OT: Posters you really enjoy to interact with in the Habs forum

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
I enjoy have a discussion with any Habs fan... even the ones that dislike me. There is always something to be learned when you look past the BS and disrespectful comments. I don't have anybody on my ignore list and plan on keeping it empty. Disagreements will happen and even with someone you typically agree with. It's part of the discussion and we should always remain respectful. It's OK to not agree on certain Hockey debates.

Last edited:
Reactions: Garnet76

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002
My harmless post was removed by a bot, and I can't even complain to anyone. So I enjoy everyone but the stupid bots on this site, and the people that report a funny .gif that hurts their little feelings.

Reactions: ArtPeur

Grate n Colorful Oz

Hutson Hawk
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca
I enjoy have a discussion with any Habs fan... even the ones that dislike me. There is always something to be learned when you look past the BS and disrespectful comments. I don't have anybody on my ignore list and plan on keeping it empty. Disagreements will happen and even with someone you typically agree with. It's part of the discussion and we should always remain respectful. It's OK to not agree on certain Hockey debates.

Most people here like you, T. You just tend to get on people's nerves from time to time.

peate

Smiley
Sponsor
Feb 16, 2007
The Island
This is such a cool thread. It was two years after finding this Forum through Usenet that I decided to join. I've been a daily visitor ever since. I don't participate much in discussions, I'm more of a play by play person. I'll chime in for GDT's, or other live events.

The majority of posters here are a treat to read, and the differences of opinion is what makes it great. Only 2 people ever made my IL, and one of them escaped recently.

I think everybody forgot Emily (Pyretta Blaze) whom I always thought had the best avatar, and Fish on the sand, a fellow Nanaimoite who tuned me on to some good music. But a special greeting goes out to Per Sjoblom for personal reasons. He's truly a wonderful human being.

Thanks to all of you for providing all of us with a common objective and sometimes discussing a Hockey team we can be proud of. I only wish this board existed in the 70's.

:thumbu:

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Most people here like you, T. You just tend to get on people's nerves from time to time.

I'm TooLegitToQuit and I have fought exaggeration over and over. I also joined at the perfect time... after the Subban trade. The war and battles lines were set. Some posters will never forgive me.. lol. It's all good. I have had disagreements and agreements with you. We get along fine cause we don't let the past bother us. I have no problem admitting where I was wrong and I have.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Oh man. I forgot all about that guy. AnctilNDG was this years version of TheAntiPrice. 500 posts, all slamming on Price.

Only other poster that I can recall who is on a relentless campaign is expy. He was all over DD until he got traded. I forget who he's crucifying now but whoever it is, we'll find out as soon as next season begins.

Reactions: groovejuice

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010
Only other poster that I can recall who is on a relentless campaign is expy. He was all over DD until he got traded. I forget who he's crucifying now but whoever it is, we'll find out as soon as next season begins.

I was on Drouin’s back all season and Desharnais’s as well when he was here so I probably have no room to talk when it comes to chewing into a player. It’s not that I hate/d the players as much as their usage or in Drouin’s case, how we acquired him drove me nuts. I think most fans of any team have a few players like this on their team.

Reactions: Runner77

Chili

En boca cerrada no entran moscas
Jun 10, 2004
Did anyone mention @Chili and @Harpo? They don't post a lot but I always enjoy reading their well-thought posts.
Appreciated and back at ya.

I see a number of posters who I appreciate reading that I didn't see mentioned so a tip of the cap to all, including those who have moved on.

Tuggy

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2003
Saint John
I've been on this site for almost 15 years now. Don't post as much now since life has changed a lot since the early days...

Now I mostly read because I can't invest the time (or maybe energy) into getting into discussions/arguments. So I'll just read everyone else doing it.

I do appreciate the posters who post information though, especially on our prospects. I don't get a chance to watch many of them play, so it's always nice to get a scouting report or info via Twitter etc.

So keep the discussion/arguing/prospect info coming :D

Chili

Jun 10, 2004
This is such a cool thread. It was two years after finding this Forum through Usenet that I decided to join. I've been a daily visitor ever since. I don't participate much in discussions, I'm more of a play by play person. I'll chime in for GDT's, or other live events.

The majority of posters here are a treat to read, and the differences of opinion is what makes it great. Only 2 people ever made my IL, and one of them escaped recently.

I think everybody forgot Emily (Pyretta Blaze) whom I always thought had the best avatar, and Fish on the sand, a fellow Nanaimoite who tuned me on to some good music. But a special greeting goes out to Per Sjoblom for personal reasons. He's truly a wonderful human being.

Thanks to all of you for providing all of us with a common objective and sometimes discussing a Hockey team we can be proud of. I only wish this board existed in the 70's.

:thumbu:
Would have been fun here in the 1970's., would have been different though.

We didn`t know alot about the salaries (especially comparables), I don`t remember discussing the gm, the coach was the guy who stood behind the bench and chewed gum (like the seasons they won with Claude Ruel or Al McNeil behind the bench). It was all about the players.

Would have been just as passionate.

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010
I'm TooLegitToQuit and I have fought exaggeration over and over. I also joined at the perfect time... after the Subban trade. The war and battles lines were set. Some posters will never forgive me.. lol. It's all good. I have had disagreements and agreements with you. We get along fine cause we don't let the past bother us. I have no problem admitting where I was wrong and I have.

I’ve unfairly layed into you with aggressive posts because of our conversations of the past. I’ll admit I took the “I told you so” approach to far and for that I do apologize. I guess this thread did serve a purpose.

Reactions: Andrei79

Chili

Jun 10, 2004
Can't believe people forgot to mention Tuggy and Chili, myself included.
It's ok, really, 14+ years here numerous others I have enjoyed reading I didn't see mentioned as well.

I hesitate to name anyone because I will leave some out for sure.

Reactions: Redux91

QuebecPride

May 4, 2010
Sherbrooke, Québec
My favourite posters all belong to the Prospect threads and #HFIMFC. Shoutout to @Seb for the beer suggestions at the yearly Mondial de la Bière.

It's nothing against the other posters, as I don't hang around the other threads much.

Last edited:
Reactions: Adam Michaels

JohnLennon

Mar 26, 2011
I spent most of last season walking away from the games and posting here instead. You guys are more entertaining and less painful than the team we cheer for. I expect the next season to be more of the same, so what the hell... let's spread the goodwill amongst ourselves.

My Zen Guru awards go to Lyrical Lyricist, Adam Michael, and John Lennon. I can learn a thing or two from these guys about remaining calm against opposing forces. Smart, informative, and almost always nice.

The Yin-Yang awards go to KrissE and WeThreeKings. I've disagreed with these people often, but I almost always come away learning something and appreciating the way they present their opinions. Solid and always well thought-out.

The Rocky Balboa awards go to Jaffy, Scrubadam, Belial, and 417. These dudes are relentless and can take a hit. Gotta respect their willfulness against peer pressure.

The heads of HF's HR department are Montreal, WeThreeKings (again), and Whitesnake, who provide terrific insights into prospects. When these guys talk about young players I just shut up and listen.

The Get Off My Lawn awards go to Laurentide, Andrei79, Groovejuice, and a few names that escape me right now. The guys with life experience who add perspective and wisdom, and remind me I'm not the only older guy here.

The Camp Counsellor award goes to Runner77, whose subtle humour and gentle nudging overlays a sense of community onto this joint.

The Evil Cabal award goes to my fellow mods, Lafleurs Guy, Le Tricolore, Treb, donghabs98, montreal, MarkovsKnee, and Frenchy, a few of whom I've met in real life. I couldn't ask for a nicer and cooler group of guys to share the duties of censoring thoughts and grinding the rest of you under the jackboot of our fascist ambitions.

Finally, to the two dozen names I'm going to remember five minutes from now and think, "Damn! How did I forget to mention _____!"

This list is so perfect for a thread like this. Cheers Lshap!

Reactions: Runner77

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad