Speculation: Power Speculation: Hextall/Burke's first move in PIT?

Michael HOMERUNing

Feb 24, 2019
Y’all realize Hexy is GM and in charge of the roster right. He neutered the broad street bullies, no way is he going to start trading for truculence even with Burkie ahead of him.

In fact Tanev being the first traded for cap space wouldn’t be the most surprising thing to happen.
Burke will be the one making the major decisions and laying out the plan. Hextall's job would be to execute it. And I doubt Burke will be looking to rebuild

Reactions: skinnyFAT91

glenbuis

Sep 17, 2012
Start of the rebuild.

Malkin is a goner. Sid is a lifer.
This was my thinking to . They haven’t got much to look forward to for a while . Get whatever you can for malkin now . It wouldn’t be a player / contract that I would want because of his age/ decline but maybe some gm might . Kind of a brutal situation for hextall to be taking over in . Not much left in prospects and he can’t liquidate the vets . What exactly is the purpose of Burke ? Must be tight with Lemieux or something . It’s like Burke asked him for a job and Lemieux said the only thing I got is president. Does he get paid much for that I wonder ?

CrosbyMalkin

Aug 7, 2005
kinda funny as you kept telling us Matheson’s production (lack thereof) is expected as an offensive guy and he’ll be fine on the Pens. We allllll told ya!

Yes, because we know this by the whole 3 games he has played so far. So people are such.:help:

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
kinda funny as you kept telling us Matheson’s production (lack thereof) is expected as an offensive guy and he’ll be fine on the Pens. We allllll told ya!

I think the bigger issue is POJ has become NHL ready much quicker than expected so moving out Matheson, Dumoulin or Pettersson makes the most sense now from a cap stand point.

Dumo and Petts are defensive guys so Matheson is the odd duck especially since the contract sucks balls which I did admit.

Reactions: Flyer lurker

Laus723

Paradise hockey
Sponsor
Jan 27, 2006
Wellington, FL
I think the bigger issue is POJ has become NHL ready much quicker than expected so moving out Matheson, Dumoulin or Pettersson makes the most sense now from a cap stand point.

Dumo and Petts are defensive guys so Matheson is the odd duck especially since the contract sucks balls which I did admit.

Sure, but you also said you didn’t think he’d be a problem. I’m actually not trying to be an ass, Matheson is terrible.

Yes, because we know this by the whole 3 games he has played so far. So people are such.:help:

we know this because we’ve watched him for years.

CrosbyMalkin

Aug 7, 2005
Sure, but you also said you didn’t think he’d be a problem. I’m actually not trying to be an ass, Matheson is terrible.

Some people don't need to try it just comes natural.:nod:

Also your point against him was that he said Matheson would do better in our system and you are busting on him saying that after Matheson only playing 3 games.:help:

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA

I don’t think he has been a problem.

Mike Matheson - Summary - Natural Stat Trick

He has seen a slight uptick in his analytics so far.

That being said, I’m down to move Dumo or Pettersson over Matheson if we get a solid package.

I think Lucic and Bennett for Matheson is fair fun Lucic costs the same as Matheson though. Lucic is a decent enough bottom sixer and we could probably pay Seattle to take him given his contract.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom

What would it take to do something like Matheson and Dumoulin for Vlasic and something? You could open up the spot and clear cap space.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
What would it take to do something like Matheson and Dumoulin for Vlasic and something? You could open up the spot and clear cap space.

Way too much. The reason we’d be moving Matheson, Dumo, or Petts would be to relieve our LD and cap.

Right now we have Dumo, Pets, Matheson, Riikola and now POJ who are legitimate NHLers on LD.

And POJ is basically what Marino was for us last year so far.

Reactions: FunkySeeFunkyDo

Laus723

Paradise hockey
Sponsor
Jan 27, 2006
Wellington, FL

That being said, I’m down to move Dumo or Pettersson over Matheson if we get a solid package.

I think Lucic and Bennett for Matheson is fair fun Lucic costs the same as Matheson though. Lucic is a decent enough bottom sixer and we could probably pay Seattle to take him given his contract.

Funny, we were all down with taking Lucic should Calgary be open to it, Math has a much longer contract.

Some people don't need to try it just comes natural.:nod:

Also your point against him was that he said Matheson would do better in our system and you are busting on him saying that after Matheson only playing 3 games.:help:

you’re proving that with your posts, lol. Most of your fan base has trashed him already, and saying the same things we all said. He and I are being pretty civil, you on the other hand...

CrosbyMalkin

Aug 7, 2005

I don't want Lucic anywhere near the Pens. Be literally is the worst contract in hockey and skates in cement. I am certainly not ready to give up on Matheson who is 26 and is one of the fastest skating defensman in the league.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
Funny, we were all down with taking Lucic should Calgary be open to it, Math has a much longer contract.

you’re proving that with your posts, lol. Most of your fan base has trashed him already, and saying the same things we all said. He and I are being pretty civil, you on the other hand...

I think the incentive here was Bennett + Lucic. I don’t think I’d do Matheson straight up for Lucic, but I guess if it’s the only way to get out of one of our LDs sure.

Matheson is what he is. A hand grenade in the Dzone, but brings offensive upside in the ozone we simply don’t have on our back end outside of Letang.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
Way too much. The reason we’d be moving Matheson, Dumo, or Petts would be to relieve our LD and cap.

Right now we have Dumo, Pets, Matheson, Riikola and now POJ who are legitimate NHLers on LD.

And POJ is basically what Marino was for us last year so far.

I wouldn't rule out whatever you may believe is too much. Do you expect to keep all those guys through the expansion draft? At least if you move two for one, you keep the lineup spot open. I think the only thing off the table really are 1st round picks.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
I wouldn't rule out whatever you may believe is too much. Do you expect to keep all those guys through the expansion draft? At least if you move two for one, you keep the lineup spot open. I think the only thing off the table really are 1st round picks.

Riikola, Ruhwedel and Matheson likely get exposed and Dumo, Petts and Letang get protected.

Marino and POJ aren’t eligible.

If Seattle takes Riikola or Ruhwedel it doesn’t effect us much. If they take Matheson, whatever the whole point of trading Hornqvist was cap, despite him being PPG at 10 games LOL.

Laus723

Paradise hockey
Sponsor
Jan 27, 2006
Wellington, FL
I offered Guentzel and a 1st for Bennett in 2017 so that shows you how stupid I am LOL.

lol, Guentzel has been a terrific addition to the Pens. Bennett hasn’t been what they hoped, change of scenery may be a huge benefit to both him and the team he goes to. Should he be traded.

66-30-33

Jan 24, 2006
Victoria, BC

Matheson for Hornqvist? STILL angry about that trade, glad he's killing it for you guys though.

Reactions: Laus723

glenbuis

Sep 17, 2012
Haha league is not trending back to size
He thinks so because that’s the kind of team he likes but the rest of the league is all fast young and skilled players they want
Yes that’s definitely the way the playoffs have gone the last few years . Tampa didn’t get anywhere’s until they added some size and toughness .

Reactions: Ignatius

TySmith4Norris

Oct 13, 2020
Probably a late round pick for a depth piece

Some of these proposals aren’t even good troll posts, they hired Hextall not Chiarelli

Laus723

Paradise hockey
Sponsor
Jan 27, 2006
Wellington, FL
Matheson for Hornqvist? STILL angry about that trade, glad he's killing it for you guys though.

A Pens fan brought up Horny for Connolly here and I pounced on it. We’re all shocked we got him for Matheson. Hornqvist has been a very welcome, and needed, addition.

I really thought Matheson was going to be a great player. He showed good speed, decision with the puck, and had physicality. Ever since he got suspended for the Petterson hit, he hasn’t been the same guy. Fact is, if there’s a team that can straighten him out, it’s the Penguins.

66-30-33

Jan 24, 2006
Victoria, BC
A Pens fan brought up Horny for Connolly here and I pounced on it. We’re all shocked we got him for Matheson. Hornqvist has been a very welcome, and needed, addition.

I really thought Matheson was going to be a great player. He showed good speed, decision with the puck, and had physicality. Ever since he got suspended for the Petterson hit, he hasn’t been the same guy. Fact is, if there’s a team that can straighten him out, it’s the Penguins.
Still too early to write him off tbh, but maaaaan I really miss Hornqvist. You should see our around the NHL thread when Florida plays haha.

Reactions: Laus723

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad