Speculation: Potential Chicago-Monteal trade

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
Crawford has been really good this year. He started slow but has really come on strong recently.

Still not enough

Been better than Price by a longshot...

Nobody wants him

Habs fans have something extra special of late (inb4 comment offends toolegittoquit)

I didn't realize you were so sensitive to anything related to Crawford.

Corey Crawford isn't a good goalie. You put him on a team that can't play defense and can't kill penalties and you'll see just how terrible he truly is.

(Hopefully Schmaltzliquor8 doesn't go off the deep end)

Kaners Bald Spot

Dec 6, 2011
Kane County, IL
Still not enough

Corey Crawford isn't a good goalie. You put him on a team that can't play defense and can't kill penalties and you'll see just how terrible he truly is.

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Have you watched the Blackhawks lately? They can't play defense or kill penalties, and haven't been able to do either for 3 seasons now. Crawford and Lehner are saving the Hawks from being bottom 3 in the NHL. Go look at the stats. They're bad. Crawford wasn't the greatest last year, but they were dead last in PK % in the NHL last year. That will do a number on ye olde Sv% and GAA.

Video Coach

Sep 16, 2005
If they want to trade Crawford it would be to gain actual assets not acquiring an AHL quality goalie while getting no actual assets back to make said "other trades"

Well cap space is definitely an asset but I based this trade around the idea that the Blackhawks were already writing this year off. If they're not then I agree it doesn't make a ton of sense.

But in terms of adding assets, I do think Montreal could add to that deal, though I doubt it would be very much as CC would be there to upgrade the backup goaltending position.

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
@TheDogCerby

That's a bad last take. You could be mad at the response from the guy. But saying Crawford isn't a good goalie is silly.
:clap: couldn't have said this better.

actually what i was thinking would have been grounds to suspend my acct.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mrfenn92

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Have you watched the Blackhawks lately? They can't play defense or kill penalties, and haven't been able to do either for 3 seasons now. Crawford and Lehner are saving the Hawks from being bottom 3 in the NHL. Go look at the stats. They're bad. Crawford wasn't the greatest last year, but they were dead last in PK % in the NHL last year. That will do a number on ye olde Sv% and GAA.
this season, CC is the vintage CC we, the fans are accustom in seeing. bitch all you want, we the Bhawks fans are just fine with the goalies play.

Habs10025

Sep 28, 2017
you dont know there is no evidence. He might just be not able to discuss it since he has insider info....
There's no evidence of it being true . Until there is its only a made up story by the media and the so called insiders .

Last edited:

Jamie Winston

Jul 13, 2019
Still not enough

Hawks defense is terrible how Crawford has the numbers he has is beyond me. Like it was already said he’s been much better then price while playing in much worse circumstances.

Gaud

May 11, 2017
Doubt Montreal would pick up Crawford, I could see a possible Toews for Poehling, Mete, 2020 1st trade though.

yeah… thats not gonna happen.. we are in retooling mode and this just goes against that.

ColbyChaos

Marty Snoozeman's Father
Sep 27, 2017
Will County
Still not enough

If Crawford isnt good then what does that make the other 40 goalies with worse stats.. Sit down clown

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
Highmore and Sikura have both been recalled. Berg was in Rockford scouting one of them, if not both.

Boqvist has been recalled which means Gus might be on the way out.

So we could be looking at a Gus + Sikura/Highmore to Montreal trade.

Vachon23

Oct 14, 2015
Victoriaville
Highmore and Sikura have both been recalled. Berg was in Rockford scouting one of them, if not both.

Boqvist has been recalled which means Gus might be on the way out.

So we could be looking at a Gus + Sikura/Highmore to Montreal trade.

I don’t see why we would want Highmore and I don’t think Gustafsson is what we need

Reactions: TooLegitToQuit

Gaud

May 11, 2017
Doubt Montreal would pick up Crawford, I could see a possible Toews for Poehling, Mete, 2020 1st trade though.

Yikes! Yeah that is unappealing to me. We are "retooling" so Mtl isnt getting rid of their futures for a 31 year old, there are probably cap issues here and Mtl is hosting the draft. Imagine not having a 1st

Gaud

May 11, 2017
THe thing is, I'm awaiting for a story like Babcock but on Therrien.

Therrien was laughing at one recruit he made cry in the habs lockeroom 1 year ago at 91.9 during an interview. Lets say I won't be in shock if he comes out in the media.
Daniel Brière has released a lot of comments on the matter. I think he even talks about it in a book or something

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad