Tidbits: Post-Series Discussion: Blues vs. Wild - WILD WIN 4-2!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lapa

Global Moderator
Feb 21, 2010
This team feels different compared to previous seasons. In a good way.

What a performance. Absolutely ****ing beautiful.

Arturia Pendragon

Humble Optimist
Sponsor
Jan 14, 2015
Holy Grail
Great to see the Wild win. Allen let in a couple of softies and we were able to take advantage. I thought the Blues were starting to take over the game in the second period (especially with that late goal), but the strong start to the third was exactly what the doctor ordered.

Now, please, let's finally get Chicago off our back!

W75

Wegistewed Usew
Oct 22, 2011
Winland
This team is different. I can't say how far it will carry them. But it's different. They're fearless but still level-headed. They've found the spirit but they're still rational.

Engebretson

Thank you, sweet rabbit
Nov 4, 2010
Minnesota
So proud of our boys right now. That second period had me scared, but the way we played in the third was the perfect response.

Also, :heart: Parise

NHL1674

Whatever...
Sponsor
Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
You know it's playoff season when the Alary's bus goes by honking its horn with fans hanging out the windows waving their towels.

Lapa

Global Moderator
Feb 21, 2010
Big players come through in big games. It's a treat to have Zach Parise on this team.

He's a perfect team player. Never gives up, good defensively and offensively, and a great teammate.

DeuceMN

Really?
Oct 1, 2011
Chi-Town, Il
I'm so proud of our guys!

And I'm very happy to be wrong and that we're heading on to take on the Blackhearts again!

Which we need to beat. That would be nice.

I agree with whoever said this team feels different than they have in the past. They seem like they might be taking that next step.

Dakota Sioux

Wild Time
Aug 19, 2005
JAMESTOWN,ND
10891470_10155561971845171_8057761946988991392_n.jpg

DANOZ28

May 22, 2012
nearest bar MN
after 4 early playoff exits what should the blues do now? tweak? rebuild? i'd look at a new coach then add one or 2 speedy players. maybe get rid of ott. just my one cent.

BlueAero

Apr 19, 2013
Houston, TX
I'm a lifelong Blues fan (since 1967!) and I am also (and always will be) a Houston Aeros fan. This loss to you guys hurts like hell (so many disappointments over those 48 years with no Cup!) but you were the better team so congratulations! To see guys like Scandella, Granlund, Coyle, Zucker, Brodin, Fontaine and Kuemper make it to the second round of the playoffs with a chance to take out the Hawks makes me proud to be an Aeros fan. It's also a very bitter pill for me to swallow to see my beloved Blues make an early exit once again. I'll deal with that agony privately. In the meantime, I will be rooting for the Wild to destroy the hated Blackhawks and I honestly believe that you guys have the team to do it. I'll be wearing my Aeros jersey with pride as I watch. Let's go Wild!!!

Avder

The Very Weedcat
Jun 2, 2011
A place.
If I'm the Blues I'm cleaning house. Hitchcock is gone, most of the Veterans get traded off and I build a new team around a new coach and Tarasenko.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
I'm a lifelong Blues fan (since 1967!) and I am also (and always will be) a Houston Aeros fan. This loss to you guys hurts like hell (so many disappointments over those 48 years with no Cup!) but you were the better team so congratulations! To see guys like Scandella, Granlund, Coyle, Zucker, Brodin, Fontaine and Kuemper make it to the second round of the playoffs with a chance to take out the Hawks makes me proud to be an Aeros fan. It's also a very bitter pill for me to swallow to see my beloved Blues make an early exit once again. I'll deal with that agony privately. In the meantime, I will be rooting for the Wild to destroy the hated Blackhawks and I honestly believe that you guys have the team to do it. I'll be wearing my Aeros jersey with pride as I watch. Let's go Wild!!!
Welcome aboard the bandwagon... that's one thing both our fanbases can agree on... wanting Chicago to lose! :yo:

StealthClobber

A Digital Frontier.
Feb 7, 2013
Minnetonka, MN

From a fellow die-hard Aeros fan, thanks.

We'll get the Aeros back soon enough. ;)

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
Major congrats guys.

I probably had too much belief in the Blues heading into the series (I really don't know how they continue to fool me) but the Wild are a great team and deserved every win they got. You had good goaltending, an outstanding defense that blocked a ton of shots (Dumba was impressive for a rookie) and a forward group that played with a lot of tempo. I think guys like Parise, Zucker, Niederreiter, etc. really played with a lot of speed and tenacity that made you tough to play against and that's what you need in the playoffs. Those three in particular just stood out to me up front. You guys figured it out and the Blues didn't.

Well deserved, and you're handling the win nicely without being cocky or anything. I hope you guys beat the hell out of Chicago.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad