Postponed Games Thread

Jee

uwu
Aug 25, 2006
Montréal
1st game in the North just postponed. Oilers @ Canadiens.

Kotkaniemi & Armia apparently tested positive.

YES ! WE BEAT TORONTO AT SOMETHING !

3rd-place-victory-meme-template.jpg

CamPopplestone

Sep 27, 2017
Not surprised, the Canadian Federal Government and the various Provincial governments are far stricter about protocols than the US in general, as you see with the absolute required 14 day quarantine and such. So the league and those teams probably don't want to poke the bear if they think there's even a risk of an outbreak

Because could you imagine the absolute shit show if they thought it wasn't being taken seriously enough, and a couple provinces just decided to revoke permission to play mid season?

I still think it's very impressive it's taken us this long to hit one here in Canada when you see just how many have hit the US though

smokes lets go

Oct 18, 2008
I still think it's very impressive it's taken us this long to hit one here in Canada when you see just how many have hit the US though

Is it though? Like you said the quarentine and lockdown restrictions are unequivically more stringrent. States like Texas are basically saying 'we're done with covid no more masks'. You can imagine how much envy the players in the North carry towards those south of the border in terms of how they get to enjoy their free time.

Reactions: Bridges31

HabbyGuy

Apr 10, 2003
Hamilton Ontario
Visit site
Is it though? Like you said the quarentine and lockdown restrictions are unequivically more stringrent. States like Texas are basically saying 'we're done with covid no more masks'. You can imagine how much envy the players in the North carry towards those south of the border in terms of how they get to enjoy their free time.

Is this sarcasm? Wtf would they be envious about? I'm thinking it's the complete opposite.

smokes lets go

Oct 18, 2008
Is this sarcasm? Wtf would they be envious about? I'm thinking it's the complete opposite.
really...? You don't think guys are jelous of others getting to golf, go to a restaurant, etc. whilst they are essentially in lockdown up here? Im sure there are guys that prefer the safety in covid protocol up here but c'mon.

Prairie Habs

Oct 3, 2010

Yeah, the players for Canadian teams are probably staring wistfully at the Stars players, wishing they could have had their seasons derailed by postponed games and a FUBAR government letting the power grid fail in a snow storm. Why can't our players enjoy their free time like that??

Canadienna

Jan 27, 2015
Dew drops and rainforest
I'm wondering if there is any kind of protocol for when games are postponed as opposed to played with shortened roster.

If KK and Armia test positive, and no one else does, I assume they will keep playing. But what if 2 more test postive, or 3 or 5+?

At what point do they call the games?

Fisticuffer

Mar 14, 2020
I'm wondering if there is any kind of protocol for when games are postponed as opposed to played with shortened roster.

If KK and Armia test positive, and no one else does, I assume they will keep playing. But what if 2 more test postive, or 3 or 5+?

At what point do they call the games?
I think I read they didn’t have time for contact tracing. Could be wrong though.

oilexport

Aug 29, 2010
Only team to keep mcdaddy off the score sheet for a week. Le blue, blanc, e rouge !

Taro Tsujimoto

Jan 6, 2009
Clarence Center, NY
Schedule update time:

• Game 498, Edmonton at Montreal, scheduled for March 22, is now scheduled for March 30 at 7 p.m. ET
  • Game 714, Washington at Boston, scheduled for April 20, is now scheduled for April 11 at 7 p.m. ET
  • Game 686, Calgary at Montreal, scheduled for April 16 at 7 p.m. ET, will now start at 6 p.m. ET
  • Game 546, Ottawa at Montreal, scheduled for March 28, is now scheduled for April 17 at 4 p.m. ET
  • Game 483, Boston at Buffalo, scheduled for March 20, is now scheduled for April 20 at 7 p.m. ET
  • Game 726, Toronto at Winnipeg, scheduled for April 21 at 8 p.m. ET, will now start at 7 p.m. ET
  • Game 721, Montreal at Edmonton, scheduled for April 20, is now scheduled for April 21 10 p.m. ET
  • Game 736, Montreal at Calgary, scheduled for April 22, is now scheduled for April 23 at 9 p.m. ET
  • Game 761, Montreal at Calgary, scheduled for April 26 at 10 p.m. ET, will now start at 6:30 p.m. ET
  • Game 760, Edmonton at Winnipeg scheduled for April 26 at 8 p.m. ET, will now start at 9 p.m. ET
  • Game 564, Montreal at Ottawa, scheduled for March 30, is now scheduled for May 5 at 7 p.m. ET
  • Game 847, Montreal at Toronto, scheduled for May 7, is now scheduled for May 6 at 7 p.m. ET
  • Game 510, Edmonton at Montreal, scheduled for March 24, is now scheduled for May 10 at 5:30 p.m. ET
  • Game 841, Tampa Bay at Florida, scheduled for May 6, is now scheduled for May 10 at 7 p.m. ET
  • Game 529: NY Islanders at Boston, scheduled for March 23, is now scheduled for May 10 at 7 p.m. ET
  • Game 833, Toronto at Ottawa, scheduled for May 5, is now scheduled for May 10 at 8 p.m. ET
  • Game 456, St. Louis at Los Angeles, scheduled for March 15, is now scheduled for May 10 at 10 p.m. ET
  • Game 526, Edmonton at Montreal, scheduled for March 26, is now scheduled for May 11 at 7 p.m. ET
  • Game 653, Boston at Washington, scheduled for April 11, is now scheduled for May 11 at 7 p.m. ET

Reactions: CHRDANHUTCH

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad