Tidbits: Post-Series Discussion: Blues vs. Wild - WILD WIN 4-2!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

gphr513

Watch the world burn
Jan 14, 2014
Minneapolis, MN
Well, it wouldn't be a Wild team in the playoffs without a Game 7 :laugh:

But yes, as I think someone alluded to in another thread, this is the 1st time the Wild have ever been able to win a round while at home. It would be nice to celebrate after the game is done!
Yeah, I heard on NHLN that this is the first time in team history that we've led a series going into an elimination game.

DeuceMN

Really?
Oct 1, 2011
Chi-Town, Il
So, I guess we matched it tonight? :)

We won, but outside of the second period, that was not really a game I would expect us to win the majority of the time.

My only point, because I'm stoked we won, is that we should not be too cocky about that win.

This is similar to game 2 where the score was not indicative of the game and the Blues should not have been as cocky as they were.

The Blues really should have had last nights game, but/for Doooobs! Rebounded amazingly well.

Dee Oh Cee

Aug 4, 2010
Eagan
What a strange series....teams winning road games and there hasn't been hardly any drama in any of the wins (win by 2, lose by 3, win by 3, lose by 5, win by 3). Just complete opposite of the Colorado series.

DANOZ28

May 22, 2012
nearest bar MN
blues outshot us, they scored first and had several chances in the first to put us behind the 8 ball. not the dominate wild win i was hoping for. i guess a playoff win is a win. refs were a little bit homers in the 3rd but we survived. go wild!

BladesofSTEELwFIRE

Feb 15, 2010
We can close this out on Sunday man.. we have to.. just ****in play your game and finish them

The Wild know the can feed off the crowd like it's a 6th skater so I find it hard to believe they will blow it. Especially after Duby said they view it as a do or die game 7.

WildisLaw

The curse is real
Jan 19, 2010
Cali
Our advantage in goal showed up big yesterday. That's what a hot goalie does in the playoffs. I don't expect anything less from Doobs, guy has been on a roll since January. He's made some incredible saves this series and his demeanor is world class. So happy for the guy right now.

Lesson learned after game 4, close them out in game 6.

New favorite playoff line....The bulldozer line.... Nino/Kap/Stew

Last edited:

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN
Still finding this pretty hilarious. Small sample size ftw.

X6sfyKN.png

Jbcraig1883

Mar 31, 2002
Virginia
Earlier this week, Russo quoted Yeo about shadowing Tarasenko similar to how they shadowed McKinnon, saying that they cannot do that since St. Louis Blues have too many weapons. Well, since Yeo has last change tomorrow and Tarasenko has been the one carrying their offense, do you think he does shadow Tarasenko tomorrow? Force Steen, Backes, Oshie, etc. to score...

Nostalgia says suit up Walz :laugh:

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
I'm curious how many of those PPG are from the second unit. Seems like the first unit still isn't producing much.

gphr513

Watch the world burn
Jan 14, 2014
Minneapolis, MN
I'm curious how many of those PPG are from the second unit. Seems like the first unit still isn't producing much.

First PPG was Dumba, from Stewart and Spurgeon
Second was the Pominville ENG
Third was Spurgeon from Nino and Granlund
Fourth was Koivu from Parise and Suter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad