Speculation: Potential Chicago-Monteal trade

LastWordArmy

Sep 11, 2011
Canada
We laugh, but I wouldn't be surprised if Berg was entertaining the thought of getting Shawzy back.

I mean Domi hasn't been the same without him.

He's a much better RW option than Armia.

Maybe get one of their D as well?

I don't know...

Shaw just had ANOTHER concussion. With that concussion history, Bergevin dumping him in June was very smart. He's not reaquiring him now.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Gustafsson and Seabrook for Alzner and Weise.

Even if Alzner is playing AHL and Seabrook is still playing NHL, Alzner has the better contract contract cause it's more buyout friendly and it's not a NMC. Thank god Seabrook has NMC cause he knows very well he gets sent to the AHL if he is with the Habs so he declines.

Seabrook is signed from 34-38 at $6.9M. I rather buy out Alzner this June or June of 2021.

Reactions: Steeler23

RememberTheRoar

“I’m not as worried about the 5-on-5 scoring.”
Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
Even if Alzner is playing AHL and Seabrook is still playing NHL, Alzner has the better contract contract cause it's more buyout friendly and it's not a NMC. Thank god Seabrook has NMC cause he knows very well he gets sent to the AHL if he is with the Habs so he declines.

Seabrook is signed from 34-38 at $6.9M. I rather buy out Alzner this June or June of 2021.

Sikura as a sweetener?

LastWordArmy

Sep 11, 2011
Canada
To Chicago :

Jesperi Kotkaniemi
2020 1st round pick (protected)
2021 2nd Round Pick
Paul Byron

To Montreal :

Jonathan Toews

For a 31 year old, with a monster contract and has scored over 60 points once in the last 4 seasons, and has 18 points in 30 games this season?

You want to give up a 19 year old, 3rd overall pick,
a first
a 2nd
and a winger who is maybe making a little much.

HELL NO, I wouldn't give up that package for Toews.

Tanknation

Feb 24, 2012
To Chicago :

Jesperi Kotkaniemi
2021 2nd Round Pick
Paul Byron

To Montreal :

Jonathan Toews
Please for the love of God, I beg you, Please never post another thing again. Maybe, just maybe, you do not realize this, so I will give you the benefit of the doubt. You do not realize it is 2019, soon to be 2020, and not 2009 right? What you proposed would set this team back another 5-10 years.

Reactions: Steeler23

HOPE

Goal Caufield!
Jun 30, 2011
Montreal
To Chicago :

Jesperi Kotkaniemi
2021 2nd Round Pick
Paul Byron

To Montreal :

Jonathan Toews

is this 2010 and i'm not aware??

i wouldn't give Kotkaniemi alone for toews.

age/contract/declining is the last thing Montreal need in their "retooling"

webersshot

Jul 6, 2016
Nova Scotia
nah you're not a hab fan
I am and I'm a massive, massive Jonathan Toews fan. I know he's having a down year but the Hawks are having a real bad year and he scored 35 last year and was a ppg. His defensive abilities are second to maybe one and he's been a conn smythe, Selke, clutch player his entire career. Beregon is 35 and having a career year. I don't see him falling off a cliff. I see him as being an absolute star and having ALOT of fantastic hockey left in him. We need a true number 1 centre and adding someone like him with his leadership qualities only makes us even more respected and legitimate and could also lure a UFA here I believe.

HOPE

Goal Caufield!
Jun 30, 2011
Montreal
I am and I'm a massive, massive Jonathan Toews fan. I know he's having a down year but the Hawks are having a real bad year and he scored 35 last year and was a ppg. His defensive abilities are second to maybe one and he's been a conn smythe, Selke, clutch player his entire career. Beregon is 35 and having a career year. I don't see him falling off a cliff. I see him as being an absolute star and having ALOT of fantastic hockey left in him. We need a true number 1 centre and adding someone like him with his leadership qualities only makes us even more respected and legitimate and could also lure a UFA here I believe.
And how are you going to sign that “UFA” you attracted with Toews after taking an other 10.5M contract and having to extend Domi. An aging vet with a massive contract is the last thing Montreal needs unless you want to keep staying mediocre for ever.

Ashdown2

Aug 19, 2006
The only player is see MB targeting in Chicago is Saad because we need a player like him but for the rest I don’t see a fit

best idea in this super long and usless thread :)
you could probably just give Chicago their picks back for him and they would probably accept.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad