Waived: Poulin, Leggio, Zolnierczyk, Ness,(Cleared), Skille (Claimed by CBJ)

Macch

Mar 22, 2010
Arthur Staple ‏@StapeNewsday 47s48 seconds ago
Have heard that Jack Skille was claimed on waivers, waiting to hear by whom. #Isles

Surprised the Isles put him on waivers. Thought he was better than CMac. Great wheels.

MatthewBarnabysTears

Mar 18, 2013
He was and is better than Cmac. Cmac is still around due to familiarity and he is buddies with JT

if there is a difference, it's negligible. his best season was 7 goals and 17 points five years ago. McDonald did that two years ago in half a season — including a ton of huge goals during our playoffs run. i'm not saying i think mcdonald is particularly good or should be an everyday player, but i'm completely on board keeping him over skille.

Skip To My Lou

Abused Fan
May 4, 2010
Garden City, NY
Skille isn't a huge loss, I think Colin is eventually replaced this year either way, likely by Halmo.

I would actually like to see Persson take on that role once McDonald's contract runs out. He showed me he could be a solid 4th liner in his time up with us.

Upset about Skille; I thought he had great wheels and he's a "battler". Quite honestly, he's better than Martin, but whatever.

danteipp

Aug 3, 2005
I agree with other posters here, it is a shame that Skille wasn't retained over CMac. But ultimately if CMac doesn't perform, his spot will be taken by someone from Bridgeport. Depth and competition is a wonderful thing.

nyscene

Jul 26, 2006
PANIC!
I'm losing 0 sleep over losing Skille. The only reason some people wanted him around was shiny-new-toy syndrome.

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
According to capgeek he has a NMC with provisions for a trade at the 2014-15 TDL.

Lubo seems like he hates uprooting his family. With the roster improvements the isles have made, I don't expect them to fall out of the playoff race. I would be surprised to see him moved.

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
Sad to see Skille go, but we have CMac & others.

There really isn't much difference between them.

hoser14

Oct 23, 2006
Brooklyn
I'm losing 0 sleep over losing Skille. The only reason some people wanted him around was shiny-new-toy syndrome.

Me neither, Jack "No" Skille is marginally productive....minor leaguer. The same thing goes for Colin "Colon Blow" McDonald, who is even less productive than Skille. I rather have one of the Swedes, Collberg, Persson or Sundstrom playing over the likes of a McDonald or a Skille.

I hope when the Isles finally waive McDonald, that the Ranger$ claim him, so he could do them what he has does for the Isles, which is a big fat -22 plus/minus!

islesforlife

Dec 13, 2013
East Coast USA
Me neither, Jack "No" Skille is marginally productive....minor leaguer. The same thing goes for Colin "Colon Blow" McDonald, who is even less productive than Skille.

The idea is to get as much better as possible, even if only marginal. In the end, since Skille and Cmac have shown at least some slight competence in the NHL I'd rather have the better one.

MatthewBarnabysTears

Mar 18, 2013
The idea is to get as much better as possible, even if only marginal. In the end, since Skille and Cmac have shown at least some slight competence in the NHL I'd rather have the better one.

I just don't get the basis for saying Skille is better when his best year — 5 years ago — was basically the same as McDonald's half-season two years ago.

Again, neither should be in the lineup. But there's really no basis for preferring the new guy over the guy who's already (an admittedly small) part of the fabric of the team.

Richie Daggers Crime

Boosted 9 times double masked they/them
Mar 8, 2004
Boise
I rather have one of the Swedes, Collberg, Persson or Sundstrom playing over the likes of a McDonald or a Skille.

Why? I haven't seen anything from those guys that suggests that they would be more productive than McDonald. It would just be exposing assets for nothing because you would have to waive McDonald.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad