Pre-Game Talk: Poutineville at BRUINS 7:14 PM - NESN, SN, RDS, 92.9 WBOS-FM

Status
Not open for further replies.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
It's a game thread, so we're allowed to rant in here without it being held against us right? Well Ok, I officially buy the "Backes is being selfish" narrative. I was 100% on board with giving him the begining of the season to see if he still had it. He's a tough SOB that's been dealt a bad hand since coming to Boston, I was giving him 12th/13th forward minutes to see if he still had it.

He is one hit away from serious serious medical problems down the road, if he's not already there. Even with half the forward group sick or hurt, he'll bring next to nothing out there. There are no less than 5 players in Providence I would rather see suit up for this game than Backes. It's beyond laughable at this point they are even letting him on the 9th floor, let alone on the ice.

Pack it in dude, you're hurting yourself and the team.

/rant
I don`t consider Backes being selfish, he`s a NHL player who loves the game and loves to play and clearly believes he still has something to bring.

Now, I don`t necessarily agree and I too think that spot would and should be better filled by someone else but my approach has gone from me worrying more about seeing Backes lying on the ice after a hit rather than being the best player available to play at this stage

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
I don`t consider Backes being selfish, he`s a NHL player who loves the game and loves to play and clearly believes he still has something to bring.

Now, I don`t necessarily agree and I too think that spot would and should be better filled by someone else but my approach has gone from me worrying more about seeing Backes lying on the ice after a hit rather than being the best player available to play at this stage

Exactly.Play your best .Sweeney has one really bad deal in his tenure and this is it and sadly making what he makes he plays.This deal is hurting Bruins in some ways

Reactions: Boston Bruno

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Exactly.Play your best .Sweeney has one really bad deal in his tenure and this is it and sadly making what he makes he plays.This deal is hurting Bruins in some ways

it is and it`s easy to pile on DS for making the deal then I remind myself to have a peek at the terrific deals he`s also signed players to and I cut him some slack but at this stage, as much as I admire Backes, seems like a terrific locker room guy, injuries and health issues just seemed to derail him from the start of this deal. The $$ never really bothered me, the term was more of an issue. He had a great playoff the spring before and when he was signed I was optimistic about things understanding this wasn`t a guy who`ll put the team on his back but be a real nice complimentary piece who`ll add many intangibles which I know is a four letter word here.

As I mentioned, my bigger issue now with DB is less about there being a better player available for his spot but more about not wanting to see him lying on the ice after yet another play where contact to the head occurs

bobbyorr04

Bruins fan 4ever
Sponsor
Apr 12, 2011
While I loved the score, honestly didn`t like the B`s overall game, thought they were playing very loose defensively, passes weren`t sharp, breakouts weak, but the few chances they got they buried. Loving the results as far as accumulation of points but I haven`t liked the B`s game for a few weeks now. I know I`m nitpicking but I can`t remember the last game I have watched where the B`s played focused for 3 periods?

I agree with the bolded, but that's the good news because when they get healthier and hopefully more focused it'll be even more fun to watch this team

I thought the B's played a very loose but spirited game against the scabs last Tuesday. Halak made some big saves until the B's started scoring or else it might've been a lot closer game. The Bruins are just a better team than the habs (and most teams in the league) right now even with a beat up roster

..although it will eventually catch up to them if they don't start playing closer to 60 minutes instead of 30 or 40

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
I wish the MBTA schedule remotely accommodated Bruins fans on the Haverhill line.

I could take the train into Boston, either from Andover Station or Lawrence Station, each about 5-7 minutes from home, but I’d need to leave either at 8:20 pm (second period) or wait until 11:30 pm.

Just stupid.
I live a quarter mile from the commuter rail line but they are very NON-accomodating to B's fans. IIRC the last time we took the commuter rail the last train out was 20 or so minutes before the scheduled end of game time. Can't remember if there was another train (like) an hour or so after that train but I don't trust it to get home so we usually drive in to the orange line and park there and take that in.
On SC parade day in 2011 we were at the commuter rail line and EMPTY trains went inbound right by us. We're the last stop on that line so it made no sense as to why they didn't stop. At that time we ended up taking a bus or two and then the red line in to Boston. Crazy s***!

Reactions: sarge88

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
It was SUPPOSED to be rain downtown at the start of the storm

b248672e20e6a48897ed8893d6417320.jpg

jgatie

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 22, 2011
What time does the garden start letting people in?

Just before 6:00. North Station is always open, but last time I spent pre-game time there I was treated to the sight of a homeless person relieving himself through his clothes leaving a large puddle under the bench he was sleeping on.

nORRis8

The NHL, the stupidest League ever.
Sep 16, 2015
RedDeer, Alberta
Just checked Fox Sports for different Goals against average
Apparently Halak is having an understanding year

1 Halak, J. G10000.00
2 Rask, T. G164914572.10
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
Plus the defence must be blocking a lot of shots

nORRis8

The NHL, the stupidest League ever.
Sep 16, 2015
RedDeer, Alberta
Just before 6:00. North Station is always open, but last time I spent pre-game time there I was treated to the sight of a homeless person relieving himself through his clothes leaving a large puddle under the bench he was sleeping on.
I

Possibly a former Leafs player.
I always give homeless people money,not to charities.
Nice to see their response.

bobbyorr04

Bruins fan 4ever
Sponsor
Apr 12, 2011
Hope we get some PP's tonight so Pasta has lots of opportunities to shoot the puck, but lately we're getting 1-2 a game at most.

At least Peel and Rooney aren't reffing tonight so the B's might not get penalized 7-1

DM36.jpg
JS12.jpg

Referees Dean Morton (36) - Peterborough, ON
Justin St. Pierre (12) - Dolbeau, QC

Linesmen Darren Gibbs (66), Brian Murphy (93)​

Reactions: Emerz
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad