Tidbits: Post-Series Discussion: Blues vs. Wild - WILD WIN 4-2!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

gphr513

Watch the world burn
Jan 14, 2014
Minneapolis, MN
Love it.

That was fun to watch. :yo::yo:

Weathered the storm in the 1st, when the Blues were clearly the better team, and then went out and took that game!

Minny Lakes

Apr 4, 2013
Kind of interesting how the Blue's fans were saying they had better depth than us, but just by looking at TOI tonight, their 4th line (Goc, Porter, Reaves) going by TOI were all under 8 minutes.
The lowest for Wild was Cooke at 10:30, followed by Vanek (12:02) and Zucker (12:06). Zucker's minutes down because he moved to Vanek and Coyle's line, and he was in the locker room for a few minutes in the 2nd (or 3rd) period for an injury.
Very cool though, a 20 goal scorer in limited games and your 3rd highest point getter in the regular season see the least amount of minutes besides Cooke during a playoff game. #depth

tomgilbertfan

#WhyBother
Jun 22, 2008
Minnesota
How the heck did he put Wednesday’s 6-1 loss behind him, a game he was pulled after allowing six goals on 17 shots? How the heck did teammate after teammate say that Dubnyk’s positive attitude the past day was contagious and wore off on the group? How the heck did Yeo say the most impressive part of Dubnyk’s response was his eagerness to get back out there tonight and rebound?

“It’s easy,” Dubnyk said. “Everything we’ve been through, the belief that we have as a group in here of how good of a team we are, there was just no doubt from anybody in here that we were going to come in and have a better hockey game. I always go back to the conversation I had with [Coyotes captain] Shane Doan and him just reminding me that when you’re down or have a bad game, you need to remind yourself that that’s not the person you are, that’s not the player you are. You go back to when you have a 40-shot shutout, or 35 save, one-goal game, that’s who you are as a person and a player, you just have remember that.”

Dubnyk made 19 of his 36 saves in the third period, a period the Wild was in severe survival mode as the Blues pressured heartily.

Charlie Coyle, who scored the fourth goal tonight, raved about Dubnyk after the game and said the bench exploded with that save.

The Wild is now 4 for 11 on the power play this series. Tonight snapped five consecutive Game 5 losses.

That’s it for now. We know how the Wild usually play when it’s in a terrific position. We’ll see if it can avoid a letdown.

http://www.startribune.com/sports/blogs/301300241.html

BurnsyMN

Mar 27, 2014
St Paul
Fans are gonna come to party on Sunday afternoon. Hope the team comes out on fire, ready to close the series out.

tomgilbertfan

#WhyBother
Jun 22, 2008
Minnesota
So, I guess we matched it tonight? :)

I guess you could say that we played our game against their game and tonight when we were playing our game we were able to beat their game, even if they didn't change their game we could change our game from the last game to win this game.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
If game 4 taught me anything, it's not to be confident in game 6.

PariseNation

I hope so
Apr 15, 2014
Twin Cities
just got home from a rock show. So happy we came out with a W. Looking forward to re-reading the GDT. Lets get this **** done on Sunday.

booooooooommmmmmm

SMTHook

Mar 23, 2015
Flight home. Movie tonight is game 4. Video after practice tomorrow is game 4. Homework is game 4. Watch game 4 all day all night. WILD IN 6!!!!!!!!

youvegotit

Dec 10, 2011
Really hope we can get a win here on Sunday as we could use some rest for the next round (if we get there).

Zucker is obviously playing hurt, guessing it's bad enough that if it were regular season it would be week to week.

I've been very disappointed with Vanek, hopefully for our sake he's playing hurt as well, because for the money he gets he should be much better.

And oh boy is Stewart a roller coaster ride, effort wise and production wise.

I've been very happy with Koivu, Poms, Nino, Parise, Suter, Spurg, Dumba, Leopold, and Dubs.

Brodin, Coyle and Fontaine have been a bit disappointing for me, but their still not playing that bad. Scandella has been kind of shaky defensively, but loving the offense he's bringing. The rest have been just alright imo.

Going to need a great game Sunday to get the win, the Blues have outplayed us pretty bad the last two games.

Big C

May 13, 2012
Yasss! I was pretty sure that we were on our way out after the first period. Solid performance in the second, and it wasn't much of a problem just riding of the storm in the 3rd. Hard to describe how angry I was with Cooke taking the worst penalty in the history of man with 5 minutes left. Don't care now, we made it.

Another early game start on Sunday. Great for us who normally has to stay up all night to catch the games live. My exam results would benefit of a decision on Sunday.

Avder

The Very Weedcat
Jun 2, 2011
A place.

We should all chip in and send Shane Doan a keg of his favorite brew for giving Dubnyk that talk.

Dubnyk really got the Obi-Wan and Yoda treatment earlier this year. And holy crap what a difference it's made. I thought he was an OK goalie in Edmonton because he had decent numbers in front of a totally crap team, but when he came here I never in my wildest dreams imagined he would be a Vezina Finalist!

SunDin

Dec 22, 2008
Zucker is obviously playing hurt, guessing it's bad enough that if it were regular season it would be week to week.

I've been very disappointed with Vanek, hopefully for our sake he's playing hurt as well, because for the money he gets he should be much better.

My question is,, is a hurt Zucker better than a healthy Haula or Bergenheim? That's a no in my opinion.

About Vanek, he delivers what I expected when we got him here.. Good when the oppositions D sucks, or when they are out of momentum, like when Wild had the 3/1 lead tonight. And invisible when oppositions D playing well. Yes correct, im still bitter we got him here.

BladesofSTEELwFIRE

Feb 15, 2010

Going to need this workmanlike attitude coming back home.

I want to close it out in game 6 so badly.

FANTASTIC game by the Wild! They surprised me because like many others I thought the Blues had the advantage after game 4.

I'm sure the Wild will be POSSESSED tomorrow to win and close out the Blues because they don't want to go back to St.Louis and risk a game 7 where anything can happen!

Aurinko

Apr 1, 2015
Finland
I said Wild in 6 and I'm sticking with that :)

"Of the 606 best-of-seven NHL playoff series played, 149 (24%) have resulted in a Game 7 with the home team holding a healthy 94-55 (63%) edge."

Really need some help from the puck-gods on Sunday, game 7 would be too nerve-racking to watch..

BigT2002

Dec 6, 2006
Somwhere
"Of the 606 best-of-seven NHL playoff series played, 149 (24%) have resulted in a Game 7 with the home team holding a healthy 94-55 (63%) edge."

Really need some help from the puck-gods on Sunday, game 7 would be too nerve-racking to watch..

Well, it wouldn't be a Wild team in the playoffs without a Game 7 :laugh:

But yes, as I think someone alluded to in another thread, this is the 1st time the Wild have ever been able to win a round while at home. It would be nice to celebrate after the game is done!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad