Waived: Poulin, Leggio, Zolnierczyk, Ness,(Cleared), Skille (Claimed by CBJ)

24diving

Apr 5, 2013
suffolk, long island
only one with a chance of not clearing imo is Poulin -- not sure if any team can afford to keep him up on the nhl club tho -- is a backup needed anywhere?

InformTheMasses

Jun 13, 2010
www.youtube.com

A Pointed Stick

No Idea About The Future
Dec 23, 2010
It takes a lot of Skille to waive your ANess' and Leggio's in the air.

Did we just moon the league?

Agree with all the movement, particularly Poulin and Ness.

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
Skille the only mild surprise, given the injury situation. If Grabner is ready to go than this isn't a surprise at all.

Many more to go. Pokka to Bridgeport. Hope he reports instead.of going back to Finland. Kid needs to adjust to drink size and speed of game over here. Sooner he does this, the better off he is.

I heard in Europe the cups/portions are a lot smaller. Our small is their supersize.

Renbarg

Feb 24, 2007
NY
Nothing surprising out of both the waiver and waiver-exempt groups. I doubt anyone gets claimed either.

The tough cuts are yet to come. Maybe even a few weeks into the season given the injuries.

13th Floor

Oct 10, 2008
So far:

Back to Bridgeport, no waivers: Collberg, Galant, Halmo, Mouillierat, Persson, Quine, Sundstrom, Mayfield, Pedan, Pelech, Pokka

Waived: Poulin, Leggio, Zolnierczyk, Skille, Ness

Back to Juniors: Ho-Sang, Dal Colle

Still left:
Forwards (16) - Tavares, Grabovski, Kulemin, Bailey, Grabner, Okposo, Clutterbuck, Nielsen, Martin, Cizikas, Nelson, Strome, Boulton, McDonald, Conacher, Lee
Defense (11) - Visnovsky, Hamonic, de Haan, Carkner, Czuczman, Reinhart, Strait, Hickey, Brennan, Pulock, Donovan
Goalies (2) - Halak, Johnson

Anything missing?

Renbarg

Feb 24, 2007
NY
Maybe Pokka is going to play in Bridgeport, wound't they have assigned him to his team in Finland?

Staple has been saying finland. However in that interview posted here, he clearly states he's going to play in NA, whether or not he makes the isles.

duster19

Feb 13, 2013
Today's #Isles lines in practice: Conacher-Tavares-Okposo, Grabovski-Nelson-Strome, Bailey-Nielsen-Kulemin, Martin-Cizikas-Clutterbuck...

Poulin 0n My St1ck

Oct 18, 2010
Hmm, I liked what I saw from Skille, I was hoping he'd stick around and bump McDonald off the team.

Would Winnipeg seriously consider picking up Poulin? (Probably not)

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
Arthur Staple @StapeNewsday · 1h
#Isles made 16 cuts, 11 non-waivers: Collberg, Gallant, Halmo, Mouillierat, Persson, Quine, Sundstrom, Mayfield, Pedan, Pelech, Pokka.

At noon, 5 #Isles cuts go on waivers: K. Poulin, D. Leggio, H. Zolnierczyk, J. Skille, A. Ness.

Now 30 players left with #Isles -- technically 31, Ness practicing with big club since 4 D still not practicing.

https://twitter.com/StapeNewsday?lang=en

Poulin 0n My St1ck

Oct 18, 2010
Today's #Isles lines in practice: Conacher-Tavares-Okposo, Grabovski-Nelson-Strome, Bailey-Nielsen-Kulemin, Martin-Cizikas-Clutterbuck...

I approve, except I expect Lee to replace Conacher at some point in the near future. The second and third line combos have potential. Now if we could trade Grabner for Methot.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad