Post your embarassingly early hot takes based on the first games

Moskau

Jun 30, 2004
WNY
Buffalo being forced to build around Jack Eichel's ridiculous contract means they will never be contenders.

Tage2Tuch

Because TheJackAttack is in Black
May 10, 2004
CAN
ROR loses his love for the game 81 more times this year.

Buffalo being forced to build around Jack Eichel's ridiculous contract means they will never be contenders.

Has higher PPG then Matthews in the past two seasons, after two sprained ankles and a team that outside him scored 173 goals last year = ridiculous contract.

Okay. You do realize the cap will only go up and it’s 8 years long when top players will be earning 15-16 million by the time his contract is done right And he will be in his 30s by then.

Are you a leaf fan by chance?? Nevermind don’t have to ask. I have never seen a non leaf fan bash eichel the way leaf fans do. Guy has 121 pts in his last 129 games. I think you don’t know how the thread works this is for this season. Btw.

Last edited:

GodEmperor

Oct 12, 2017
Thread wants hot takes. Not realistic ones.

It's definitely a hot take, if you think the 6th best team in the league with 3 of it's best players being under 22 adding a top 10 center will miss the playoffs, you are certified insane aka it's an excellent hot take.

Master P

Mar 31, 2016
Florida
It's definitely a hot take, if you think the 6th best team in the league with 3 of it's best players being under 22 adding a top 10 center will miss the playoffs, you are certified insane aka it's an excellent hot take.
What the f*** did you just f***ing say, you little bitch? I’ll have you know I graduated top of my class in hot takes 101...............

Panthaz89

Buffalo Sabres, Carolina Panthers fan
Dec 24, 2016
Buffalo,NY
Lightning missed the playoffs a couple years ago with a much better team..

wabagee

Nov 24, 2014
Oh these are always great I remember all the people here agreeing Paul Maurice would be fired, that turned out accurate lol. Only that was serious because he was on the hot seat at the time.

The canucks have started 6-3-1 by the way for anyone who didn’t remember the last two years.

And Chicago beat the pens 9-1.

Just a few examples of the first games not mattering. I made a thread about it and only 6 of the 16 playoff teams I believe it was won the first game last year, I’d have to look again. It wasn’t just a few weeks ago.

AnywAy, I sure as hell hope the first game doesn’t matter again this year, buffalo outshot Boston 13-4 with couple mins to do in third , too little too late. Boston wasn’t going to be denied Marchand looked possessed.

Only great sabres in the first game were dahlin and ristoainen....and at times Thompson and Reinhart. I don’t think Hutton was that bad tbh just three goals against, one was a one timer on the pp, I think he was screened on the other and one was stoppable.

If buffalo loses to the rangers Saturday I’ll be worried. Lol

I’m not expecting playoffs but progression obviously
Paul Maurice should be fired, he’s a horrible coach but his players are saving his ass.

Gnashville

HFBoards Hall of Famer
Jan 7, 2003
Crossville
Rangers need to work on the extra attacker situations too many men on the ice penalty on a delayed penalty on Subban

LeafShark

Feb 2, 2010
Mitch Marner will score more goals than Alex Ovechkin. SAVE THIS ONE, YOU KNOW I'M RIGHT

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad