol f*** nah".

Reactions: Biltmore

K1984

Feb 7, 2008

I definitely can't and its the biggest problem with this team IMO. Even bigger than the personnel and defensive issues.

If this team came out and brought it every night, but couldn't win due to a roster deficiency (think 05-06 Oilers) I could honestly live with that. Wouldn't be happy, but its easier to digest. This group is just a bunch of mopey p***yes that can't seem to motivate themselves or feel any shame or embarrassment whatsoever. They do the "players only" charade which paid dividends for one game before they go right back to shifting into neutral.

There are major personnel problems on defense, there is no doubt about that. However, if this team brought their A effort every night we would still be comfortably in the playoffs and looking to add pieces to put us over the top. We just don't though. It's a B or C effort most nights. Even when A effort comes out now and again, it's usually only for about half the game at best before they get comfortable and lazy again and go back to a C game. Being able to bring a consistent effort and work hard is the #1 biggest problem with this team and I have no idea at all how to fix it.

Watching games around the league we have possibly the worst work rate in the NHL, talent aside. Its embarrassing.

KlefDown

I adore Soli
May 2, 2014
at this point Oilers losing tonight will benefit to Oilers future success more than if Oilers win

therefore I hope Oilers lose

Behind Enemy Lines

Feb 19, 2003
Vancouver
I'm not going to hope for miracles on the work rate side. Though after the clowning by LA this team has to come out fired up with urgency ... don't they?

I'm most interested in seeing Desharnais play and the culmination of his years and years of hard miles to reach this apex level of competition. Having a support guy with a high motor who hasn't cheated any corners to get there and who plays a heavy, grinding style can't hurt. Maybe that positive energy can rub off if he plays and gets minutes. His interviews have been pretty awesome to watch. Who can't but cheer for someone that's worked tirelessly to achieve their life's dream.

How or if that translates to NHL level play remains to be seen. But having a high character, high work rate call-up is well timed for a team that slips into poor effort and sleepwalking too frequently.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad