GDT: post-season pre-postseason preseason hockey is here

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
I thought I wouldn't mind the lack of fans during this

I was wrong. The atmosphere is what makes playoff hockey great. This just feels.... Wrong

I was just thinking how much this reminds me of a Charlotte Hornets game against a Timberwolves/Grizzlies type opponent. The in-game music overtakes everything.

Only thing missing is the loud-ass rap beats during play.

bleedgreen

Dec 8, 2003
colorado
Visit site
easily lol

what have you done for me lately
Why? I’ve been watching Vatanen his whole career. Dougie has a bomb and sees passing lanes well but he isn’t nearly as mobile. They’re completely different styles of the same job. We have two units. Vatanen could have better chemistry with the Finn unit.

I said the day we acquired Vatanen he could be a huge help to the pp, and felt that day (maybe even said it) that he was probably a smoother pp qb than Dougie. That day I felt he was could be our best offensive dman. Dougie has the bomb but looks like he’s in mud sometimes back there.

Vatanen is an under rated player.

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
this is random and i'm sure has been often noted in some form, but it never ceases to amaze me how LABORIOUSLY Staal moves on the ice. it's always like he's playing through a fleshing eat wound of some sort.

That said, I'll gladly take playoff Staalsy this year.

Just like Eric, some nights it looks like he is skating in mud.

GoldiFox

Apr 21, 2014
Reimer has been solid but I don't think he's faced a chance as dangerous as any of Mrazek's goals against. Good to know they have 2 solid options though.

Reactions: WreckingCrew

bleedgreen

Dec 8, 2003
colorado
Visit site
They both look like themselves. Mrazek is super athletic but a spaz, Reimer is calm and plays the angles. Mrazek sometimes needs to get on a roll to be at his best, Reimer doesn’t necessarily. That suggests Reimer but I love Mrazek and Rod is loyal.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad