Postponed Games Thread

Shockmaster

Sep 11, 2012
Granted the standings could change, but with the way things are now some of the remaining games for the Canucks that would extend beyond May 12th may end up being completely meaningless.

Taro Tsujimoto

Jan 6, 2009
Clarence Center, NY
North Division schedule changes:

· Game #697, Toronto at Vancouver, scheduled for April 17, is now scheduled for Sunday, April 18 at 7 p.m. ET
· Game #710, Toronto at Vancouver, scheduled for April 19, is now scheduled for Tuesday, April 20 at 9 p.m. ET
· Game #726, Toronto at Winnipeg, scheduled for April 21, is now scheduled for Thursday, April 22 at 7 p.m. ET
· Game #829, Edmonton at Vancouver, scheduled for April 16, is now scheduled for Monday, May 3 at 10 p.m. ET
· Game #844, Edmonton at Vancouver, scheduled for May 6, is now scheduled for Tuesday, May 4 at 10 p.m. ET
· Game #593, Vancouver at Edmonton, scheduled for May 4, is now scheduled for Thursday, May 6 at 9 p.m. ET
· Game #526, Edmonton at Montreal, scheduled for May 11, is now scheduled for Wednesday, May 12 at 5 p.m. ET
· Game #647, Vancouver at Calgary, scheduled for May 3, is now scheduled for Thursday, May 13 at 9 p.m. ET
· Game #741, Toronto at Winnipeg, scheduled for April 23, is now scheduled for Friday, May 14 at 8 p.m. ET
· Game #673, Vancouver at Edmonton, scheduled for May 13, is now scheduled for Saturday, May 15 at TBD
· Game #567, Calgary at Vancouver, scheduled for April 21, is now scheduled for Sunday, May 16 at TBD
· Game #864, Calgary at Vancouver, scheduled for May 15, is now scheduled for Tuesday, May 18 at TBD
· Game #634, Vancouver at Calgary, scheduled for May 16, is now scheduled for Wednesday, May 19 at TBD

The NHL announced the following start time changes:

· Game #696, Edmonton at Winnipeg, scheduled for 10 p.m. ET on Saturday, April 17, is now scheduled to start at 7 p.m. ET
· Game #833, Toronto at Ottawa, scheduled for 7:30 p.m. ET on Wednesday, May 12, is now scheduled to start at 8 p.m. ET
NHL.com Media Site

Reactions: Pasha71

McSnypsky

Jun 22, 2019
And now West Division schedule changes are coming due to three Colorado games postponed.

It's possible now that West and North will start their playoff battles later than Central and South...
It's still early bro!
giphy.gif

Reactions: GirardSpinorama

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
And now West Division schedule changes are coming due to three Colorado games postponed.

It's possible now that West and North will start their playoff battles later than Central and South...

Hey now, there's still plenty of time for those two divisions to have their own late-season outbreaks to line everything up nicely, schedule-wise!

Bedards Dad

I was in the pool!!
Nov 3, 2011
Toronto
How does moving the Cancucks back 1 day change anything? They are clearly not ready to play and have been vocal about it. Just cancel the game.

LetsGoBLUES91

Jan 8, 2013
Next 3 games are canceled. Earliest return is next Wednesday.

I wish the Blues had the balls to pull what the Avs have now done twice to avoid playing games with injuries back when we were sending an AHL roster out in February.

Hope they’re completely exhausted come playoffs.

Shockmaster

Sep 11, 2012

There's a South Division?

Mordoch

Oct 19, 2019
I wish the Blues had the balls to pull what the Avs have now done twice to avoid playing games with injuries back when we were sending an AHL roster out in February.

Uh, conspiracy theories aside, the Avalanche were actually pretty healthy other than COVID right now. It mostly is about COVID in terms of who is currently not available and some long term injuries which are not expected to be better in the short term. (Mostly to minor players other than Erik Johnson and Francouz where the injuries might be for the rest of the season including the playoffs regardless.) The only shorter term injury is one for Patrik Nemeth, and I would not have considered him critical especially in the short run, and there was a good chance he would have been ready by the time we were scheduled to play the Blues with the original schedule.

beastintheeast

Mar 27, 2013
I am sure there is a plan BUT..... What happens if a team has an outbreak during the playoffs?

Do they forfeit the series?
Do they delay the playoffs until that team supposedly gets better?

Anyone have any idea?

Islay1989

Feb 24, 2020

:laugh:

I'm sure a plan of the team that is 17-1-2 in last 20 is to postpone games out of their own volition. If you conspiracy theorists want to blame someone, blame the Wild. Avs had games posponed in instances where they were forced to play the Wild who had previously added player(s) to the Covid list.

falconski

Unregistered User
Jan 21, 2008

You forgot your tin foil hat in the third bunker where they keep the UFOs

Reactions: Ace Rothstein

Taro Tsujimoto

Jan 6, 2009
Clarence Center, NY
Another batch of schedule changes (and hopefully the last of them):

Game #191, Colorado at St. Louis, scheduled for April 20, is now scheduled for Monday, April 26, at 7 p.m. ET
Game #762, St. Louis at Minnesota, scheduled for April 26, is now scheduled for Thursday, April 29, at 8 p.m. ET
Game #207, St. Louis at Minnesota, scheduled for May 12, is now scheduled for Saturday, May 1, at 8 p.m. ET
Game #764, Colorado at Vegas, scheduled for April 26, is now scheduled for Monday, May 10, at 10 p.m. ET
Game #688, Los Angeles at Colorado, scheduled for April 16, is now scheduled for Wednesday, May 12, at 9 p.m. ET
Game #790, Minnesota at St. Louis, scheduled for April 30, is now scheduled for Wednesday, May 12, at 8 p.m. ET
Game #162, Vegas at San Jose, scheduled for May 10, is now scheduled for Wednesday, May 12, at 9 p.m. ET
Game #704, Los Angeles at Colorado, scheduled for April 18, is now scheduled for Thursday, May 13, at 9 p.m. ET
Game #803, Minnesota at St. Louis, scheduled for May 1, is now scheduled for Thursday, May 13, at 8 p.m. ET
NHL.com Media Site

Reactions: CHRDANHUTCH

Total Bender

Unregistered User
Apr 20, 2014
Stl
You forgot your tin foil hat in the third bunker where they keep the UFOs
Or it's just a guy with a normal hat that has an unpopular opinion. I dont think Col is doing anything greasy here but why postpone these games and not others. Didn't Detroit have several players miss games due to covid and they didn't postpone any of those games?

BTW seems like you are gonna have to find a different conspiracy theory to denigrate people soon, aliens are upon us.

Pasha71

Dec 30, 2017
These postponements are affecting fantasy hockey playoffs. Now I have to plug two holes in the roster on April 30!

Runforthecup

Sponsor
Nov 10, 2013
Calgary, CW Bay
Idea for the NHL-Solution for ending the North division early.
Instead of a meaningless three game Calgary-Vancouver series at the end of the season (May 16-19) change it into a two game home and home series between them to see who got the higher draft choice in the 2021 entry draft. The two games could include the already scheduled May 13 game in Calgary and a return match on the 17th in Vancouver. (could be part of a double header on TV with the first playoff game). Each team would finish two games short of a "full" 56 game schedule but who cares when there are no bums in seats. Might create a little extra interest for TV watchers.

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
I don't feel like starting a new thread for this so i figure I will ask here. With the postponement games are they going to be moving the playoffs back a day or 2? I know originally it was supposed to start on Tuesday May 11

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
Yeah, so theoretically if the Habs lose their remaining games and one of Vancouver/Calgary sweeps all the makeup games, they could steal the last spot in the North. So how is the playoff schedule going to work with that? It's a 0.01% chance to actually happen, but let's say the Habs do lose to Edmonton twice to close out the year and Calgary or Vancouver is still technically alive, are they going to delay the entire playoffs or just have every other series start as normal while the Leafs and Habs sit around for up to a week in case it strings out that long? Then the Edmonton/Winnipeg winner will probably have to sit around waiting for the winner of the other north series, etc.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad