Tribute Post Players' Defining Games

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
What made the Pitt game even more satisfying is that this was at the peak of Penguin diving.

Malkin had taken a huge spill to put the Rangers a man down before Staal's equalizer.

Marty Biron's final game against the Sharks was pretty defining too, though in a different way.

McSauer

Defense Wins Games
Feb 18, 2004
Jersey City, NJ
I thought the OT goal by Poulliot in Detroit during the 13-14 season was the turning point of that whole year. The brass-zucc-poulliot line came together and never came apart

YES...there were rumblings that the Rangers were considering waiving Zucc after a bad start, and boom that line is born and sets the tone for the rest of that Finals run...

EDIT: OT goal was Brassard, but play entirely made by Pouliot.

Reactions: TheDirtyH

LokiDog

Get pucks deep. Get pucks to the net. And, uh…
Sep 13, 2018
Dallas
Which one? Didn’t they have deja vu goals against the Pens?

I am fairly certain that it happened again, in reverse with Cally feeding Dubi. I think it wasn’t AS nice the second time, but I can never find the highlight. The one with the Dubi toe drag for the OT winning tap in by Cally was the initial one that came to mind, but I’m almost positive there was a deja by goal that also came against the Pens.

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
Pavelich 5 goal game

Gretzky playoff hat trick

Stepan game 7 OT winner

Stemkowski Triple OT

Honorable mention, opponent: Roy skating to center ice

Yeah I know, I colored outside the lines that OP drew.

bobbop

Henrik & Pop
Sponsor
May 27, 2004
Now, Suburban Phoenix. Then, Long Island
Challenge accepted.

Rangers/Sabres game 3. 2007. Rozi with the OT game winner.
My wife and I flew in from Minnesota for that game. We had a flight out that we were going to miss if it went past the second overtime. When Rozy played with the Coyotes I thanked him for ending the game. I also wore his Rangers jersey from that game to a playoff game where I was seated on the glass and he got a kick out of that.

Reactions: McSauer

Sockosensei

May 13, 2007
Japan
Loving the replies here. Some of these bring back memories that were buried deep.

Ryan Callahan:
probably a regular season game vs the Devils, low stakes other than local rivalry. Callahan may have just been called back up from the AHL and wants to establish himself.

He goes ahead and wins every puck battle, throws hits, blocks shots, and is utterly dominant in what's otherwise a ho-hum game. Don't know whether he scored.

The announcers can't stop calling his name on every shift. One of the best "effort" games in memory.

Does anyone remember this one?

HockeyBasedNYC

Feeling it
Aug 2, 2005
Here
Loving the replies here. Some of these bring back memories that were buried deep.

Ryan Callahan:
probably a regular season game vs the Devils, low stakes other than local rivalry. Callahan may have just been called back up from the AHL and wants to establish himself.

He goes ahead and wins every puck battle, throws hits, blocks shots, and is utterly dominant in what's otherwise a ho-hum game. Don't know whether he scored.

The announcers can't stop calling his name on every shift. One of the best "effort" games in memory.

Does anyone remember this one?

That was like every game for Cally, lol

But this one stood out for him too

Reactions: jacko23 and McSauer

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated: