Pre-Game Talk: Poutineville at BRUINS 7:14 PM - NESN, SN, RDS, 92.9 WBOS-FM

Status
Not open for further replies.

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
I wish I didn't live an hour away.

I wish the MBTA schedule remotely accommodated Bruins fans on the Haverhill line.

I could take the train into Boston, either from Andover Station or Lawrence Station, each about 5-7 minutes from home, but I’d need to leave either at 8:20 pm (second period) or wait until 11:30 pm.

Just stupid.

Last edited:

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Tonight's Officials

DM36.jpg
JS12.jpg

Referees Dean Morton (36) - Peterborough, ON
Justin St. Pierre (12) - Dolbeau, QC

Linesmen Darren Gibbs (66), Brian Murphy (93)

National Anthems - Todd Angilly​

bobbyorr04

Bruins fan 4ever
Sponsor
Apr 12, 2011
I hope they do. Tony Marenero in Mtl was losing his mind last week on the radio. It was radio gold. I want to hear it again lol

If the Bruins play the way they did last game against Montreal ..they'll kick em again

..but Tuukka will have to play as good as Halak's last performance against the scabs

Reactions: lopey

bobbyorr04

Bruins fan 4ever
Sponsor
Apr 12, 2011
I watched the 3rd period and OT of the Habs/Flyers game and Montreal looked pretty desperate to get a result with the current losing streak they're on, but they just didn't know how. The effort was there (42 SOGs) but their play was scrappy and lacked structure, and they miss Drouin badly. Plenty of eagerness to drive to the net, just lacking the composure to actually find the right shot and beat Elliott, so again they came up short.

If they play like that against the Bruins they'll give up plenty of good chances the other way, like they did last week. The danger for us lies in their desperation, the hurt they'll be feeling after the 8-1 drubbing, and the fact that they do have the ability to score multiple goals quickly when they get on a roll. Boston needs to actually start on time, play smart and use the Habs' over-eagerness against them. If they can do that they should be fine.

If Marchy can't get over his flu in time then I say play Bjork on the 1st line. He's a similar player, he continues to prove himself and get better every game, and I want to see what he can do with Pasta.

Marchand played with the flu last game and was pissed when the spotters pulled him after one shift in the third ..so I can't see him missing this game unless he's in the hospital :laugh:

Reactions: Aussie Bruin

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
If the Bruins play the way they did last game against Montreal ..they'll kick em again

..but Tuukka will have to play as good as Halak's last performance against the scabs

While I loved the score, honestly didn`t like the B`s overall game, thought they were playing very loose defensively, passes weren`t sharp, breakouts weak, but the few chances they got they buried. Loving the results as far as accumulation of points but I haven`t liked the B`s game for a few weeks now. I know I`m nitpicking but I can`t remember the last game I have watched where the B`s played focused for 3 periods?

Reactions: bobbyorr04

HeartsAlive

Apr 11, 2013
It's a game thread, so we're allowed to rant in here without it being held against us right? Well Ok, I officially buy the "Backes is being selfish" narrative. I was 100% on board with giving him the begining of the season to see if he still had it. He's a tough SOB that's been dealt a bad hand since coming to Boston, I was giving him 12th/13th forward minutes to see if he still had it.

He is one hit away from serious serious medical problems down the road, if he's not already there. Even with half the forward group sick or hurt, he'll bring next to nothing out there. There are no less than 5 players in Providence I would rather see suit up for this game than Backes. It's beyond laughable at this point they are even letting him on the 9th floor, let alone on the ice.

Pack it in dude, you're hurting yourself and the team.

/rant

Reactions: Tmac37
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $2,300.00
    Event closes
    • Updated: