Post your embarassingly early hot takes based on the first games

983 others

Aug 26, 2009
Jack Eichel is the most overrated and overhyped player in the game and he’s at least two tiers below Matthews.

Just unimpressive, have fun with that contract.

Anomie2029

Oct 10, 2013
Melbourne, Australia
  • Calgary fires Bill Peters by the end of 2018.
  • Pittsburgh and Capitals both miss playoffs
  • Martin Jones finishes the season with a sub .900 SV%, Dell takes starters position.

BlackDogg

perpetuum defectum
Oct 3, 2015
The Jets will score more goals than the Caps and the Pens put together. And they won't always even stop the play for them.

Tage2Tuch

Because TheJackAttack is in Black
May 10, 2004
CAN
Oh these are always great I remember all the people here agreeing Paul Maurice would be fired, that turned out accurate lol. Only that was serious because he was on the hot seat at the time.

The canucks have started 6-3-1 by the way for anyone who didn’t remember the last two years.

And Chicago beat the pens 9-1.

Just a few examples of the first games not mattering. I made a thread about it and only 6 of the 16 playoff teams I believe it was won the first game last year, I’d have to look again. It wasn’t just a few weeks ago.

AnywAy, I sure as hell hope the first game doesn’t matter again this year, buffalo outshot Boston 13-4 with couple mins to do in third , too little too late. Boston wasn’t going to be denied Marchand looked possessed.

Only great sabres in the first game were dahlin and ristoainen....and at times Thompson and Reinhart. I don’t think Hutton was that bad tbh just three goals against, one was a one timer on the pp, I think he was screened on the other and one was stoppable.

If buffalo loses to the rangers Saturday I’ll be worried. Lol

I’m not expecting playoffs but progression obviously

Trade

Guentzel is ELITE
Apr 13, 2015
JAKE GUENZTEL GETS 70 POINTS AND 40 GOALS MARK MY WORDS

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad