Waived: Poulin, Leggio, Zolnierczyk, Ness,(Cleared), Skille (Claimed by CBJ)

MatthewBarnabysTears

Mar 18, 2013
I think people here are mostly just bored of Colin McDonald. Again, I don't even have a high opinion of him. But it's not like we're going to have a prospect sit as a healthy scratch most nights, which is what his role should be. And he's scored enough big goals and been good enough (he was basically the perfect 3rd/4th liner for us in 2013) to merit at least a modicum of respect from fans/coaches when evaluating him against other marginal guys like Jack Skille.

Not to open this can of worms, but if anyone should go it's Boulton. He's an absolute waste of a roster spot, particularly now. Boychuk, Clutterbuck, and Martin are going to make us really tough to play against physically. I don't see why having a fighter who dresses in 10% of the games would tilt that element much further in our favor.

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
Not to open this can of worms, but if anyone should go it's Boulton. He's an absolute waste of a roster spot, particularly now. Boychuk, Clutterbuck, and Martin are going to make us really tough to play against physically. I don't see why having a fighter who dresses in 10% of the games would tilt that element much further in our favor.

My guess is Boulton will be sent down and if we need him in the future he will be called up. I don't think their is that big a risk losing him on waivers(although who knows maybe a few teams want the extra muscle).

To me Bolton and Carkner are somewhat redundant so as long as we have one of them we really don't need the other

edmontonislesfan

Mar 28, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
I think people here are mostly just bored of Colin McDonald. Again, I don't even have a high opinion of him. But it's not like we're going to have a prospect sit as a healthy scratch most nights, which is what his role should be. And he's scored enough big goals and been good enough (he was basically the perfect 3rd/4th liner for us in 2013) to merit at least a modicum of respect from fans/coaches when evaluating him against other marginal guys like Jack Skille.

I was wrong in predicting Skille would make the team. I wish him well in Columbus. McDonald is listed as 217 lbs., which is bigger than I thought. He played well in the abbreviated 2013 season and the latter part of last season. Seemed to be part of a, generally collective, team funk at the beginning of last season.

Would seem to me, with the talent available, it would be hard for both Boulton and Carkner to be on the 23-man roster, although both have proven to be good soldiers.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad