McKenzie: Potential pending trade between WSH and LAK

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Honestly as a Pens fan I’ll be sick. While the dude will not light up the score board he is a monster on forecheck and backcheck and is damn good on the PK I don’t want that on a metro rival.

I've loved him as a King, exactly as advertised. Total black hole as far as personal offense, but smart, fast, hounds the puck, perfect teammate. He does create opportunity for other players. That could be deadly on washington. The Kempe-Kovalchuk-Hagelin line was flying for a while there.

He offers nothing and will leave you disappointed, hope it isnt him if your kings fan

f***, sounds like a King at heart already!

Hockey4Lyfe

Feb 26, 2018
Potentially Hagelin for Jaskin and a 3rd is being surfaced as a possibility. That makes more sense for the Kings now if a pick is also getting thrown in.

greasysnapper

Apr 6, 2018
No way in hell is Kovy going to WSH. That contract is awful.

I think the bigger issue is the NMC, Kovy's wife's career, and available cap for the Caps. That being said, if there was retention, Bura going the other way, and if Kovy's lifestyle was really hampered by being in the doghouse, there's a chance. I'd retain 2mil+ on Kovy over 3 years for a 1st and Burakovsky, especially if Kovy isn't a fit. It's an intriguing spot, especially with the relationship between Kovy and Ovi, I think there are too many hurdles though.

Ridley Simon

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Marin County — SF Bay Area, CA
Hagelin averaged 9 goals a season over 2 full seasons when playing with Malkin from 2016-2018. Jaskin didn't produce a thing over a couple of games with Ovechkin and Kuznetsov, Hagelin didn't produce a thing over 2 and a half seasons when with Malkin.

Hagelin would just be a really bad buy for the Capitals IMO. He only provides speed and defensive awareness at this point, he provides literally nothing offensively.

Caps need a better 4th line PK’er. Jaskin isn’t even playing. So yes — Hagelin would be a more useful piece to the overall landscape of the team.

Oh and he’s usually murder against us in the playoffs, so—-??? I could see some serious motivation vs the short-stubby birds if they meet (or....when).

Reactions: VaCaps Fan

Devil Dancer

Jan 21, 2006
Caps need a better 4th line PK’er. Jaskin isn’t even playing. So yes — Hagelin would be a more useful piece to the overall landscape of the team.

Oh and he’s usually murder against us in the playoffs, so—-??? I could see some serious motivation vs the short-stubby birds if they meet (or....when).
This is all true, but I still don't like it. He's a guy I will remember as a hated Penguin. It's like when they brought Rick Tochet to town at the end of his career, after all those years as a Flyer.

Yuck .

deaderhead28

Jul 3, 2010
Sounding like its Haglin for Jaskin and a third to LA impossibly.Friedman and Co on Hockey Central.Thats sounds alright.

Luigi Lemieux

Sep 26, 2003
Gross hate thinking of Hagelin in a caps jersey. It's kind of like how you don't want your friend dating an ex even if you're not together anymore.

Reactions: MarkMessyay11

Hockey4Lyfe

Feb 26, 2018
Gross hate thinking of Hagelin in a caps jersey. It's kind of like how you don't want your friend dating an ex even if you're not together anymore.

If this would have happened last year, I’d feel the same way as a Pens fan.

But with how he looked this season before getting shipped out, I could care less. He earned some major hate from me with his play earlier in the year. Truly looked hopeless on the ice.

mja

Everything was beautiful, and nothing hurt
Jan 7, 2005
Lucy the Elephant's Belly

Wait, in that scenario does that mean the Caps are the friend or the ex? Because I don't think either of those things apply.

This is more like your ex dating that asshole you got into a fist fight with back in high school.

Luigi Lemieux

Sep 26, 2003
Wait, in that scenario does that mean the Caps are the friend or the ex? Because I don't think either of those things apply.

This is more like your ex dating that ******* you got into a fist fight with back in high school.
Well yea technically more a rival than a friend. But was going for the more relatable feeling as most probably don't have an arch nemesis in real life.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad