Postponed Games Thread

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
May 25, 2014
Cant believe the Canucks game got poseponed, kinda crazy to think it could happen to us. First time all season, not that theres much to see from our craptacular season, just kinda hits home I guess you could say this is crazy

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
Cant believe the Canucks game got poseponed, kinda crazy to think it could happen to us. First time all season, not that theres much to see from our craptacular season, just kinda hits home I guess you could say this is crazy

All Canucks games postponed through April 6th

TrufleShufle

Aug 31, 2012
Yeah, the players for Canadian teams are probably staring wistfully at the Stars players, wishing they could have had their seasons derailed by postponed games and a FUBAR government letting the power grid fail in a snow storm. Why can't our players enjoy their free time like that??
Bet they wish they got to enjoy their free time now....

notsocommonsense

Apr 24, 2013
All Canucks games postponed through April 6th

Oilers fall behind in games played once again because of another teams Covid situation

I wonder if Edm and the habs could make up a game on Sunday and then move their Monday game to Tuesday . . Seems like an easy solution . . Would require the habs thurs game next week vs the jets to be moved to Friday for a back to back which is also reasonable . . Seems like a no brainer really

Deen

Feb 19, 2010
Oilers fall behind in games played once again because of another teams Covid situation

I wonder if Edm and the habs could make up a game on Sunday and then move their Monday game to Tuesday . . Seems like an easy solution . . Would require the habs thurs game next week vs the jets to be moved to Friday for a back to back which is also reasonable . . Seems like a no brainer really

Sounds like by the end of the year that postponed games won't be made up between teams out of contention (Calgary/Vancouver when both statistically eliminated from the playoffs). Teams in contention to move up and down in the standings would get their games made up.

notsocommonsense

Apr 24, 2013
Sounds like by the end of the year that postponed games won't be made up between teams out of contention (Calgary/Vancouver when both statistically eliminated from the playoffs). Teams in contention to move up and down in the standings would get their games made up.

The Cal/Van game is likely the only one that fits that criteria tho as every other cancelled game in the North involves a playoff team

Prairie Habs

Oct 3, 2010
Bet they wish they got to enjoy their free time now....

Take that victory lap my man. No need to look at the discrepancy in death rate between the two countries. Now that Canada has had to cancel games all those excess ameri an deaths are worth it.

upload_2021-4-1_18-15-14.png

TrufleShufle

Aug 31, 2012
Take that victory lap my man. No need to look at the discrepancy in death rate between the two countries. Now that Canada has had to cancel games all those excess ameri an deaths are worth it.

View attachment 416147
Don’t need a victory lap, never threw any stones, just watched certain posters on this board for the past couple months LOLing about how Canada hasn’t had any game stoppages yet and shitting on other places like it was a competition.

So essentially, there is nothing to have a victory lap about, just asking people how their lap was now that it’s over.

But keep switching what I should look at while everyone in the world is struggling, just so you make sure we know you are doing it better...

Prairie Habs

Oct 3, 2010
Don’t need a victory lap, never threw any stones, just watched certain posters on this board for the past couple months LOLing about how Canada hasn’t had any game stoppages yet and shitting on other places like it was a competition.

So essentially, there is nothing to have a victory lap about, just asking people how their lap was now that it’s over.

But keep switching what I should look at while everyone in the world is struggling, just so you make sure we know you are doing it better...

LOL at coming in with the Snark then immediately switching to the holier than thou schtik. Having a group of people who are traveling across a country during a pandemic stay away from public gatherings when possible is still obviously the correct thing to do.

TrufleShufle

Aug 31, 2012
LOL at coming in with the Snark then immediately switching to the holier than thou schtik. Having a group of people who are traveling across a country during a pandemic stay away from public gatherings when possible is still obviously the correct thing to do.
You posted it... so I don’t have to ask you if you saw what I was responding to...

I think the snark was warranted for the out right hate you were spewing.

but I can tell by the way you’ve been posting this is going to go down hill really fast, pm me if you want to continue without us both getting banned.

Breakers

Make Mirrored Visors Legal Again
Aug 5, 2014
Denver Colorado
Vancouver media thinks it is higher. Like a lot higher.

The only logical move is for Vancouver to forfeit all remaining games.
better lottery odds, and cheaper contracts for the young guys.

Oilslick941611

Jul 4, 2006
Ottawa

Can they even do that?

why would they even want to do that anyway.

SladeWilson23

I keep my promises.
Sponsor
Nov 3, 2014
New Jersey

Something tells me the league wouldn't count the forfeited games into the lottery positioning.

TheHelmet

Feb 10, 2021
Pat Laftonaines Trophy Room
Something tells me the league wouldn't count the forfeited games into the lottery positioning.

A forfeiture is a loss.

Loss just moves said team into higher odds in the lottery while simultaneously boosting one of the other North Division teams. Not much the league can do if they decide to go the route of forfeitures with the canucks at 8 players and counting.

If if goes up again tomorrow. Forfeitures are a distinct possibility.

SladeWilson23

I keep my promises.
Sponsor
Nov 3, 2014
New Jersey
A forfeiture is a loss.

Loss just moves said team into higher odds in the lottery while simultaneously boosting one of the other North Division teams. Not much the league can do if they decide to go the route of forfeitures with the canucks at 8 players and counting.

If if goes up again tomorrow. Forfeitures are a distinct possibility.

My point is, why would forfeitures factor in to the lottery? I understand they count as losses, but due to them not being "earned" on the ice shouldn't they be null and void in regards to the draft?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad