Postponed Games Thread

TrufleShufle

Aug 31, 2012
My point is, why would forfeitures factor in to the lottery? I understand they count as losses, but due to them not being "earned" on the ice shouldn't they be null and void in regards to the draft?
Yea I’m with you, why wouldn’t Buffalo trade every one worth trading and call it a season if that was the way it worked. Insure the highest odds.

Reactions: SladeWilson23

Woodrow

Dec 8, 2005
This is sounding pretty damn serious.
Yea supposedly the Brazil variant is more dangerous for young people than other variants. Also it seems Jayce Hawyrluk has Covid for the second time. He had it last year while playing for Ottawa. Not good news.

I hope everyone recovers quickly and can get back to playing hockey soon.

Reactions: SladeWilson23

BananaCat11

Jun 30, 2019
Laurentians
They really screwed up in Vancouver. When they had the first case , They should have stopped all practice. Instead they said they will wait for a second test to confirm it and continue practicing.. Putting all the players and staff at even more risk. They better hope no one gets to messed up from this. Or there will most likely be lawsuits for negligence. Just bad decisions all around. They gotta be more vigilant. Up to 16 players , 3 coaches per TSN.com. Some players are really sick to. They said they expect more cases as the days progress.. Unacceptable.

I hope they all get better and my thoughts and prayers to their family. The sooner this season ends the better. This is a straight up cluster fudge of a season.

Last edited:
Reactions: GirardSpinorama

BananaCat11

Jun 30, 2019
Laurentians

Apparently the league sent out some new memo's to everyone. Which leads me to believe the Canucks were slacking and playing with fire.
No restaurants, No coaches with their noses hanging out. No Cards. No BS!

Take it for what ever its worth but this sounds like it coulda been avoided.

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
Probably answered here many times, but:

Why it is extremely important for NHL to order standings by collected points total and not collected points per game?

I think hnic started ordering the standings by points percentage last night, and I think we will see that become the norm from now on.

Prior to this unfortunate development, it remained plausible that the north would get a 56 game season in.

Reactions: Jaymond Flurrie

BananaCat11

Jun 30, 2019
Laurentians

Gonna be awhile before the boys are able to resume. TSN is saying maybe the American divisions can start the playoffs as the North division wraps up their remaining games as a possibility. That is if everyone recovers fast.

WeaponOfChoice

Jan 25, 2020

Apparently the league sent out some new memo's to everyone. Which leads me to believe the Canucks were slacking and playing with fire.
No restaurants, No coaches with their noses hanging out. No Cards. No BS!

Take it for what ever its worth but this sounds like it coulda been avoided.

Yeah, I'm wondering who's patient zero on the Canucks?

deckercky

Oct 27, 2010

Finally a team taking precautions by cancelling a skate.

I think the Canucks showed the NHL how bad things could get in short order. Imagine if the Avs or another contender ended up with an outbreak similar to the Canucks at this point of the season...everyone shut down for 3-4 weeks, players sick heading into playoffs? It would tank any Stanley Cup hopes for the season (I think it is noteworthy that the Canucks outbreak happened about a week after any playoff hopes were shattered - perhaps someone slacked off after the games became less meaningful?).

Reactions: Bostonzamboni

Ted Hoffman

The other Rick Zombo
Dec 15, 2002

So ... swap with Colorado and we play Arizona? I think that's the only time the Blues are allowed to play the Coyotes.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad