Tribute Post Players' Defining Games

will1066

Fonz Drury
Oct 12, 2008

Without a doubt, one of the top 5 performances in Rangers history. I know hes not alumni, but whatever.

And a great call by Sammy, didnt screw that one up!

I feel the Gaborik 5 goal performance was more exciting/defining. No reason why. Maybe it's because he hung a five spot on us as a Wild

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Adam Fox's 5-assist game in Philadelphia:

This is the night I went from "Fox should win the Norris in my analytics-driven, homer opinion but it'll never happen" to "holy f***ing shit, he actually might!"

Reactions: McSauer

chosen

Aug 2, 2005
ASPG
Kovalev staying out way too long on a shift and Keenan not allowing him to come back to the bench for a few minutes.

DanielBrassard

It's all so tiresome
May 6, 2014
PA from SI
Rick Nash had a game against Tampa where he scored a goal and has like 12 shots on goal or something like that after he came back from an injury during the 12-13 season. One of the most dominant performances I remember. At least I think I do.

chosen

Aug 2, 2005
ASPG
Eddie Giacomin skating to center ice before Game 3 of a Cup final against Boston and talking to Derek Sanderson. Puck drops. Every Ranger drops his gloves.

After the game, we find out Giacomin said something like "We don't care if we win, but we're going to take care of you.

Edit: Also Eddie night at the Garden when he came back as a Red Wing.

blue425

Apr 14, 2007
NYC
www.streetwars.net
My wife and I flew in from Minnesota for that game. We had a flight out that we were going to miss if it went past the second overtime. When Rozy played with the Coyotes I thanked him for ending the game. I also wore his Rangers jersey from that game to a playoff game where I was seated on the glass and he got a kick out of that.

You picked a good one. Always fun to see the boys on the road. Tried getting tickets for Sunday's game in Seattle (wife is from Washington), but bots snatched them quick and I'm not paying $300 for nosebleeds.

I'll get there.

Hank - There are so many, but (since I have to pick one) I'll say game seven vs. the Pens.

egelband

Sep 6, 2008

Doesn't really fit the criteria, but I think of Adam Graves and I think of this.

That’s great. Guy tries to take out a skill guy and gets fed. That’s a justified fight. Rangers don’t usually stand up for each other that way. I do remember loving this bit of justice from Mike Rupp.

Reactions: McSauer

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
Not a player-specific choice, but the post-Gaborik trade game against the Penguins where all of the new guys scored a point still remains one of my favorite memories. I'm pretty sure that game made a lot of people start to love Brassard. Hank was great in that game too, and most importantly, Tanner Glass started shit by shooting the puck into an empty net after the 2nd period ended

McSauer

Defense Wins Games
Feb 18, 2004
Jersey City, NJ
Not a player-specific choice, but the post-Gaborik trade game against the Penguins where all of the new guys scored a point still remains one of my favorite memories. I'm pretty sure that game made a lot of people start to love Brassard. Hank was great in that game too, and most importantly, Tanner Glass started shit by shooting the puck into an empty net after the 2nd period ended

GREAT game, and got us hot to make the playoffs in that shortened season...

Reactions: Mac n Gs

Mandar

The Real Maven
Sep 27, 2013
The Tarheel State
Would love to see more from the Rangers before my time.

Brad Park
Jean Ratelle
Vic Hadfield
Ron Greschner
For Park, I remember he dominated game 3 of the 1972 finals against Boston. We were down 2 games to none, and in game 3, I think he got like 4 points.....I remember him scoring 2 PPG in the first period. One of the few games where he controlled the game instead of Bobby Orr.

For Hadfield, I remember the last game of that 1972 season against the Habs at MSG. He needed 2 goals to get 50 (an incredible accomplishment at that time)....after he got the second one (also on the PP, I think), the crowd absolutely erupted.

Reactions: Sockosensei

TheDirtyH

Jul 5, 2013
Chicago

Gaborik's two goal introduction against the Penguins was a really fun one too. Gaborik was absolutely unreal the first half of that season. Probably the best player in the NHL from game 1 to 41 in his first year here. I always loved Gaborik and was so excited when we signed him. Then that first game he goes out and proves himself worth every penny. Hadn't seen a big UFA do that here in my whole time as a Rangers fan. Didn't see it again until Panarin.

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York
That’s great. Guy tries to take out a skill guy and gets fed. That’s a justified fight. Rangers don’t usually stand up for each other that way. I do remember loving this bit of justice from Mike Rupp.

I remember that Rupp play. So hilarious that he waits for the linesmen to break it up and then just pulls Kopecky away from him and starts pounding him.

chosen

Aug 2, 2005
ASPG
For Park, I remember he dominated game 3 of the 1972 finals against Boston. We were down 2 games to none, and in game 3, I think he got like 4 points.....I remember him scoring 2 PPG in the first period. One of the few games where he controlled the game instead of Bobby Orr.

For Hadfield, I remember the last game of that 1972 season against the Habs at MSG. He needed 2 goals to get 50 (an incredible accomplishment at that time)....after he got the second one (also on the PP, I think), the crowd absolutely erupted.

Hadfield was one of the scariest looking dudes I ever saw. His face appeared to be carved out of granite.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad