Attachments

• upload_2019-11-30_20-35-52.jpeg
    upload_2019-11-30_20-35-52.jpeg
    110.2 KB · Views: 10
Last edited by a moderator:

talkinaway

Mar 19, 2014
On the couch
Whose dumb idea was it to line this game up against the Patriots on SNF?

Sunday night games in general are stupid. People have to work Monday. Sure, there's usually about a 50/50 shot that a 1 PM start will overlap with the Patriots if you DIDN'T know the schedule...but you do.

Add to that the fact that the Patriots are playing, and this is mindblowingly stupid. My only guess is that they're decreasing the number of weekend matinees early in the season...maybe because of the T? I dunno. Green line's all kinds of messed up on the weekends, with trolley service on the B and D lines, I think...and Orange and Red had their share of repairs, too.

I'd normally say it's because of Montreal's game today, but they had a 3 PM start, not a 7 PM one. I don't know what the league minimum is for back-to-backs...I know a 7 PM start followed by a 1 PM start is not allowed. But 22 hours rest if it's a 1 PM game tomorrow? Seems sufficient. Heck, start tomorrow's game at 3 PM, or even 4.

Oh well. f*** the Habs. Or don't. They're just not significant this season.

Reactions: smithformeragent

Aussie Bruin

Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus
I watched the 3rd period and OT of the Habs/Flyers game and Montreal looked pretty desperate to get a result with the current losing streak they're on, but they just didn't know how. The effort was there (42 SOGs) but their play was scrappy and lacked structure, and they miss Drouin badly. Plenty of eagerness to drive to the net, just lacking the composure to actually find the right shot and beat Elliott, so again they came up short.

If they play like that against the Bruins they'll give up plenty of good chances the other way, like they did last week. The danger for us lies in their desperation, the hurt they'll be feeling after the 8-1 drubbing, and the fact that they do have the ability to score multiple goals quickly when they get on a roll. Boston needs to actually start on time, play smart and use the Habs' over-eagerness against them. If they can do that they should be fine.

If Marchy can't get over his flu in time then I say play Bjork on the 1st line. He's a similar player, he continues to prove himself and get better every game, and I want to see what he can do with Pasta.

ap3lovr

Dec 31, 2005
New Brunswick
Hope this game stays close. If it starts to get out of hand it will get nasty quick. Dont need anyone to get Injured tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $150.00