Tidbits: Post-Series Discussion: Blues vs. Wild - WILD WIN 4-2!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

NHL1674

Whatever...
Sponsor
Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
Was a very civil series. All other past playoff matchups, I'd come away hating the opponent immensely. But this time, I never developed a deep hate for the Blues and their fans. Why is that?

StealthClobber

A Digital Frontier.
Feb 7, 2013
Minnetonka, MN
Was a very civil series. All other past matchups, I'd come away hating the opponent immensely. But this time, I never developed a deep hate for the Blues and their fans. Why is that?

I feel the same way. I guess their fans were never as annoying as Avs fans, and we never really got into as many scrums with their players (and coach) as we did with the Avs.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Was a very civil series. All other past playoff matchups, I'd come away hating the opponent immensely. But this time, I never developed a deep hate for the Blues and their fans. Why is that?

Having experienced game 5 in St.Louis... I can say that the Blues fans I met were completely awesome fans!

I think with them it's more about the hockey than about the extra curriculars that Avs fans latched onto last year.

Avder

The Very Weedcat
Jun 2, 2011
A place.
Firing your coach because he can't lead a very good team to playoff success, and then hiring Todd McLellan seems like a great idea.:sarcasm:

I would have thought Edmonton would have locked him up by now. He's exactly what Edmonton needs to finally get back to the playoffs. They'll just need to find another coach to get them deeper in the playoffs.

SMTHook

Mar 23, 2015
Major congrats guys.

I probably had too much belief in the Blues heading into the series (I really don't know how they continue to fool me) but the Wild are a great team and deserved every win they got. You had good goaltending, an outstanding defense that blocked a ton of shots (Dumba was impressive for a rookie) and a forward group that played with a lot of tempo. I think guys like Parise, Zucker, Niederreiter, etc. really played with a lot of speed and tenacity that made you tough to play against and that's what you need in the playoffs. Those three in particular just stood out to me up front. You guys figured it out and the Blues didn't.

Well deserved, and you're handling the win nicely without being cocky or anything. I hope you guys beat the hell out of Chicago.
Handshake.

Avder

The Very Weedcat
Jun 2, 2011
A place.

I hate the Blues but their fans are a stand up bunch.

NHL1674

Whatever...
Sponsor
Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
Who's listening to fan line? Caller just said the Avs were a tougher matchup for us last year than the Blues this year? What!

tomgilbertfan

#WhyBother
Jun 22, 2008
Minnesota
UePLZgg.jpg

9GcyGGL.jpg

gphr513

Watch the world burn
Jan 14, 2014
Minneapolis, MN
Aww man, Barry didn't have us winning?

Well, to be fair, we are a much worse team than we were 2 years ago when he picked us to win the Cup :sarcasm:

Last edited:

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN
I posted before the series started a bunch of predictions. It was about 50-50 in most places except for ESPN.. :laugh:

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
Blues fan coming to congratulate you guys.

I don't have anything really special to say, I don't normally come other teams forum, but I want to just say you were clearly better team.

You guys were notably ready in this series then Blues. You played like team and helped each other and to my eyes there wasn't any specific time when you guys would be in panic mode. Ofc that 4th game was downfall, but overally you guys stood up and step up next level game 5 and rest is history. IMHO Yeo win this series 100-0 to his favour.

Be unit, fight and beat the hell out Chicago!

BladesofSTEELwFIRE

Feb 15, 2010
12 out of 13 ESPN morons pick the Blues! :laugh:

Great game by the Wild! Parise really stepped it up and showed what this team is made out of!

BurnsyMN

Mar 27, 2014
St Paul
Just watched a replay of the handshake line. Looked like Ott and Dubnyk shared a laugh and kind words. Good to see there was good sportsmanship there even if Ott was the guy to hate this series.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad