McKenzie: Potential pending trade between WSH and LAK

deaderhead28

Jul 3, 2010
No Toffoli,looks as if its Haglin or Lewis from this response.

Screenshot_20190220-161558_Twitter.jpg

Brucelenok

Aug 9, 2016
My gut feeling tells me it is Kovalchuk. Few reasons:
1. Reirden knows him personally and played with him in Atlanta
2. Kovy is perfect 2nd/3rd line winger and improves Caps PP2 dramatically
3. Russians in Washington are being valued very high

LAKings88

First round fodder
Dec 4, 2006
here or there
Must have been on TV, here is what was posted on the Kings board:
If Jaskin was about to be waived, why is LA now trading for him?

The Jaskin thing makes no sense. Maybe I just don’t like it.

Seems like LA has better options coming up next year. Don’t need Jaskin taking up space. Guess they can let him walk if needed.

Reactions: BallPointHammer

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
I'm not really sure what Hagelin would do for Washington. He's fast and defensively responsible, but he has literally no offensive talent anymore. For a team that has lost in the playoffs in the past due to not having depth scoring, I'm really not sure why they would want to target Hagelin. I would rather have Jaskin than Hagelin at this point.

KingsFan7824

Dec 4, 2003
Visit site
Am I missing something? Why waive DSP if a roster player goes the other way? Caps have limited space. Kings don’t need a Burakovsky at what it will cost to retain him. Kings need to shed excess for Luff, Grundstrom, and Amadio.

Hagelin doesn’t hold the value he once had. Hoping for a 3rd. Be pleasantly surprised if it’s a 2cd.

That's what I'm saying. Look at what he's been traded for in his career. Pearson when he had 0 goals in 17 games, and a couple years left on the contract. Perron when he had 4 goals in 43 games. Etem when he was coming off a 5 goal season, and had to throw an extra 6th in the deal. A lot of underperforming talent. Historically, from the trades that have been completed, Hagelin doesn't have a ton of value, and he's only older now. The potential of a 3rd might be too high of a return. We'll just have to wait and see.

Reactions: LAKings88

peterthegreat12

Hopeless Caps fan ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Jan 22, 2011
Washington DC
I’ll throw one more wrinkle in to think about. Caps had also been scouring the Reign...so, this could be for more than a one for one deal.

thethirdhockeyman91

Jun 22, 2018
My gut feeling tells me it is Kovalchuk. Few reasons:
1. Reirden knows him personally and played with him in Atlanta
2. Kovy is perfect 2nd/3rd line winger and improves Caps PP2 dramatically
3. Russians in Washington are being valued very high
This is intriguing, got to think burakovsky would have to be going to kings then.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad