GDT: Powerstance Goes Bird Watching - Oilers @ Ducks 8:00 pm MST

Status
Not open for further replies.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
I definitely can't and its the biggest problem with this team IMO. Even bigger than the personnel and defensive issues.

If this team came out and brought it every night, but couldn't win due to a roster deficiency (think 05-06 Oilers) I could honestly live with that. Wouldn't be happy, but its easier to digest. This group is just a bunch of mopey p***yes that can't seem to motivate themselves or feel any shame or embarrassment whatsoever. They do the "players only" charade which paid dividends for one game before they go right back to shifting into neutral.

There are major personnel problems on defense, there is no doubt about that. However, if this team brought their A effort every night we would still be comfortably in the playoffs and looking to add pieces to put us over the top. We just don't though. It's a B or C effort most nights. Even when A effort comes out now and again, it's usually only for about half the game at best before they get comfortable and lazy again and go back to a C game. Being able to bring a consistent effort and work hard is the #1 biggest problem with this team and I have no idea at all how to fix it.

Watching games around the league we have possibly the worst work rate in the NHL, talent aside. Its embarrassing.

It really defines how poorly the Oilers are playing this season when you literally cannot predict the effort and impact the team will have on any given night regardless of the circumstances.

I would not be surprised if the Oilers won the game 6-2 or lost the game 6-2 - and against literally any opponent.

How bad is that.

Harry Curry

Oct 10, 2022
imagine if we lose again to the Ducks lol

The same thing that happened the first time we lost to the Ducks most likely.

Woody will mumble something about liking the effort but not the results.

Holland will remain patient and continue to hope the solution is in the room.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
Oilers will definitely win big tonight to encourage the continuation of not solving any of the obvious issues.

Time is a flat circle.
Please no. Then I have to see all the Reddit fans being all cocky and “see how great we are, and people want to trade for help”

Reactions: Jimmi McJenkins

Rengorlex

Aug 25, 2021
Please no. Then I have to see all the Reddit fans being all cocky and “see how great we are, and people want to trade for help”
Would prefer thinking exactly the opposite. "We got to the WCF off historic performance on McDavid's back, we should go all-in to give him the run support to win now!"

KlefDown

I adore Soli
May 2, 2014
If they don't figure it out pretty soon say goodbye to McDavid and Draisiatl. They've carried this team long enough. How does that help our future?
because then we can start another rebuild while dumping every useless cretin plaguing this team making big money and doing nothing

we love rebuilds so much we'd rather be stuck in a rebuild with two generational players 8 years in so its not like it will be any different without them

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
In a way, for entertainment purposes, I kind of hope to see the Oilers lose to Eakins again just to see this place implode. I mean, imagine ???
I'm sure we'll see more McDavid faces like my avatar if that happened.

Forgot About Drai

Dr Drai the Second
Jul 10, 2009
Edmonton
How hot of a seat is Woody on if they lose tonight?

I wouldnt agree w/ a firing but I dont see Holland firing himself so hes an easy scapegoat

JlindiesANA

Dec 15, 2022
Good luck tonight Oilers. I’m extremely excited to see McDavid finally. I’ll be at the game tonight.

I’ve seen Crosby, Ovechkin, and finally Mcdavid. Super stoked for this game. It’s not every day you get to watch a generational talent.

What a treat for us Californians attending the game. I’m excited!

Fourier

Dec 29, 2006
Waterloo Ontario
In a way, for entertainment purposes, I kind of hope to see the Oilers lose to Eakins again just to see this place implode. I mean, imagine ???
Don't even think that. Its already hard to be on hear after a loss. Twice to the Ducks would be anything but entertaining.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Weird - I Googled “bare naked ladies” and I did NOT get images of a Canadian rock and roll band.
They predicted the internet for hits and it didn't even work..

Really?

Last edited:
Reactions: 5 Mins 4 Ftg
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad