Speculation: Power Speculation: Hextall/Burke's first move in PIT?

Sparky93

Dec 30, 2010
Lucic + Bennett for Zucker + Marino
Truculence for days and you only have to look at a terrible contract for 2 years, instead of 6

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
It's hard to tell.

Burkie wants truculence.
Hextall was a truculent player but as Flyers GM he made the team much softer.

Reactions: skinnyFAT91

CartographerNo611

Oct 11, 2014
Y’all realize Hexy is GM and in charge of the roster right. He neutered the broad street bullies, no way is he going to start trading for truculence even with Burkie ahead of him.

In fact Tanev being the first traded for cap space wouldn’t be the most surprising thing to happen.

Reactions: majormajor

KingTech

Sep 20, 2020
I think a king pens trade Kings getting a roster defenseman and pens getting a draft pick or prospect

Mrs Crosby's Dryer

Can we please fire idiot Sullivan now?
Dec 11, 2005
Pittsburgh, Pa.
It’s going to be interesting to say the least. I think the only truly untouchables on the active roster are Crosby, Malkin, Guentzel, Marino, & Joseph (hopefully Tanev, Kapanen, & Blueger too and most probably Letang for reasons).

If Hextall really is averse to trading pics and prospects, as he should be, then that doesn’t leave us much to offer.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
It’s going to be interesting to say the least. I think the only truly untouchables on the active roster are Crosby, Malkin, Guentzel, Marino, & Joseph (hopefully Tanev, Kapanen, & Blueger too and most probably Letang for reasons).

If Hextall really is averse to trading pics and prospects, as he should be, then that doesn’t leave us much to offer.

I would be exceptionally confused if Tanev and Blueger were "untouchables". Tanev is a defensive 3rd liner with a huge contract and Blueger is a fringe 3C/4C.

I'd trade literally anyone on this team outside of Crosby and Malkin if the deal made sense.

EdmFlyersfan

Feb 20, 2007
Edmonton
Hextall will sell what ever player he is allowed to for draft picks. Then hire a bad coach and preach "patience" while the team slowly falls apart and he doesn't support the good young players drafted.

Also he'll have someone spy on Mario and some staff for some odd reason to find out who's "talking about him" behind the scenes...Burke's first move will be to look for the nearest farm so he can find a barn to challenge another executive to a fight.

Last edited:
Reactions: rinaldo

Rafafouille

May 12, 2015
QC
I would do a Kotkaniemi, Caufield, Guhle base for a deal with CROSBY coming back and knowing Danault is then not affordable moving past this run ....

Why in the world would MTL trade 3 first rounders for a 33 years old crosby?

On the other side, why in the world would Pittsburgh trade their second best player in franchise history, piss off the fans for a whole lot of maybe and zero now stars?

Reactions: Just Linda

66-30-33

Jan 24, 2006
Victoria, BC
Hextall will sell what ever player he is allowed to for draft picks. Then hire a bad coach and preach "patience" while the team slowly falls apart and he doesn't support the good young players drafted.

Also he'll have someone spy on Mario and some staff for some odd reason to find out who's "talking about him" behind the scenes...
So he's not allowed to fix his mistakes? and besides most GMs likely do the same thing and stay stuck with a coach. For the Pens Shero was married to Bylsma and JR was married to Sullivan. Seems like it may be a normal thing, like a coach being married to a crappy player or 2.

Reactions: BillPrep

Mrs Crosby's Dryer

Can we please fire idiot Sullivan now?
Dec 11, 2005
Pittsburgh, Pa.
I would be exceptionally confused if Tanev and Blueger were "untouchables". Tanev is a defensive 3rd liner with a huge contract and Blueger is a fringe 3C/4C.

I'd trade literally anyone on this team outside of Crosby and Malkin if the deal made sense.

I think a case can be made either way. However, Tanev is exactly the type of player that we need and the contract is worth it for his play thus far. I also think Blueger has a much higher ceiling than a fringe 3c/4c. He’s still young-ish and getting better every season. I wouldn’t be shocked to see him evolving into a complete shutdown 3c and borderline elite pk’er.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
Only in my dreams but something where the Sharks trade Vlasic plus whatever value for Matheson and whatever needed for it to make sense for Pittsburgh's cap...but not going to happen lol

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad