OT: Posters you really enjoy to interact with in the Habs forum

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
Aaawww how come I'm not getting any likes? :sarcasm:
I like you, love your sarcasm but you have to lighten up on Carey Price. People talk about how Price let us down but trust me, I have been a habs fan since the 70s, that guy would have had so many cups if he played with the great teams of old. We point fingers of blame with individual players but ultimately, hockey is a team game, one guy does not have wide enough shoulders to carry it all.

CapSpace

Caufield is lit
Nov 25, 2013
Near Montreal
I take it you also like habenaros or whatever, greenstickytoes, Pierre Lebrun and the other posters who post terrible trade proposals that are mostly favourable to Montreal ?

Hf in general tends to have a collective idea and if you go against that collective idea you're wrong and have no idea what you're talking about.

Then again, if you try and manipulate stats to make it seem like Bergevin is doing a good job, then you're automatically dismissed from having a credible insight on anything.

What's that rant about bro?

Reactions: Peanut

yianik

Jun 30, 2009
K
I like you, love your sarcasm but you have to lighten up on Carey Price. People talk about how Price let us down but trust me, I have been a habs fan since the 70s, that guy would have had so many cups if he played with the great teams of old. We point fingers of blame with individual players but ultimately, hockey is a team game, one guy does not have wide enough shoulders to carry it all.

Ken Dryden described himself as being a good goalie on a great team but that Price was a great goalie on a good team. It comes down to the team.

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010

She’d lose half of her identity if she didn’t trash Price tho. :laugh:

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
K

Ken Dryden described himself as being a good goalie on a great team but that Price was a great goalie on a good team. It comes down to the team.
Great post, we have relied too heavily on strength at one position while ignoring deficiencies at others, hockey is a team game, just look at Ovi, probably my favourite hockey player in the whole world, a bum before this year, and what changed? I'll tell you what changed, Kuznetsov and Backstrom but mostly the beauty in my avatar got the confidence to take it to the next level, Lars Eller turned in the performance of his life in this playoff cup win, I have always loved this player and the way he stepped up at so many critical times for that team makes him my unsung hero of last years playoffs, hockey is a team game from line 1 to 4, it takes everyone buying in!

Reactions: nhlfan9191

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010
Great post, we have relied too heavily on strength at one position while ignoring deficiencies at others, hockey is a team game, just look at Ovi, probably my favourite hockey player in the whole world, a bum before this year, and what changed? I'll tell you what changed, Kuznetsov and Backstrom but mostly the beauty in my avatar got the confidence to take it to the next level, Lars Eller turned in the performance of his life in this playoff cup win, I have always loved this player and the way he stepped up at so many critical times for that team makes him my unsung hero of last years playoffs, hockey is a team game from line 1 to 4, it takes everyone buying in!

Price was never the problem. Whether it was Anderson, Bishop, or Lundqvist, this team can’t score against starting goalies. Any bums can score on goalies like Lindback or Hammond. The only series in the past decade that I thought we performed up to par in was the two Boston series in 2011 and 2014. Whether it’s the rivalry or not, we seem to always step up our game against Boston and it’s been like that for a long time. The rest the series, our team was clearly outmatched.

yianik

Jun 30, 2009

I always liked Eller. Thought a great 3C. I wished only that he would have ever been given one skilled winger to consistently play with. Thought we could have a 40-45 goal 3rd line.

On attitude, this is one where MB loses me. He wants " I hate to lose players ". After Habs came back from 3 to 2 to beat Boston in 2014, Eller said the team always knew they would win, they believed in themselves and knew they would come back. See that's what I want, players who want to win and believe in themselves. Like Eller.

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
Price was never the problem. Whether it was Anderson, Bishop, or Lundqvist, this team can’t score against starting goalies. Any bums can score on goalies like Lindback or Hammond. The only series in the past decade that I thought we performed up to par in was the two Boston series in 2011 and 2014. Whether it’s the rivalry or not, we seem to always step up our game against Boston and it’s been like that for a long time. The rest the series, our team was clearly outmatched.
It's like as if we try and sweep the major issues facing this team right under the rug and point fingers in every direction, hockey is a team game, bottom 6 excellence is not enough, you need it all. Have Bergevin and company finally figured it out? We will see.

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
I always liked Eller. Thought a great 3C. I wished only that he would have ever been given one skilled winger to consistently play with. Thought we could have a 40-45 goal 3rd line.

On attitude, this is one where MB loses me. He wants " I hate to lose players ". After Habs came back from 3 to 2 to beat Boston in 2014, Eller said the team always knew they would win, they believed in themselves and knew they would come back. See that's what I want, players who want to win and believe in themselves. Like Eller.
In fairness to MB(never thought I would say that), was this a move to appease Therrien? Eller seems like a Julien type of player.

ahmedou

DOU
Oct 7, 2017
Mainly, I imagine that there was only male members who're in this Hockeyforum. Interacting and Debatting with Each Other.

I failed to omit that among ourselves there are also female members.

I'm divulging one of my newest hockey rules. When women exceed their kitchen zone. I call a straight offside play (smiley sexist). No way of argumentation with these thoughts in mind.

No Tbh A Sincere Props To Them. Recurently rhey propose and introduce with original kind of vibes.

Emily
DevilGirl
HabsGirl5000?
Etc

PS: In the present circumstances.
It's adressed to those who're concerned. DM me and screen-shot me ur face in real life :D

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010
It's like as if we try and sweep the major issues facing this team right under the rug and point fingers in every direction, hockey is a team game, bottom 6 excellence is not enough, you need it all. Have Bergevin and company finally figured it out? We will see.

If I could like this twice, I would.

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010
Kind words my friend, others have talent of graph and stats but I am a creature of eye.

Not trying to take this thread way off topic so I’ll stop soon, but I find it INCREDIBLE how many people forget this is a team sport or just choose to pretend it isn’t. I’ve always said worshipping or picking on a goalie is the easiest thing to do for casual fans as it takes the least amount of hockey Iq to evaluate when a goalie is having an on or off night as opposed to a skater.

Reactions: OldCraig71

yianik

Jun 30, 2009
In fairness to MB(never thought I would say that), was this a move to appease Therrien? Eller seems like a Julien type of player.

Eller liked coming into the ozone with the puck and stickhandle. Now true, he didn't have the vision or the higher skill set to often create plays, but again, a good 3C. MT despised east west players and guys handling the puck in the neutral zone ( hi Chucky ) so MT didn't like Eller. DD played the game that MT wanted so he was the guy.

Reactions: OldCraig71

smirob

Jun 2, 2014
I feel like the shy chubby girl at the prom that nobody will dance with....

But I’ll show you guys, this shy chubby girl will eventually blossom to become the most wanted woman in town...

...or I’ll be the sassy sarcastic chubby friend. Who doesn’t want one of this right guys?

*pours a tall glass of Chardonnay

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
Not trying to take this thread way off topic so I’ll stop soon, but I find it INCREDIBLE how many people forget this is a team sport or just choose to pretend it isn’t. I’ve always said worshipping or picking on a goalie is the easiest thing to do for casual fans as it takes the least amount of hockey Iq to evaluate when a goalie is having an on or off night as opposed to a skater.
I have seen Price save us in inhumane ways and I know that he is not the problem, he is a strength and is only targeted when posters choose to look beyond our weaknesses.

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
I like @JMMR the most. He’s also the best looking. Tremendous human.

However, he’s Portuguese, which cancels everything out.

Reactions: Redux91

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad