Post your embarassingly early hot takes based on the first games

Elvs

Jul 3, 2006
Sweden
Halak will bump Rask down to be the backup in Boston. I had a feeling before the season started and I'm sure not any less convinced after their first couple of games.

Peasy

May 25, 2012
Star Shoppin
ROR loses his love for the game 81 more times this year.

Has higher PPG then Matthews in the past two seasons, after two sprained ankles and a team that outside him scored 173 goals last year = ridiculous contract.

Okay. You do realize the cap will only go up and it’s 8 years long when top players will be earning 15-16 million by the time his contract is done right And he will be in his 30s by then.

Are you a leaf fan by chance?? Nevermind don’t have to ask. I have never seen a non leaf fan bash eichel the way leaf fans do. Guy has 121 pts in his last 129 games. I think you don’t know how the thread works this is for this season. Btw.
Comparing a rookie and sophomore season to someone's sophomore and junior season. What great logic

It's okay, you guys will make the playoffs eventually.

Also the OP has a NY location and posts in the buffalo board.

Last edited:

Kuz

May 11, 2015
Carlson will have more points than any other dman in the league for the second year in a row.

Kuz

May 11, 2015
I don't see how either Washington or Pittsburgh could be considered contenders with that defense.

The Caps just shut out the Bruins the night before. They ran out of gas vs the Penguins in the b2b. Caps have exactly the same defence as last year(Kempny injured) and that was good enough to win.

Letang still not good defensively, but looks like he might be back in solid offensive form. So his offensive production might be more valuable than his defensive flaws this year.

Romkey

Jul 24, 2011
Marchand is going to sucker punch 41 people this season. His suckerpunch/60 is phenomenal right now

Reactions: Spilot23

HabsQC

Sep 27, 2008
Gatineau, Quebec
The Habs will lose all their game in OT due to lack of talent and despite outworking their opponent bad.

The Leafs will win every game just based on their skill and will get outworked every game. Matthews will finish 1st scorer of league 162 goals.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
The Wings may be the only team to challange Ottawa in terms of negative shot differential.

Yeah, they lost in overtime, but the shot discrepancy was embarrassing.

What's funny about the Ottawa-Chicago game is that the Senators looked like the better team for most of it despite being outshot.

They were going to the high-danger areas to manufacture chances while the Hawks were just throwing pucks at the net.

Ottawa sat on the lead in the 3rd after failing to get a 4th goal (one disallowed) and it cost them.

Anyway, maybe Chicago was worse than Ottawa being good.

Michoulicious

Dec 9, 2014
Halak ends up #1 in Boston, gets a contract prolongation midseason and takes them to the conference finals.

Then starts a summer of debate in Boston as who should be the #1 going forward between him and Rask. He ends up being traded to Washington for Eller and Ian Schultz (who the Caps just signed for the LoLz of it), and everyone is laughing everywhere until the end of times.

BonMorrison

Jun 17, 2011
Toronto, ON
This is a good thread.

The Predators are going to lead the league in blown leads this year. I mean, we didn't blow the lead last night but let's be honest, with 30 more seconds they hundred percent would have.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad