Tidbits: Post-Series Discussion: Blues vs. Wild - WILD WIN 4-2!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

llamapalooza

Hockey State Expat
Aug 11, 2010
Montréal
Just watched a replay of the handshake line. Looked like Ott and Dubnyk shared a laugh and kind words. Good to see there was good sportsmanship there even if Ott was the guy to hate this series.

Yeah, I don't think Ott's a genuine ******. Just knows his role and does it well.

BlueAero

Apr 19, 2013
Houston, TX
Yeah, I don't think Ott's a genuine ******. Just knows his role and does it well.

Exactly. He's the kind of guy you love if he plays for you, hate if he plays for them. He brings a lot of spirit and fire to the game....the kind of spirit and fire way too many of the Blues players lacked in this series. I hope Otter is back with us next season.

J22*

Exactly. He's the kind of guy you love if he plays for you, hate if he plays for them. He brings a lot of spirit and fire to the game....the kind of spirit and fire way too many of the Blues players lacked in this series. I hope Otter is back with us next season.

So do I. Take away all of the antics and nonsense, and you're left with nothing more than a terrible hockey player. I hope you guys find room for Reaves as well.

PariseNation

I hope so
Apr 15, 2014
Twin Cities
voTzmE1.jpg

This Wild fan started a towl spinning party on 94. Photo cred - me

tomgilbertfan

#WhyBother
Jun 22, 2008
Minnesota
Goal scorers for each team

Blues:

Tarasenko : 6
Berglund : 2
Steen : 1
Schwartz : 1
Backes : 1
Statsny : 1
Reaves : 1
Oshie : 1

14 goals scored by 8 players, Tarasenko responsible for 43% of the goals scored.
0 defenseman with goals

Wild

Parise : 3
Nino : 3
Pominville : 2
Scandella : 2
Granlund : 1
Spurgeon : 1
Koivu : 1
Coyle : 1
Fontaine : 1
Dumba : 1
Zucker : 1

17 goals scored by 11 players, Parise/Nino reseponsible for 18% of the goals each.
3 defenseman with goals (4 goals between the 3 of them).

Deeeeeepth.

llamapalooza

Hockey State Expat
Aug 11, 2010
Montréal
So do I. Take away all of the antics and nonsense, and you're left with nothing more than a terrible hockey player. I hope you guys find room for Reaves as well.

:laugh:

I don't know that I'd say he's a terrible hockey player. He's an adequate bottom-six forward. I'd say Hitchcock gave him a role, he played that role, and that role ended up being more of a distraction than a help to his team.

J22*

:laugh:

I don't know that I'd say he's a terrible hockey player. He's an adequate bottom-six forward. I'd say Hitchcock gave him a role, he played that role, and that role ended up being more of a distraction than a help to his team.

Can't skate, can't shoot, can't pass, isn't really physical unless you count hitting guys after they've already moved the puck. He's a Stephane Veilliuex that can win faceoffs. I do respect the effort they put in, but wouldn't want either anywhere near my lineup.

DeuceMN

Really?
Oct 1, 2011
Chi-Town, Il

I've met Ott on a couple occasions and he is actually a really nice and genuine guy. The first time hurt my pride because I really disliked him before that...

He just has a role to play and he does it really well.

IMO, one of the more effective players for the Blues throughout the series.

Al Lagoon

Feb 22, 2012
Ott is a good **** - he ain't the player he used to be, but he was one of the Blues best player not named Vladimir in this series.

Seemed like a lot of the Wild gave him love in the handshake line.

NHL1674

Whatever...
Sponsor
Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
Here are two brief videos from the game. They aren't the best quality and weren't taken with the intention of showing the play on the ice. That's why the players look like toothpicks...I had the camera zoomed all the way out to get as much of the place as I could. Looks like we're sitting in the rafters when we're actually in a much lower row of the upper section. It was taken simply for the crazy atmosphere in the building.

This was Nino's empty netter. Sorry for the camera bouncing around a lot, but I was sort of cheering while trying to take the video. :laugh:

shpongle falls

Ass Möde
Oct 1, 2014
The Night Train
Blues fan coming in peace! That was a great series and I gotta say except for game 4, the Wild were the better team in this series, no question about it. I thought Doobs coming over in January and being a finalist for the vezina trophy was a great story this year, and he seems like a really likeable guy. He was great in this series.

I am rooting for you guys all the way to beat the Hawks! Please please beat the Blackhawks this year! Can't stand that team.

gphr513

Watch the world burn
Jan 14, 2014
Minneapolis, MN
Here are two brief videos from the game. They aren't the best quality and weren't taken with the intention of showing the play on the ice. That's why the players look like toothpicks...I had the camera zoomed all the way out to get as much of the place as I could. Looks like we're sitting in the rafters when we're actually in a much lower row of the upper section. It was taken simply for the crazy atmosphere in the building.

This was Nino's empty netter. Sorry for the camera bouncing around a lot, but I was sort of cheering while trying to take the video. :laugh:

Nice videos! Much better camera work than I would have been able to accomplish after that Nino goal! :laugh:

gphr513

Watch the world burn
Jan 14, 2014
Minneapolis, MN
Blues fan coming in peace! That was a great series and I gotta say except for game 4, the Wild were the better team in this series, no question about it. I thought Doobs coming over in January and being a finalist for the vezina trophy was a great story this year, and he seems like a really likeable guy. He was great in this series.

I am rooting for you guys all the way to beat the Hawks! Please please beat the Blackhawks this year! Can't stand that team.
Thanks. We'll do our best to end the Blackhawks reign of tyranny over the Central division. :laugh:

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Anyone have a gif or something of the Cooke embellishment? Girlfriend dragged me to Target and I missed half of the second period.

Paul Bunyan

Jul 5, 2012
Land of Ice and Snow
www.flickr.com
Was a very civil series. All other past playoff matchups, I'd come away hating the opponent immensely. But this time, I never developed a deep hate for the Blues and their fans. Why is that?

For me....

1. They didn't have a lot of fans at the X. There were actually more at the regular season game than the playoffs in my estimation (though I was only at 4 and 6).

2. The fans that were there were pleasant (as they have been in previous seasons). Unlike some fanbases.

BruinLVGA

CZ Shadow 2 Compact coming my way!
Dec 15, 2013
Switzerland
Very well done, Minnesota! Seeing my B's this year are not in it, I am rooting for you guys. I hope you will win it all! Go Wild!

Randy BoBandy

Cheeseburger Party
May 9, 2011
Sunnyvale
Definitely don't believe we outplayed the blues. We just scored some timely goals and capitalized on our chances. Plus Dubnyk played lights out. For large portions of the games we did win I thought the blues were in control. But hell I thought we outplayed the Hawks last year and the Wild lost. It happens.

I would love to have some of the names the Blues are thinking about moving. Steen and Oshie would be my favorites. Great players.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->